Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Greatest Sack Duo in NFL History?

I dunno where this belongs to so the safe bet will be here, but this is one of the boldest predictions I've ever seen. Can the seemingly impossible be possible in this new age of Football?

Quote Originally Posted by DwhitetheGamer View Post
    I dunno where this belongs to so the safe bet will be here, but this is one of the boldest predictions I've ever seen. Can the seemingly impossible be possible in this new age of Football?

It will require a lot of things to happen.....good health, major support from the entire D, including quality backfield coverage, and also help on O, by forcing opponents to pass for yardage deep into games. Coaching should be a positive factor, given who we have now.

Overall I would surmise that, it's a huge endeavour, but I can see these two getting into the 30s combined, realistically. To get to 40 will involve a lot of good things to happen simultaneously. Could happen. Talented men!!
    Last edited by CanDB; 05-12-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    It will require a lot of things to happen.....good health, major support from the entire D, including quality backfield coverage, and also help on O, by forcing opponents to pass for yardage deep into games. Coaching should be a positive factor, given who we have now.

Overall I would surmise that, it's a huge endeavour, but I can see these two getting into the 30s combined, realistically. To get to 40 will involve a lot of good things to happen simultaneously. Could happen. Talented men!!
    Von Miller is top 3 pass rusher top 2 edge rusher. It's basically a 1 a or 1b between miller and nack depending what style you like. And Donald is just a beast but out side of that I don't think there any one on Miller's levels atm as a pass rusher.

Now you look at chubb and I still see a young tsizzle. Chubb has 12 sacks and still a ton of room to grow and improve. He has top 5 edge rusher written all over him. It is only a matter of time

I think what they need is an offense that forces other d to pass and some one who will prevent a qb from stepping up in the pocket to avoid sacks or even better a guy who is good at forcing QBs to role out then it will make it very likely.

Both these guys will finish 1 and 2 on the Broncos all time sack lists taking Miller is 1 and chubb is electric

I prefer old school Ray and Barrett.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Von Miller is top 3 pass rusher top 2 edge rusher. It's basically a 1 a or 1b between miller and nack depending what style you like. And Donald is just a beast but out side of that I don't think there any one on Miller's levels atm as a pass rusher.

Now you look at chubb and I still see a young tsizzle. Chubb has 12 sacks and still a ton of room to grow and improve. He has top 5 edge rusher written all over him. It is only a matter of time

I think what they need is an offense that forces other d to pass and some one who will prevent a qb from stepping up in the pocket to avoid sacks or even better a guy who is good at forcing QBs to role out then it will make it very likely.

Both these guys will finish 1 and 2 on the Broncos all time sack lists taking Miller is 1 and chubb is electric
    JJ Watt, Cam Jordan, Calais Campbell, Demarcus Lawrence?

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    JJ Watt, Cam Jordan, Calais Campbell, Demarcus Lawrence?
    I am still kinda not putting watt on the level he was before his injuries. Cam Jordan is good but I forget about him alot due to his team. Calais Campbell is kinda overrated for sure was miss cast for years. I wanna see Lawrence do it longer. Mack Miller and Donald has been in the discussion for dmvp and has the awards over those guys minus jj watt. Plus ots fear mack and Miller more then either of those edge rushers.

I am still kinda not putting watt on the level he was before his injuries. Cam Jordan is good but I forget about him alot due to his team. Calais Campbell is kinda overrated for sure was miss cast for years. I wanna see Lawrence do it longer. Mack Miller and Donald has been in the discussion for dmvp and has the awards over those guys minus jj watt. Plus ots fear mack and Miller more then either of those edge rushers.
    so 16 sacks and 2nd in the league isn't good enough?

Personally I hate the hype train on stat projections. I feel like itís unneeded pressure. However the players arenít predicting it. Nothing wrong with fans/media predicting it.

Iíd be happy if the two combined for the 25-30 sack range and we can get some help from other players as well. The main goal is to be around the 50+ range as a team. That generally puts you at the top of the league which puts our d back as a contending D. Which hopefully means the offense just has to be middling or slightly above average with less turnovers than the past 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Personally I hate the hype train on stat projections. I feel like it’s unneeded pressure. However the players aren’t predicting it. Nothing wrong with fans/media predicting it.

I’d be happy if the two combined for the 25-30 sack range and we can get some help from other players as well. The main goal is to be around the 50+ range as a team. That generally puts you at the top of the league which puts our d back as a contending D. Which hopefully means the offense just has to be middling or slightly above average with less turnovers than the past 4 years.
    Agreed.

probably didn't pay enough attention. he didn't feel as dominate as he was pre-injury in the games i saw.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

A lot of his sacks came against backup caliber linemen though. Good on him for capitalizing but it never felt like he was back to his old self IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    A lot of his sacks came against backup caliber linemen though. Good on him for capitalizing but it never felt like he was back to his old self IMO.
    ...and Von Miller went up against Mike Remmers and Marcus Cannon, 2 of the worst OT in the league that year, when they won the SB and he got SB MVP. I don't see many people mentioning that when they talk about Von.

...and Von Miller went up against Mike Remmers and Marcus Cannon, 2 of the worst OT in the league that year, when they won the SB and he got SB MVP. I don't see many people mentioning that when they talk about Von.
    Every one faces different lines and ect. Like I said from the Texans games I saw watt didn't seem to be as dominant as he was before the injury. But he was lights out during that period

Every one faces different lines and ect. Like I said from the Texans games I saw watt didn't seem to be as dominant as he was before the injury. But he was lights out during that period
    My only point to that post is that if you (not you in particular) are going to use the argument that Watt went up against poor competition then you better use it for Von as well.

Before his injuries, JJ Watt was the best pass rusher of the past decade. Even at a little less than his best he is still at, or above, Von's ability.

My only point to that post is that if you (not you in particular) are going to use the argument that Watt went up against poor competition then you better use it for Von as well.

Before his injuries, JJ Watt was the best pass rusher of the past decade. Even at a little less than his best he is still at, or above, Von's ability.
    at his best he should be on a DOnald level. at around the level he has shown this year and the last few i would still have von rated higher. we can talk about this next season if he shows to form. and my tune may take. but right now the only pass rusher i'd take over miller is Donald. but that is my personal belief.

either way i don't see Donald, Watt, Miller or Mack not being first ballot HOFers.
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 05-14-2019 at 01:10 PM.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait