Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 246
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    So, this is an 8 page thread where all but maybe 1 of us agrees that his comments weren't a big deal?
    They weren't a big deal. Media needs a story and blew something small into something large. If Drew Lock wants to be successful it will be on Drew Lock to make that happen.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    654
    https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mi...ock-situation/

    Unbelievable......better yet....totally believable getting a story like this published

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,394
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    There were far more question marks to Keenum. He was a journeyman who had one good season. Flacco has been a middle-tier QB in this league his whole career. I think people were psyched about Keenum because we just came off a season of the most incompetent QB I've seen as a fan with the combo of Siemian, Paxton and Brock.

    No one here is saying that Flacco is incredible. He is an average QB. Certainly not one of the worst in the league.

    Also, give me a QB who can win big games and execute with the game on the line. Would much rather have that than some stat filler who can throw for 300+ yards/game.
    I donít disagree that a year ago before the signing if you gave me the choice Iíd choose Flacco. All Iím saying is these boards have a tendency to jump full swing on board the QB train once they are signed until they let us all down.

    The big game winning Flacco you are referring to hasnít done that in half a decade. I would love to be wrong. I just donít expect to be.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    598
    Broncos need to look at trading Flacco. We need a leader and a team player at QB.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,468
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mi...ock-situation/

    Unbelievable......better yet....totally believable getting a story like this published
    The comments on this article are great!!!

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    8,626
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mi...ock-situation/

    Unbelievable......better yet....totally believable getting a story like this published
    I wouldn't link any articles that are a waste of time. More people reading that and clicking on it means more articles like it in the future

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    44
    For those who havenít kept a closer eye on the Ravens (Ravens Fan here), Flacco has stepped up in big games over the years. In 2016, the division and season was on the line at Heinz Field. Flacco played one of his best games of the year and gave the defense the lead with about a minute and a half left. The defense blew the lead thanks to Antonio Brown out-leveraging THREE defenders to extend the ball across the goalline.

    In 2017, again, the division was on the line late in the season at Heinz Field. Flacco led the offense to 35+ points and again, gave the defense the lead with about a minute and a half left. And again, the defense blew the lead.

    Also in 2017, the playoffs were still possible against the Bengals. Now, Flacco did struggle earlier in that game, but stepped up in the fourth and, once again, gave the defense the lead with about a minute and a half left. The defense let Andy Dalton convert a fourth and long to Tyler Boyd and the rest is history.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,072
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    For those who havenít kept a closer eye on the Ravens (Ravens Fan here), Flacco has stepped up in big games over the years. In 2016, the division and season was on the line at Heinz Field. Flacco played one of his best games of the year and gave the defense the lead with about a minute and a half left. The defense blew the lead thanks to Antonio Brown out-leveraging THREE defenders to extend the ball across the goalline.

    In 2017, again, the division was on the line late in the season at Heinz Field. Flacco led the offense to 35+ points and again, gave the defense the lead with about a minute and a half left. And again, the defense blew the lead.

    Also in 2017, the playoffs were still possible against the Bengals. Now, Flacco did struggle earlier in that game, but stepped up in the fourth and, once again, gave the defense the lead with about a minute and a half left. The defense let Andy Dalton convert a fourth and long to Tyler Boyd and the rest is history.
    Hey I watched those games in February. All i remember from the 2nd 2017 Steelers game is Flacco missing pass after pass to a tune of 57% completion, him floating a ball into triple coverage right into Sean Davis's chest and nearly losing another turnover. He was not good that game.

    Cinci late that year was also especially bad. Why did you try to use two of his least accurate outings to try and support him? The only reason he had a chance to 'almost' play hero is because he was a big reason why they were struggling. He completed 53% of his passes with a heinous 4.3 YPA.

    2016 Pitt wasn't one of his worst games, but 1 TD, 1 pick, and a 5.9 YPA is hardly "stepping up" by anyone's standards.

    You say he stepped up in big games because he had small flashes of decent play in those games, even though the full sample size of each game could be considered poor QB play and the Ravens lost each of those games.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,072
    Flacco is right in line with Keenum on the lowest tier of starting QBs. Thats just what it is. I understand people are hesitant to accept that, they want to be excited for the season. Rightfully so, there is much to look forward to, but even average QB is unlikely to be seen from Flacco.

    Much like Ryan Fitzpatrick, who's last 11 years look almost identical, Flacco is on a list of "barely starting" NFL QBs. Their time is running short, their talent is lackluster compared to their peers, and their teams are actively looking ahead to their next QB. They are just a tier below the Eli Mannings, Andy Daltons, and Jameis Winstons of the world, whom teams would ideally like to improve upon but can still take solace in getting largely average QB play from them on sundays.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Flacco is right in line with Keenum on the lowest tier of starting QBs. Thats just what it is. I understand people are hesitant to accept that, they want to be excited for the season. Rightfully so, there is much to look forward to, but even average QB is unlikely to be seen from Flacco.

    Much like Ryan Fitzpatrick, who's last 11 years look almost identical, Flacco is on a list of "barely starting" NFL QBs. Their time is running short, their talent is lackluster compared to their peers, and their teams are actively looking ahead to their next QB. They are just a tier below the Eli Mannings, Andy Daltons, and Jameis Winstons of the world, whom teams would ideally like to improve upon but can still take solace in getting largely average QB play from them on sundays.
    I can get behind your joe Flacco is average to ďslightly below averageĒ comments for the most part. Itís when you compare a guy with the most road playoff wins & a super bowl championship to Ryan Fitzpatrick and even stranger.. putting Andy Dalton/Jameis Winston in a higher tier than Flacco where you could lose credibility. I think you may be exaggerating a bit to prove your point which is fine. Also, Iím sure you have ďstatsĒ to support your claim. Sometimes common sense looks beyond stats that will show you Flacco is no worse today, and probably a bit better than most if not all the QBs you have compared him to/said heís worse than. And that common sense is that Flacco has a history of winning big games, regular season and playoffs, the others (besides Eli Manning 6+ years ago) donít
    Last edited by IAbronco24; 05-17-2019 at 05:45 PM.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    174
    In fact i donít believe any other QB youíve mentioned (other than Eli and Case) have won a playoff game and only Eli has won a road playoff game. Several havenít even played in a playoff game

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Hey I watched those games in February. All i remember from the 2nd 2017 Steelers game is Flacco missing pass after pass to a tune of 57% completion, him floating a ball into triple coverage right into Sean Davis's chest and nearly losing another turnover. He was not good that game.

    Cinci late that year was also especially bad. Why did you try to use two of his least accurate outings to try and support him? The only reason he had a chance to 'almost' play hero is because he was a big reason why they were struggling. He completed 53% of his passes with a heinous 4.3 YPA.

    2016 Pitt wasn't one of his worst games, but 1 TD, 1 pick, and a 5.9 YPA is hardly "stepping up" by anyone's standards.

    You say he stepped up in big games because he had small flashes of decent play in those games, even though the full sample size of each game could be considered poor QB play and the Ravens lost each of those games.
    I'll take a Ravens fan opinion over someone who probably didn't play close attention to any of these games and thinks success is measured by how high his completion % is.

  13. #133
    broncolee is offline
    Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,074
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mi...ock-situation/

    Unbelievable......better yet....totally believable getting a story like this published
    I guess some in the media couldnít be bothered to read the story where Lock says Flacco has been great to him.

    Flacco is answering questions for Lock and isnít shunning him in any way.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,394
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I'll take a Ravens fan opinion over someone who probably didn't play close attention to any of these games and thinks success is measured by how high his completion % is.
    Yeah cuz ravens fans are never bias and neither are broncos fans.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    4,089
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mi...ock-situation/

    Unbelievable......better yet....totally believable getting a story like this published
    Just a bunch of "Draft Guru" Lock fanboys who are still smarting because the Broncos not only didn't take Lock with Pick #10 as many of them predicted, they waited to Pick #42 in the 2nd Round. So, just a little CYA for those people who are now realizing that NO NFL teams had Lock as a 1st Round Talent. And probably for a good reason. Now, if Lock fails, they can try and blame it on the Coaching Staff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •