How do you feel about Flacco's Comments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gsam
    Playmaker
    • Nov 2006

How do you feel about Flacco's Comments?

*****Speaking Monday, Joe Flacco said he had no interest in mentoring second-round QB Drew Lock.
    "I got so many things to worry about," Flacco said, embarking on his second-straight season of poor leadership ahead of a rookie quarterback. "I’m not worried about developing guys or any of that. That is what it is. I hope he does develop. I don’t look at that as my job. My job is to go win football games for this football team." As was the case with Lamar Jackson, Flacco figures to be replaced by Lock at some point in 2019.****

As a fan of my team, this kind of makes me angry. He seems to be like's hes completely insulted that we drafted an heir apparent. I think his attitude is garbage based upon these comments. His job is to help the team win... and if that means helping a young up and coming QB then thats what hes being paid to do.

This is further reinforcing my opinion that bringing in flacco was a mistake.
  • MHS
    I am The Dude
    • Jun 2006

It does bother me too somewhat. It annoyed me when Favre said the same about Rodger.

I get that this is probably Flacco's last chance to be a starting QB but I always think responses like his are the wrong way to answer.

Also in general teammates should help teammates. Its like me not helping the new person in my department because they could outperform me and a job I want. Frankly they deserve the job or the promotion if they are better than me.
    sigpic
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
      team preacher
      • Mar 2008

I don’t know, it kind of fits his personality. Joe comes across as an easy going guy. I would suspect as long as he’s not going out of his way to be an ass everything should be fine.
      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• MHS
        I am The Dude
        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
        I don’t know, it kind of fits his personality. Joe comes across as an easy going guy. I would suspect as long as he’s not going out of his way to be an ass everything should be fine.
        So he is not big ben ... who has no motivation until steelers draft a 3rd or 4th round QB and then all of a sudden he is committed to his team haha
        sigpic
        "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

• Stackhouser
          All-Pro
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Gsam View Post
          *****Speaking Monday, Joe Flacco said he had no interest in mentoring second-round QB Drew Lock.
          "I got so many things to worry about," Flacco said, embarking on his second-straight season of poor leadership ahead of a rookie quarterback. "I’m not worried about developing guys or any of that. That is what it is. I hope he does develop. I don’t look at that as my job. My job is to go win football games for this football team." As was the case with Lamar Jackson, Flacco figures to be replaced by Lock at some point in 2019.****

As a fan of my team, this kind of makes me angry. He seems to be like's hes completely insulted that we drafted an heir apparent. I think his attitude is garbage based upon these comments. His job is to help the team win... and if that means helping a young up and coming QB then thats what hes being paid to do.

This is further reinforcing my opinion that bringing in flacco was a mistake.
          When I read your post, it kinda made me a angry at Flacco, but........ Your post doesn't show the whole thing. Now seeing the video and looking up the report, I kinda agree with him.

Flacco response to questions:

"I got so many things to worry about," Flacco told reporters. "I'm trying to go out there and play good football. I'm trying to go out there and play the best football of my life. As far as a time constraint and all stuff, I'm not worried about developing guys or any of that. That is what it is, and like I said, I hope he does develop. But I don't look at that as my job. My job is to go win football games for this football team."

Flacco emphasized that Lock would learn best from offensive coordinator Rich Scangarello, who spent the past two seasons as a quarterbacks coach with the San Francisco 49ers.

"I'm not a selfish person, I don't think," Flacco said. "There are times where you have to be selfish. But listen, Rich does such a good job in those meeting rooms.

"Drew is going to learn from listening to him talk, and then all of us getting reps on the field and seeing how we all do it as a collective group and as a quarterback. Listen, I hope he does learn from me because that means we're out there and we're slinging it around and having a lot of fun because he's going to learn by watching us do it and watching us do it well. That's how he's going to learn the timing and all those things is to be able to see it on film and hear Rich talk about it with me and digest as much as possible."
          sigpic

Comment

• jflee66
            Bench Warmer
            • Dec 2017

New city, new teammates, new coach and system. Joe is right about getting his own ducks in a row before becoming a coach. He's here to win games, period. I'm sure if the other QB's ask him a question, he will respond with the best of his knowledge. His focus needs to be on preparing for the raiders.

Comment

• Kansas Bob
              Special Teams
              • Apr 2010

If your boss at your job brought up a new hire to you to train and you knew once he is trained, this new hire will take your job and you will be a ex-employee, would you train him? I sure wouldn't. Lock has talent but bad habits. He has a OC and a QB coach to work with him. Why should Flacco spend his time being a coach and maybe next season be unemployed? That is just plain stupid.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                Football Immortal
                • May 2010

its right its not his job to do anything other then be a model for the kid. show him how a PRo-QB works and studies tape. its a job it is his job to be the best he can be over anything else. which should mean he should being a good model for Drew. i am not to worried about it. it is the coaches job to make sure all the QBs are ready.
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm
                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• broncolee
                  Football Immortal
                  • Jan 2007

I have zero issues with what Flacco said.
                  Stop Feeding The Trolls, Please!!!!!

Comment

• Papa-pwn
                    Captain
                    • Aug 2008

Eh. Pretty much the same way he handled the Jackson pick last year. It was just about what anyone should have expected

Comment

• EddieMac
                      Canuck Mod, eh!
                      • Feb 2004

Taking a portion of his comment made me mad,,,but to read it in full...and say lock is getting looked after by the coach...made it meh...just an. Honest comment..
                      sigpic

Comment

• Joshua2585
                        All-Pro
                        • Jun 2011

It's extremely rare for a QB to have any interest in wanting to set aside time to mentor his replacement. I think Alex Smith and Josh McCown are the only two starting QBs in recent memory that have said they were totally fine with mentoring their replacements.

It's not Joe's job. If he didn't have that attitude, I'd be concerned. It's Drew's job to EARN the spot. If he wants it, he has to beat Joe out... (which shouldn't be too terribly difficult). With all that being said- Joe isn't going to be a jerk. He'll answer questions, he'll help when asked. He just won't go out of his way for it.

Comment

• BroncosFanInPA
                          Football Immortal
                          • Oct 2003

reading the "whole" thing...i don't see anything wrong with what he said, really nothing to see here.

seems like some people just want to stir the pot
                          sigpic

Comment

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
                            Football Immortal
                            • Mar 2017

Nothing to see here scroll up ! LOL !

For reals this is a Non Issue ! I watched the Presser and Joe is right Drew will learn from Rich the OC and the QB Coach ! Drew will learn how to be a Professional QB how to go about Daily Life I have no doubt that Drew will learn the Correct way and that is through Coaching not Joe as it is not Joe's Responsibility what so ever it is Joe's Responsibility to Win Football Games Not Throw Interceptions or Miss the Mark like Case !

Comment

• RobertR
                              Starter
                              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Gsam View Post
                              As was the case with Lamar Jackson, Flacco figures to be replaced by Lock at some point in 2019.
                              Lock has yet to have an NFL training camp or take a single snap in a game, yet it's assumed he'll be anointed a first year starter?? Where did THAT unfounded assumption come from??

Comment

Working...
                              X