• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • broncos SB2010
    All-Time Great
    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    at his best he should be on a DOnald level. at around the level he has shown this year and the last few i would still have von rated higher. we can talk about this next season if he shows to form. and my tune may take. but right now the only pass rusher i'd take over miller is Donald. but that is my personal belief.

either way i don't see Donald, Watt, Miller or Mack not being first ballot HOFers.
    It would depend on what scheme you are running. For example, Donald probably wouldn't have the same success in the Broncos scheme as he does with the Rams.
    sigpic

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
      Football Immortal
      • May 2010

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
      It would depend on what scheme you are running. For example, Donald probably wouldn't have the same success in the Broncos scheme as he does with the Rams.
      that i would have disagree with at least last season sense we where running a Defense based around PHillips Scheme. and having other Pass rushers would help him alot. he is still kinda a solo act in la.
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• beastlyskronk
        Football Immortal
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
        ...and Von Miller went up against Mike Remmers and Marcus Cannon, 2 of the worst OT in the league that year, when they won the SB and he got SB MVP. I don't see many people mentioning that when they talk about Von.
        Good on Von for capitalizing on those matchups and winning the SB MVP. Von could rack up sacks against guys like Chad Wheeler (3), Denzelle Goode (2), Corey Robinson (2), Jordan Mills, Elijah Wilkinson, and Jonnu Smith as well.

Every great pass rusher is going to have chances to take advantage of bad olinemen at some point. That’s just the nature of the game. I don’t think you can definitively say that either player is better than the other based purely off their stats.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
          Football Immortal
          • May 2010

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
          Good on Von for capitalizing on those matchups and winning the SB MVP. Von could rack up sacks against guys like Chad Wheeler (3), Denzelle Goode (2), Corey Robinson (2), Jordan Mills, Elijah Wilkinson, and Jonnu Smith as well.

Every great pass rusher is going to have chances to take advantage of bad olinemen at some point. That’s just the nature of the game. I don’t think you can definitively say that either player is better than the other based purely off their stats.
          I think that's what he is going at every one goes against bottom tier talent through the season
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• BroncoBreeder
            Football Immortal
            • Nov 2005

Joe Klecko and Mark Gastineau 1981

Comment

• broncos SB2010
              All-Time Great
              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
              Joe Klecko and Mark Gastineau 1981
              The Sack Exchange was awesome! They are part of the reason the NFL started having sacks as a measured stat.
              Last edited by broncos SB2010; 05-17-2019, 05:16 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

• IAbronco24
                Practice Squad
                • Sep 2015

Taking the Orange glasses off, Von and Chubb have a lot to prove to be in this conversation. However that doesn’t mean I’m not stoked that they are on our team today, and may prove to be the best in the league over the next few years.

Comment

• mozzerpete
                  All-Pro
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                  I think that's what he is going at every one goes against bottom tier talent through the season
                  Like when Mack in his second year sacked Osweiler five times due to Schofield's turnstile-play in one half.
                  (I am surprised the Raiders still traded Mack after his performance that day.)

Or the Patriots continual AFC East dominance.

Comment

• rst08tierney
                    VISIONS OF CONFETTI
                    • Nov 2006

We really going to ignore the 85 bears, dent & Willson?

Comment

• broncos SB2010
                      All-Time Great
                      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                      We really going to ignore the 85 bears, dent & Willson?
                      and Steve McMichael. That guy was down right scary.
                      sigpic

Comment

• CheyennePress
                        Captain
                        • Nov 2013

I'm going with Derrick Thomas and Neil Smith with the Chiefs in the early 90s. That might get me pelted on these boards, but man, that D had some teeth.

Comment

• samparnell
                          Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                          • Nov 2007

Sacks weren't recorded as an official stat until 1982. Before that time, Deacon Jones and Merlin Olsen would be in the conversation for greatest sack duo. There was a twenty year period during which the Rams had one of the best D-Lines in pro football every year. Denver had a very good D-Line during the same time period.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Hadez
                            Football Immortal
                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by DwhitetheGamer View Post
                            I dunno where this belongs to so the safe bet will be here, but this is one of the boldest predictions I've ever seen. Can the seemingly impossible be possible in this new age of Football?

Interesting that 4 of the 5 duos are from 86 to 92. Some where in that time frame the rules were changed so that OTs could line up off the LOS.

When doing research on double/triple teams last year for some games I noticed the last few games of the year teams were putting more players against Chubb than Von. I am pretty sure Fangio will know how to exploit this. There is room for these two hitting this goal but the rules/enforcement of the times are against them. In addition the team really needs some inside pressure for this to happen.
                            What is Grit? - Angela Duckworth
                            effort x talent = skill
                            effort x skill = achievement
                            How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

• Hadez
                              Football Immortal
                              • Nov 2004

The Saints had a real dominant LB group of Rickey Jackson, Vaughan Johnson, Sam Mills, and Pat Swilling.

Swilling and Jackson had between them 12 double digit sack years; 6 years each. Jackson had 3 more years with 9+ sacks.

That team does not get much love because it was 80s-early 90s Saints that did not do much but those LBs were BEASTLY. Jackson and Swilling constantly terrorized Qbs
                              What is Grit? - Angela Duckworth
                              effort x talent = skill
                              effort x skill = achievement
                              How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

• dgobronco
                                Captain
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                                Interesting that 4 of the 5 duos are from 86 to 92. Some where in that time frame the rules were changed so that OTs could line up off the LOS.

When doing research on double/triple teams last year for some games I noticed the last few games of the year teams were putting more players against Chubb than Von. I am pretty sure Fangio will know how to exploit this. There is room for these two hitting this goal but the rules/enforcement of the times are against them. In addition the team really needs some inside pressure for this to happen.
                                Your last point is the key one. Inside pressure is needed for Von and Chubb to excel. It’s been missing, so teams can move more people to the edge or scheme to allow the edge rush upfield while sliding the pocket forward. That’s generally true for this thread. Great pash rushes come from more than 2 players.

Comment

Working...
                                X