Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Watch the video of the press conference...................... Nothing to see here, move along...................
    GO BRONCO'S !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas Bob View Post
    If your boss at your job brought up a new hire to you to train and you knew once he is trained, this new hire will take your job and you will be a ex-employee, would you train him? I sure wouldn't. Lock has talent but bad habits. He has a OC and a QB coach to work with him. Why should Flacco spend his time being a coach and maybe next season be unemployed? That is just plain stupid.
    Egg-Zack-Lee!!!

How do people think Elway felt when Reeves drafted Tommy Maddox to be his replacement???

We all know how that worked out but I seriously doubt Elway wanted to or would have actually 'mentored' Maddox.
    Last edited by Mel B.; 05-13-2019 at 04:26 PM.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    It's extremely rare for a QB to have any interest in wanting to set aside time to mentor his replacement. I think Alex Smith and Josh McCown are the only two starting QBs in recent memory that have said they were totally fine with mentoring their replacements.

It's not Joe's job. If he didn't have that attitude, I'd be concerned. It's Drew's job to EARN the spot. If he wants it, he has to beat Joe out... (which shouldn't be too terribly difficult). With all that being said- Joe isn't going to be a jerk. He'll answer questions, he'll help when asked. He just won't go out of his way for it.

It's in the best interest of average to below average players to have that (team player/mentor) mindset to stay employed...and they know that so...
    Last edited by Mel B.; 05-13-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jflee66 View Post
    New city, new teammates, new coach and system. Joe is right about getting his own ducks in a row before becoming a coach. He's here to win games, period. I'm sure if the other QB's ask him a question, he will respond with the best of his knowledge. His focus needs to be on preparing for the raiders.
    Yeah this too.

Flacco's 'learning' a lot of new things as well.

I take no issue with his comments.

Itís Flaccoís job to study the opposition and beat them on a weekly basis. He donít have time to worry about Lock or Rypien, that is the coaching staffís job.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-13-2019 at 04:36 PM.

Flacco is right, it is not his job to train Lock. Flacco's job is to be the best QB he can be. He was brung in as a QB, not as a mentor. Lock will learn from observing flacco, and listening to Scarangello. Most QBs don't want to train their backup. Even Manning said he was not going to mentor Osweiler. That is what the coaches are for.

Not only do I not have a problem with what Flacco said, I like that he said it. He's a competitor. His mindset should be to keep Lock on the sidelines holding a clipboard for as long as possible. If his performance on the field winds up matching his will that can only be a good thing for Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
    Lock has yet to have an NFL training camp or take a single snap in a game, yet it's assumed he'll be anointed a first year starter?? Where did THAT unfounded assumption come from??
    Because heís aging and injuries are catching up to him. Even if heís healthy all season is there any reason to start Flacco if we get eliminated from playoff contention? I donít think itís a stretch at all to say Lock will start at some point whether it be because of injury or poor play and at that point Flacco better be helping to mentor him. But as long as Flacco is starting, yes he should be focused on putting the best version of himself on the field.

Taken in their full context, it's not bothersome in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Because he’s aging and injuries are catching up to him. Even if he’s healthy all season is there any reason to start Flacco if we get eliminated from playoff contention? I don’t think it’s a stretch at all to say Lock will start at some point whether it be because of injury or poor play and at that point Flacco better be helping to mentor him. But as long as Flacco is starting, yes he should be focused on putting the best version of himself on the field.
    You used the word "if". "Ifs" mean Lock COULD start. What I specifically addressed was the assumption that Lock will start. Your if scenario doesn't supported the assumption that Lock will start.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
    Lock has yet to have an NFL training camp or take a single snap in a game, yet it's assumed he'll be anointed a first year starter?? Where did THAT unfounded assumption come from??
    Usually when the incumbent is of a talent level like Flacco's, they get replaced rather quickly. Lock doesn't have to be good for that to happen, Flacco just has to be Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    It's in the best interest of average to below average players to have that (team player/mentor) mindset to stay employed...and they know that so...
    Flacco is, at best, on the same level talent wise as McCown. Definitely a tier or two below Smith. Are you saying he should be embracing his teaching role more gracefully?

I like what he said, I would prefer Flacco concentrate on winning games. I wanted Lock and I'm glad we have him, it is on him and the coaches for his progression. Right now its time to win games. Go Flacco!
    ďNever argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.Ē

― Mark Twain

'OK, you guys want to draft this guy? Well screw you, I’m going to prove that I’m the best guy. I’m going to make this decision look like a bad decision because of how I’m going to play.”

One of Flacco's best friends said the above about Flacco when Ravens drafted Jackson. Flacco went on to not even send a congradulations text and then was motivated enough to go 4-5 with 12 TDs and 6 picks playing with a top 5 defense ... if that is a motivated Flacco then Lock will be starting by week 10.

I can understand Flacco's frustration but at some point just saying something like " I look forward to working with Lock but my main focus is on winning" would have been saying the same thing but better phrasing. I can guarantee this will get brougt up by salty denver fans if Flacco struggle (even some of those who are glossing over it now)
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."