Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbrendal View Post
    I'm sorry the "talkin smak" section......
    I second this.....

And for the record the ProFootballTalk article used by Rotoworld to say Flacco Refuses to Mentor Lock ... written by Josh Alper. New York, New York. Someone is sad that NY drafted Daniel Jones. End of story. Feels the Broncos played his Giants no doubt.

Heard his comments on the neutral zone podcast before, much ado about nothing in my opinion. He's been brought in as the starting QB for this team, that's his job now. Plus there's a difference between developing a player and mentoring them, Flacco is a player not a coach.

Can somebody honestly tell me who Flaccoís best offensive weapon has been since 2013? Just off the top of my head itís a 35+ year old Steve Smith? But that canít be right can it?

Quote Originally Posted by IAbronco24 View Post
    Can somebody honestly tell me who Flaccoís best offensive weapon has been since 2013? Just off the top of my head itís a 35+ year old Steve Smith? But that canít be right can it?
    Mike Wallace, Jeremy Maclin, and Torrey Smith off of the top of my head. They also invested 7 picks in the first four rounds(5 in the first three rounds) since then on pass catchers.

Flacco just is a bad QB so he makes recievers look worse than they are. If the Ravens had average to above average QB play they would have been much more competitive.

The Raven's WRs have dropped less passes and ran for more yards after the catch than Denver the last three years. So, whether or not people perceive them as a bad group, they've performed better individually than Denver's pass catchers.

Flacco has one of the worst deep balls in the league as of late, with his ability to throw a ball accurately over 15 yards being among the worst in the league. He is solid at the mid game and okay in the short- he just has very questionable decision making there at times- checking down to the RB on 4th and 15, throwing it at the feet of the RB on 4th and 2, ect. All of this really hampers his pass catchers, he doesn't really give them a great chance to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbrendal View Post
    This thread should be moved to the "trash talk" section.................
    Why? Everyone is civil and there is no "smack" being talked. Heck, I'd love to be wrong about Flacco, but it's just really unlikely. I'm sorry that the fact that Flacco is a bottom 10 QB offends you, but there are other options to avoid hearing it besides moving a thread to an inappropriate destination. You can metaphorically plug your ears by muting me, or you can avoid Flacco threads. For in Flacco threads you will find facts and opinions about Flacco, and in this point of the offseason there is little discussion or disagreements peope are engaging in. I know others share my opinion, but aren't as vocal. Someone has to be to keep things interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Mike Wallace, Jeremy Maclin, and Torrey Smith off of the top of my head. They also invested 7 picks in the first four rounds(5 in the first three rounds) since then on pass catchers.
    This is what you consider a good supporting cast?

1.) An old Mike Wallace that has never been the same since leaving the Steelers

2.) Jeremy Maclin, who was okay with the Chiefs before he fell off a cliff

3.) I would argue Flacco made T Smith way better than he actually was, even still, T Smith was never considered a dynamic receiver

4.) Sure they invested picks in the draft but can you list any of them who are still in the NFL? Perhaps they were just bad picks

His best WR was Steve Smith by a mile and Flacco had him in the twilight of his career. I would probably put Boldin there as well but Flacco also had him at the end of his career. See a pattern here?

I look at our QB situation as a win, win!
    If Flacco does well That's Great, if he doesn't, we got other options.
    I think Flacco will be an upgrade from what we have had. I think he will be able to move the ball and score some points.
    Last edited by Capt. Jack; 05-16-2019 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Just a small sample size but more than enough to see the pattern of how you feel about flacco, but i'm curious as to what you base this narrative of how bad he sucks off of? i don't see you providing any stats to back this claim up, so why don't i provide some for you...
    Dude I have provided a ridiculous amount of stats and analysis both here and elsewhere. I repost them from time to time, but I guess I figured most people have been reading. Perhaps not. They'll return.

I base my narrative off of his play over the last 11 years, with a slight increase in importance on the last 4 years.

Last season in 9 games before his injury he had 12 td - 6 int - 2465 yds - 379 attempts...those numbers would equal out over 16 games to be 21 td - 11 int - 4382 yds - 673 attemps, which averages to 42 per game & 273yds per game.

now what is most impressive about those numbers is the fact that would have been the 2nd most attempted passes in the league (ben had 675) & what that equals is a 1.6% int rate which was good for 6th in the nfl behind only rodgers, brees, ryan, smith & prescott.
    Oh boy. 21 TDs. A 5 way tie for 17th most in the league, with the 2nd most attempts in the league putting his TD% at 29th. And then there others you left out like how he would be 31st in YPA. And the whole 28th completion % too. 28th in passer rating as well! So sure, he didn't throw interceptions at a crazy rate, but that is skewed. He started out the first 4 weeks with 2 ints. He had 4 in his final 5 as well as 3 fumbles. It is more reasonable to suggest that he could continue that trend, which is a big reason why he didn't get his job back from Lamar when he got healthy!

Furthermore, his 6 interceptions after week 9 were the 6th most in the league amongst QBs who had played 9 games.

this isn't speculation, those are cold hard facts...flacco doesn't turn the ball over like has been a problem in denver for 4 years running. flacco has 12 or fewer intercepitons in 8 of 11 seasons - last 4 years broncos qb's have 76 td - 71 int...flacco over the past 5 years has 91 td - 58 int but yet somehow that is below average or bottom of the league?
    Flacco is not a massive turnover problem, sure, but that does not make him even an average QB. Even then, in 2015 his INT% was 6th highest in the league. In 2016 and 2017, the two years out of the last 4 that he played 16 games in, his INT% was 13th and 6th most among QBs who had played 14+ games.

Why would you use 5 years for Flacco but not Denver's QBs? If you wanted to be biased and stretch to include Flacco's career year, you should have included our 2014 passing as well. Rather, let's just keep 2014 out of it. 64 TDs to 46 INTs. 51 games.

in 2016 whith siemian & lynch of 2 games it was 20 td - 11 int & what was our record? 9-7 just outside the playoffs. flaco can easily replicate that kind of season...turnovers have killed us recently but flacco won't be a turn over machine, he won't cost you the game.
    Sure, he can replicate a poor combined effort from a bust and a 7th round back up QB. That's not exactly high praise. His talent level is close to Siemien, so I would expect them to perform similarly.

i also see you say he barley had one good season his whole career? what? really?

2010 - 25 td - 10 int
    2012 - 22 td - 10 int
    2014 - 27 td - 14 int

these 3 seasons alone equal 74 td - 34 int...if that ain't good then damn i don't know what is.
    Context. Yes, barely one good season. 2010 he performed right around 10th-15th in the league in most metrics. Barely good, still flirting with average.

2012 was absolutely not good. He got lucky and hot in the postseason, but he was completing less than 60% of his passes that year with the 17th most TDs. He was largely average that season.

In 2014 he was again largely average. I'll give him credit for his 13th most TDs at 27, but he was again bottom 10 in completion %. He was 16th in both passer rating and YPA. Average at best.

So my point still stands. Also, is it not worrying to you that you have to go back in time a half decade to find any season of his remotely average? 5 years ago. That's before he suffered a torn ACL, a torn MCL, a concussion, a herniated disc, a seperated throwing shoulder, and an inguinal hip tear that he opted out of surgically repairing last year against doctors' advices.

He is not the 25-28 year old QB that put up 3 average years in 2010-2014. He is a 34 year old QB, coming off of 4 bad years and 6 serious injuries. It is more reasonable to expect his body to continue to wear down and his already eroded talents to continue to deteriorate. Couple that with learning a new system, new timing with new teammates, and a new climate to play in? Yikes.

So really, all things considered, I would say the odds are very good that we see Flacco's worst season yet. Thankfully Elway snagged a contingency plan in the 2nd right? Or at the very least, someone to be excited for when Flacco's poor play takes us out of the playoffs.

nobody is claiming flacco to light it up with 40-50 td, he is no brady, brees, rodgers etc. etc. but my god dude he is not a bottom of the league qb either, but hey if you got something to refute any of the numbers i posted then have at it.
    No they are not, but they are claiming he is 'good' and represents a significant upgrade over Keenum. The upgrade is negligible and unlikely to mean anything;Keenum and Flacco are both bottom tier starting QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    This is what you consider a good supporting cast?

1.) An old Mike Wallace that has never been the same since leaving the Steelers

2.) Jeremy Maclin, who was okay with the Chiefs before he fell off a cliff

3.) I would argue Flacco made T Smith way better than he actually was, even still, T Smith was never considered a dynamic receiver

4.) Sure they invested picks in the draft but can you list any of them who are still in the NFL? Perhaps they were just bad picks

His best WR was Steve Smith by a mile and Flacco had him in the twilight of his career. I would probably put Boldin there as well but Flacco also had him at the end of his career. See a pattern here?
    Not good, but good enough. The public opinion concerning them would be much better if they had a decent QB. See: Bronco's fans in Spetember, blaming DT, Sanders, Sutton, ect for Keenum's failures.

Yes, they were bad picks. They didn't pan out, but there can be multiple factors that contribute to a reciever busting. Among those is QB play, and knowing what we know about how bad Flacco has been it is reasonable to believe he impaired their development.

I understand Flacco has never had an all-pro grouping of pass catchers, but that's just as much his fault as anyone else. QB play directly influences reciever production, and it us hard to blame his receivers when Flacco is dirting 5 yard outs or bouncing go routes off of the safeties chest.

Like I said, the Ravens have been better than Denver lately at catching the ball and making things happen after the ball gets to them. So if Baltimore's group wasn't good enough for him to not look like a bad QB, what is he going to look like when he suffers more drops and less YAC in Denver?

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I look at our QB situation as a win, win!
    If Flacco does well That's Great, if he doesn't, we got other options.
    I feel the same way!

2019 was always meant to be a growing year. The offense and defense will settle into their roles in their new schemes and we will head into next offseason with near $80m in cap space. If Flacco somehow plays well, he will likely still get injured at some point, but we should be able to flip him for a late rounder. Otherwise he is cut and his $20m cap number becomes cap space

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I feel the same way!

2019 was always meant to be a growing year. The offense and defense will settle into their roles in their new schemes and we will head into next offseason with near $80m in cap space. If Flacco somehow plays well, he will likely still get injured at some point, but we should be able to flip him for a late rounder. Otherwise he is cut and his $20m cap number becomes cap space
    I think this is how most of us feel. No one here is claiming he is a long term answer. It's the perfect situation because he has no dead cap next year. If he plays well, we can keep him and groom Lock for another year. If he doesn't, we can move on very easily.

Obviously you think he is a bottom-tier QB. Some of us think otherwise. I just think you come off as incredibly biased against him when you put him on par with Keenum. He is better than Keenum. He has proven that throughout his career.

I want to be optimistic about the current situation. Do I think Flacco is an elite QB? Not at all. Do I think he has a chance to succeed in a system that he has played well in with a solid, young supporting cast? Absolutely.

I admit that Flacco is mostly average, who has shown ability to play well enough to win big games, specifically road playoff games. I think there is no question he will have the most talent around him heís ever had.. at least in a long time. Combined with a defensive coach that could take our defense to top 5ish in the league. That alone is enough for me to be optimistic. Maybe thatís not enough for some people.. no worries.

Broncos QB Lock: Flacco has 'been great to me'

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...lacco-great-me

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I think this is how most of us feel. No one here is claiming he is a long term answer. It's the perfect situation because he has no dead cap next year. If he plays well, we can keep him and groom Lock for another year. If he doesn't, we can move on very easily.

Obviously you think he is a bottom-tier QB. Some of us think otherwise. I just think you come off as incredibly biased against him when you put him on par with Keenum. He is better than Keenum. He has proven that throughout his career.

I want to be optimistic about the current situation. Do I think Flacco is an elite QB? Not at all. Do I think he has a chance to succeed in a system that he has played well in with a solid, young supporting cast? Absolutely.
    Hereís my thing though. I feel like before he donned a Broncos jersey the majority of us wouldíve agreed Flacco has sucked for several years and his better days are behind him. And now some think that putting on a Broncos jersey suddenly changes that.

I personally donít think it does. And as much as i want to share the optimism about the talent we can put around him I think most neutral fans that arenít broncos bias would argue we really arenít putting that much better talent around him than he has had in Baltimore. I want to believe we are but itís kind of unproven.