Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Lol Flacco won't be making anyone "into threats". He's more likely to tank their career with his poor play.
    Then the Fant selection was clearly a wasted pick.

Apparently, Denver should have drafted another OLman to help create running lanes for Lindsay
    seeing as Flacco will "tank" the career of every receiver around him due to his poor play.

What was Elway thinking in trading for Flacco?
    Here's to another top ten pick!
    Last edited by mozzerpete; 05-12-2019 at 01:50 PM. Reason: *lanes

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Then the Fant selection was clearly a wasted pick.

Apparently, Denver should have drafted another OLman to help create running lanes for Lindsay
    seeing as Flacco will "tank" the career of every receiver around him due to his poor play.

What was Elway thinking in trading for Flacco?
    Here's to another top ten pick!
    How is it wasted? Having good players on the team is never a waste. Fant will be of great help to Lock should they both pan out.

I don't think he will do so for every receiver, but players like a middling TE and a rookie are not going to see their game elevated by one of the league's worst QBs. That's just not how it works.

I don't know about top 10, I say we win 5-7 games. Our overall talent is improved, but with a new coaching staff usually growing pains follow. Things will be much better in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Your analogy is a stretch.

Perhaps if Butt (R5) and Fumagalli (R5) were reliable, then there would have been no need to re-sign Heuerman or draft Fant.

Fant could learn next to Rudolph while opening up the middle of the field for Lindsay, Sutton, and Sanders.

Hopefully, Flacco will make Heuerman and Fant into threats.

It will be interesting to see what Rudolph's trade price was, if any.
    I would offer a mid to late round pick.
    I'd argue we already had a guy like Rudolph in Lacosse. We let him go to the Patriots. So I'd say we don't need Rudolph.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    How is it wasted? Having good players on the team is never a waste. Fant will be of great help to Lock should they both pan out.

I don't think he will do so for every receiver, but players like a middling TE and a rookie are not going to see their game elevated by one of the league's worst QBs. That's just not how it works.

I don't know about top 10, I say we win 5-7 games. Our overall talent is improved, but with a new coaching staff usually growing pains follow. Things will be much better in 2020.
    "He's more likely to tank their career with his poor play."

When you wrote "their" I thought you meant all the recievers.
    My bad.

So, Flacco with Scangarello (and Munchak) will help second year Sutton improve but not Fant?

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Im not into cutting Butt
    Lol, I dont know why, this is just funny.