Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Flacco isnít going to throw fifty touchdowns, but with equal talent, thereís definitely a gap between Keenum and Flacco. Courtland Sutton has a lot of growing to do and is only in his second seasons coming up, but heíll already be the best WR Flaccoís thrown to since 2014í Smith Sr. Smith Sr. tore his Achilles in 2015 and wasnít fully recovered from it in 2016, retiring after that season.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Yeah cuz ravens fans are never bias and neither are broncos fans.
    Yeah, look at all the people singing the praises of Keenum and Siemian here after they left...

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I would love if Flacco magically changed his stripes and became more than a below average QB. Just like I would like if Leary became a pro bowl guard, but neither are likely.
    Not buying that for one second, not with the way you continue to bash him over & over & over, i mean just look at how you worded that statement...you try to discredit everything anybody says that is even a small positive.

You were asked by another poster to say something good about flacco but you ignored it & i would guess it's because you can't even bring yourself to say anything decent about the guy...just nothing but hateful comments.

this is without question the most negative bias toward a player i have ever witnessed on these boards

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Not buying that for one second, not with the way you continue to bash him over & over & over, i mean just look at how you worded that statement...you try to discredit everything anybody says that is even a small positive.

You were asked by another poster to say something good about flacco but you ignored it & i would guess it's because you can't even bring yourself to say anything decent about the guy...just nothing but hateful comments.

this is without question the most negative bias toward a player i have ever witnessed on these boards
    No itís not. Tebow was our qb for a year.

Why should we find something positive to say about Flacco? There hasnít been much positive from him in half a decade. Iíll say it. I hate Flacco. Always have.

I sincerely hope for the Broncos sake yíall are right. But you arenít shaming me for saying i hate the guy. Strongly at that.

And I hate with a passion that we have to put our hopes in the guy right now.

Iím not going to put on insane Orange koolaid glasses just because we traded for the guy and pretend he is something he is not.

All my non neutral fans mocked me for the trade almost as bad as when we signed butt fumble. Just because Iím a Broncos fan doesnít mean Iím suddenly naive about the guy. Sure I hope the guy pulls it off. But youíre not convincing me to buy in until he backs it up on the field.
    Last edited by DenverBlood; 05-18-2019 at 10:23 AM.

No itís not. Tebow was our qb for a year.

Why should we find something positive to say about Flacco? There hasnít been much positive from him in half a decade. Iíll say it. I hate Flacco. Always have.

I sincerely hope for the Broncos sake yíall are right. But you arenít shaming me for saying i hate the guy. Strongly at that.

Iím not going to put on insane Orange koolaid glasses just because we traded for the guy and pretend he is something he is not.

All my non neutral fans mocked me for the trade almost as bad as when we signed butt fumble. Just because Iím a Broncos fan doesnít mean Iím suddenly naive about the guy. Sure I hope the guy pulls it off. But youíre not convincing me to buy in until he backs it up on the field.
    First off i wasn't directing my comments at you now was i?

Second...hate is such a strong word, can't imagine why on earth anybody would have hate towards joe flacco

but hey whatever...stay salty forever

Second...hate is such a strong word, can't imagine why on earth anybody would have hate towards joe flacco

It appears the disdain for Flacco is preventing some from being objective/reasonable.

Hate is a pit stop to murder; I doubt DenverBlood meant it that way.
    (Perhaps it's a maturity thing on his part? Sadly, we've all been there.)

IMO, The Excellector (Ravens fan) has more credibility than most on here when it pertains to Flacco.
    For those who disagree: Does Baph have more credibility than you just because he's watched some Broncos games?

Arguing about what may or may not happen in the future is pointless since it is inherently subjunctive.
    Denver's 2019 offense is new: new OC; new O-Line; new O-Line coaches; new QBs; new TE. How about waiting at least until the HOF game before everyone hits the panic button before going for each other's throats?
    Football players can get better, worse or stay the same. We won't know which until the pads and hats go on and they start hitting guys from another team.

No it’s not. Tebow was our qb for a year.

Why should we find something positive to say about Flacco? There hasn’t been much positive from him in half a decade. I’ll say it. I hate Flacco. Always have.

I sincerely hope for the Broncos sake y’all are right. But you aren’t shaming me for saying i hate the guy. Strongly at that.

I’m not going to put on insane Orange koolaid glasses just because we traded for the guy and pretend he is something he is not.

All my non neutral fans mocked me for the trade almost as bad as when we signed butt fumble. Just because I’m a Broncos fan doesn’t mean I’m suddenly naive about the guy. Sure I hope the guy pulls it off. But you’re not convincing me to buy in until he backs it up on the field.
    That's actually pretty sad. Steve Tensi and Pete Liske were the Broncos QBs when I got here, and as bad as they were, I didn't "hate" them. I would have preferred Foles over Flacco, mainly because of age. Flacco was the best choice from the Front Office's perspective, and for some of the "Flacco-haters" it's pretty clear that it's gotten very personal.

And as much as I hated the idea of Lock at #10, I'm pretty excited about where we got him and what he will look like in pre-season

No I know you weren’t commenting to me. But for the most part I agree with Papa Pawn on Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    It appears the disdain for Flacco is preventing some from being objective/reasonable.

Hate is a pit stop to murder; I doubt DenverBlood meant it that way.
    (Perhaps it's a maturity thing on his part? Sadly, we've all been there.)

IMO, The Excellector (Ravens fan) has more credibility than most on here when it pertains to Flacco.
    For those who disagree: Does Baph have more credibility than you just because he's watched some Broncos games?
    To both of you I don’t mean I hate the person. I’ve never met the person. I just mean I hate the player. Similar to most people hate Tom Brady. Except he is actually a winner. Don’t take it so seriously when someone says they hate an athlete. It’s not intended to be personal or about their personality. It’s just referencing how much I dislike the player.

And a pit stop to murder??? Are you serious? Were talking about a football player on a football message board. Why make it so morbid? Good grief.

Talk about being immature. I’m not a younger poster if that’s what you are implying.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    That's actually pretty sad. Steve Tensi and Pete Liske were the Broncos QBs when I got here, and as bad as they were, I didn't "hate" them. I would have preferred Foles over Flacco, mainly because of age. Flacco was the best choice from the Front Office's perspective, and for some of the "Flacco-haters" it's pretty clear that it's gotten very personal.

And as much as I hated the idea of Lock at #10, I'm pretty excited about where we got him and what he will look like in pre-season
    See reference above. I don’t hate the person. Just the qb on the field.

Y’all can play in denial all you want about Flacco. And I’ll eat crow times 1000 if he proves me wrong and you guys right. I really hope he does. I’m just not buying into the excuses for the 34th rated qb in the NfL that went from a 10-6 playoff team to a 6-10 team that hasn’t sniffed playoffs since 2015. I try to be bias towards the Broncos. But these days I’m more wait and see not predict it.

Iím glad Flacco is focused on playing quarterback, learning the offense, building chemistry with his receivers, and bonding with his oline, and letting the coaches mentor and coach Drew Lock and Rypien

I said Flacco will be a one time Super Bowl winning QB when we got him and I still think he will. Unless we develop a defense that can carry a bad QB to a Ring.

With that said I am a Bronco fan and one of my biggest hopes is that Flacco turns into a better qb than I think he is this year because of the players and coaches around him.

As for what Flacco said..I have seen nothing wrong with what he has said. His job is to win football games.
    Vic Fangio "Von Miller can play better than he has ever played in his career"
    Preventing Death by Inches

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    When I read your post, it kinda made me a angry at Flacco, but........ Your post doesn't show the whole thing. Now seeing the video and looking up the report, I kinda agree with him.

Flacco response to questions:

"I got so many things to worry about," Flacco told reporters. "I'm trying to go out there and play good football. I'm trying to go out there and play the best football of my life. As far as a time constraint and all stuff, I'm not worried about developing guys or any of that. That is what it is, and like I said, I hope he does develop. But I don't look at that as my job. My job is to go win football games for this football team."

Flacco emphasized that Lock would learn best from offensive coordinator Rich Scangarello, who spent the past two seasons as a quarterbacks coach with the San Francisco 49ers.

"I'm not a selfish person, I don't think," Flacco said. "There are times where you have to be selfish. But listen, Rich does such a good job in those meeting rooms.

"Drew is going to learn from listening to him talk, and then all of us getting reps on the field and seeing how we all do it as a collective group and as a quarterback. Listen, I hope he does learn from me because that means we're out there and we're slinging it around and having a lot of fun because he's going to learn by watching us do it and watching us do it well. That's how he's going to learn the timing and all those things is to be able to see it on film and hear Rich talk about it with me and digest as much as possible."
    Yeah...that story was clickbait. Kind of irritates me actually.

Flacco clearly wants Drew to develop, he's just trying to educate people on how it really works in the QB room and in practice.

Reporter conveniently leaves out all of the stuff that makes it sound rational when composing the headline.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Iím glad Flacco is focused on playing quarterback, learning the offense, building chemistry with his receivers, and bonding with his oline, and letting the coaches mentor and coach Drew Lock and Rypien
    His response pretty much indicated that the transition to a new offense was already going to command almost all his attention. He was being honest, which I appreciate more than a canned response that isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    There were far more question marks to Keenum. He was a journeyman who had one good season. Flacco has been a middle-tier QB in this league his whole career. I think people were psyched about Keenum because we just came off a season of the most incompetent QB I've seen as a fan with the combo of Siemian, Paxton and Brock.

No one here is saying that Flacco is incredible. He is an average QB. Certainly not one of the worst in the league.

Also, give me a QB who can win big games and execute with the game on the line. Would much rather have that than some stat filler who can throw for 300+ yards/game.
    In the time Flacco has been in the NFL only four QBs have represented AFC in the SB. Those are:

Tom Brady
    Peyton Manning
    Ben Rothlisberger
    Joe Flacco

The super stars like Patrick Mahomes, Philip Rivers, Andrew Luck.... have not been able to get to the big games.
    In the greater picture Elway had mediocre results for half a decade before he got to wash away the SB chocker image.

What Joe Flacco has or hasn't done in the past has little bearing on the 2019 season. All that matters, as far as he is concerned, is absorbing Rich Scangarello's offense, being a leader in the classroom, on the practice field, off the field, and executing the game plan on game day.

Elway hired Mike Munchak and other assistants to help Rich Scangarello install the offense and coach the players to contribute their part to it. There seem to be adequate skill position players, most of whom are young, to produce an effective rushing and passing attack. The starting O-Line should be improved from previous seasons, although there is cause for concern about depth in that unit.

When Joe Flacco is in the huddle, when he is at LOS pre-snap looking at the defensive alignment and indicated coverage, and when he is executing the play after taking the snap, will he be an improvement over Trevor Siemian, Brock Osweiler, Paxton Lynch and Case Keenum? IDK, but I'll be watching to see what happens because that's the only way to find out. One needs to see something and ask him/herself what it was they saw.

Denver's 2019 offense is completely new: new OC; new QBs; new O-Line; new O-Line coaches; new TE & QB coaches; new TEs. Along with Denver's new D, I'm really looking forward to see what the coaches can put on the field with no preconceived notions about it.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus