Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Poor little stats, victims of torture.

I could be wrong, but I have a good vibe about our team this year with Flacco and the new Coaching staff. (If we can protect Flacco.)

I didn't feel good about things last year with Casey Keesum and The Staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I could be wrong, but I have a good vibe about our team this year with Flacco and the new Coaching staff. (If we can protect Flacco.)

I didn't feel good about things last year with Casey Keesum and The Staff.
    I believe ppl tried to be optimistic but I donít think anyone was feeling all that great. In fact I donít think anyone felt all that good about Packin Stinch or Trevor Sea man either but at least Flacco brings some hope to the table.

Paxton, The "Mile High Crier"

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I believe ppl tried to be optimistic but I don’t think anyone was feeling all that great. In fact I don’t think anyone felt all that good about Packin Stinch or Trevor Sea man either but at least Flacco brings some hope to the table.
    This is the first time post Manning I can confidently say we're making the playoffs this year. The defense is firing on all cylinders, we have a solid running game and I am at least confident enough in Flacco to know he won't cost us games with ineptitude like previous QBs.

I think Frey just went "Jim Fassel"
    He just pushed his chips to the middle of the table!!!!
    This team is goin' to the Playoff!!!!

Lol ^^^^^^

I seem to remember them going to the Superbowl that year so, I'll take that! Though hopefully we win unlike Fassel's Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I seem to remember them going to the Superbowl that year so, I'll take that! Though hopefully we win unlike Fassel's Giants.
    Fasselís Giants never stood a chance. If Trent Dilfer could throw worth half a darn that game would have been 55-7 minimum.

The Ravens went thru two qbs until they gave Trent the ball. After that they went 11-0, won the Superbowl. Than promptly released Dilfer for an apparent upgrade in Grbac, because of fans and coachs thinking the same thing, how much better we can be if we got a real qb. lol.
    What a disaster. I feel the same about the Lamar experiment. The owner has already said he would be happy with RG3 under center if it doesn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by crabcruncher View Post
    The Ravens went thru two qbs until they gave Trent the ball. After that they went 11-0, won the Superbowl. Than promptly released Dilfer for an apparent upgrade in Grbac, because of fans and coachs thinking the same thing, how much better we can be if we got a real qb. lol.
    What a disaster. I feel the same about the Lamar experiment. The owner has already said he would be happy with RG3 under center if it doesn't work out.
    My frustration with the Ravens decision to move on from Flacco was, because there were about a half dozen long-standing issues with the offense and I could name at least five that were bigger problems than him.

Now, had this been an Andy Dalton situation, where he was given the best coaches, best pass protection (And not some analytically good protection skewed by extra blockers being kept in) and best WR corps and STILL couldnít even win a playoff game, then I would have been far more keen on pointing the finger at Flacco. However, Baltimoreís approach to offense, particularly the passing offense, has been so notoriously and historically red-headed step-childish, I just refused to bail on Flacco as a fan.

The Baltimore organization was already in Lamar mode . They decided not to bring in Flacco during the playoff game because they already knew Lamar was going to start 2019 season. They rode and died with Lamar . I imagine if they sent Flacco in and lost or won how would that impact Lamar as a future starter . Imo they owed it to Baltimore fans not Lamar . It's a business, a business of winning . Nothing personal.

I don't think Baltimore wanted Flacco to get hurt and then be stuck paying him.

Yeah that makes sense as well ^^^^^

Baltimore seems to be all in with Lamar.
    The Rat bird fans I know say, "He is a faster version of Michael Vick, (without the Dogs)."
    Which I think is preposterous.
    I think Michael Vick was a pretty Good QB.
    I am not sold on Lamar.
    Last edited by Capt. Jack; 06-01-2019 at 04:37 PM.