Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    We should have beaten Baltimore last year. Flacco was able to keep them in the game, and have a decent game, and they beat us.

LOL!

I have a feeling that certain people will be upset if flacco plays well & the broncos are winning a bunch of games, which is a pretty sad thing. Or they will just claim no matter what happens it would be in spite of flacco not because of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Broncos QB Lock: Flacco has 'been great to me'

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...lacco-great-me

Denver Broncos quarterback Drew Lock told TMZ on Wednesday that Joe Flacco has "been great to me" when asked about Flacco's comment earlier in the week that it wasn't his job to mentor the rookie.

Lock, who talked to TMZ after arriving at Los Angeles International Airport, didn't want to specifically address Flacco's remark but said he's learning from his teammate.

"He's taught me a lot so far," Lock told TMZ. "He's dealing with winning football games, I'm dealing with trying to learn. ... We're in the same quarterback room. He's been great to me."

Lock later expounded on those comments in an interview with The Associated Press.

"Me and Joe talk out on the field, talk over things in the QB room. I mean, it's hard even to think about how couldn't I learn from the guy when we're in the same QB room every day and on the same field every day and I get to watch his reps, I get to hear the playcalls he's running in my head through the helmet," he told the AP. "I think it was just mainly him stating that, yeah, I do have a young quarterback underneath me right now but don't forget that I'm here to win football games.

"And he thinks that he can do that and so do I.''

Lock told the AP he'll pepper his position coach and offensive coordinator with questions, and "when I've asked Joe a question, it's not like he turns a cold shoulder and doesn't talk to me. He answers and we talk about things. So, I'm appreciative of what he's done.''

Flacco, acquired from Baltimore in March, said earlier Monday that he's "not worried about developing guys or any of that. That is what it is. I hope he does it well. I don't look at that as my job. My job is to go win football games for this football team."

Denver's 9News reported that John Elway, the Broncos' president of football operations/general manager, liked that Flacco was more focused on winning than tutoring Lock.

Lock also told TMZ that the airport shuttle he was riding in with fellow Broncos rookie Noah Fant was involved in an accident, but Lock said they both were fine.

"We've taken worse hits," he joked to TMZ.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

How do you feel about Flacco's Comments?
    We brought Joe in here to play his best at QB. He's not gonna take any energy away from learning a new system and new coaches and new team mates to help someone take his job???????????? Put your self in his shoes please.

Not only do I get why he might not WANT to do that - but it's also not his job technically. Let the guy do his thing. If he can't hang- then you'll get your rook. But from all I've seen - Joe looks VERY excited to have this fresh start -- he looks like he actually DOES love football unlike some guys. And I think he's gonna kick ass for us
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    We brought Joe in here to play his best at QB. He's not gonna take any energy away from learning a new system and new coaches and new team mates to help someone take his job???????????? Put your self in his shoes please.

Not only do I get why he might not WANT to do that - but it's also not his job technically. Let the guy do his thing. If he can't hang- then you'll get your rook. But from all I've seen - Joe looks VERY excited to have this fresh start -- he looks like he actually DOES love football unlike some guys. And I think he's gonna kick ass for us
    I total agree, Joe can resurrect his career. He is a competitor. No one thought this about Peyton Manning when he was brought in. No talk of him teaching the young guns .

It is up to the young guns to embrace the opportunity to learn from an experience NFL Quarterback. Drew Lock is a bright young gun that will see this as the best situation for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Mike Wallace, Jeremy Maclin, and Torrey Smith off of the top of my head. They also invested 7 picks in the first four rounds(5 in the first three rounds) since then on pass catchers.

Flacco just is a bad QB so he makes recievers look worse than they are. If the Ravens had average to above average QB play they would have been much more competitive.

The Raven's WRs have dropped less passes and ran for more yards after the catch than Denver the last three years. So, whether or not people perceive them as a bad group, they've performed better individually than Denver's pass catchers.

Flacco has one of the worst deep balls in the league as of late, with his ability to throw a ball accurately over 15 yards being among the worst in the league. He is solid at the mid game and okay in the short- he just has very questionable decision making there at times- checking down to the RB on 4th and 15, throwing it at the feet of the RB on 4th and 2, ect. All of this really hampers his pass catchers, he doesn't really give them a great chance to succeed.
    This is a pretty bad take... Breshad perriman was the only wr drafted in the first round during flaccos time in baltimore... Torrey smith ( a 2nd round pick) played his best seasons with flacco and fizzled out once he left. SSS and Mike Wallace both had 1,000 yard seasons with flacco after having disappointing seasons prior to joining baltimore. Dennis Pitta was developing into a very good TE before he blew out his hip. Perriman and every other wr drafted by the ravens have all gone on to amount to nothing in this league after leaving baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post
    *****Speaking Monday, Joe Flacco said he had no interest in mentoring second-round QB Drew Lock.
    "I got so many things to worry about," Flacco said, embarking on his second-straight season of poor leadership ahead of a rookie quarterback. "I’m not worried about developing guys or any of that. That is what it is. I hope he does develop. I don’t look at that as my job. My job is to go win football games for this football team." As was the case with Lamar Jackson, Flacco figures to be replaced by Lock at some point in 2019.****

As a fan of my team, this kind of makes me angry. He seems to be like's hes completely insulted that we drafted an heir apparent. I think his attitude is garbage based upon these comments. His job is to help the team win... and if that means helping a young up and coming QB then thats what hes being paid to do.

This is further reinforcing my opinion that bringing in flacco was a mistake.
    Put yourself in Flacco’s shoes. You run into your boss at lunch and ask, “Anything new coming up?” Your boss replies, “I’m interviewing candidates to replace you.” Stunned at what you’ve just heard you tell your boss you have an important meeting with your #1. Your boss says, “Good luck and when I hire your replacement we’ll stop by for an introduction.”

The following week your boss drops by as promised. After the introduction and pleasantries your boss says, “I want you to mentor and develop (insert name). Sometime over the next few months when (insert name) is ready, I’ll fire you without notice.”

How would that go over with you? Would you be motivated to do your job and train your replacement?
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 05-16-2019 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    LOL!

I have a feeling that certain people will be upset if flacco plays well & the broncos are winning a bunch of games, which is a pretty sad thing. Or they will just claim no matter what happens it would be in spite of flacco not because of him.
    No sir. I’ll be stoked if Flacco leads the Broncos to the postseason or more. I just feel like the smarter expectation is that he won’t.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    No sir. I’ll be stoked if Flacco leads the Broncos to the postseason or more. I just feel like the smarter expectation is that he won’t.
    I'm there with you. It is interesting how in the span of 4 months we have gone from collectively agreeing that Flacco wasn't a significant upgrade from Keenum as both are bottom 10 starting QBs to the pendulum shifting and now the majority of fans on Broncos boards being offended at ththe mere idea of Flacco being called anything less than good

I can't ignore his prior history of work, his recent stretch of injuries, and his clearly declining physical abilities. It would be more reasonable to expect Flacco's worst year yet as he approached 35 than to expect a career resurgence.

I would love if Flacco magically changed his stripes and became more than a below average QB. Just like I would like if Leary became a pro bowl guard, but neither are likely.
    Last edited by Papa-pwn; 05-17-2019 at 05:09 AM.

I'm there with you. It is interesting how in the span of 4 months we have gone from collectively agreeing that Flacco wasn't a significant upgrade from Keenum as both are bottom 10 starting QBs to the pendulum shifting and now the majority of fans on Broncos boards being offended at ththe mere idea of Flacco being called anything less than good
    I don't recall the majority of the people thinking that Flacco wasn't an upgrade from Keenum.

I believe I was upset at first because I was tired of bandaids at QB but never did I think that they were the same player. You can easily say more good things about Flacco's ability and accomplishments than Keenum.

I challenge you to say something good about Flacco because your points of how awful he is are getting repetitive and tired.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I don't recall the majority of the people thinking that Flacco wasn't an upgrade from Keenum.

I believe I was upset at first because I was tired of bandaids at QB but never did I think that they were the same player. You can easily say more good things about Flacco's ability and accomplishments than Keenum.

I challenge you to say something good about Flacco because your points of how awful he is are getting repetitive and tired.
    I feel like I’ve seen this movie just a year ago where the boards were all stoked about Keenum once we knew we couldn’t get cousins. And everyone swore he was a big upgrade from siemian and we had a legit starter. And then he wasn’t an upgrade over Keenum.

So excuse me while I don’t get excited yet over Flacco who statistically speaking was no better than Keenum a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I feel like I’ve seen this movie just a year ago where the boards were all stoked about Keenum once we knew we couldn’t get cousins. And everyone swore he was a big upgrade from siemian and we had a legit starter. And then he wasn’t an upgrade over Keenum.

So excuse me while I don’t get excited yet over Flacco who statistically speaking was no better than Keenum a year ago.
    There were far more question marks to Keenum. He was a journeyman who had one good season. Flacco has been a middle-tier QB in this league his whole career. I think people were psyched about Keenum because we just came off a season of the most incompetent QB I've seen as a fan with the combo of Siemian, Paxton and Brock.

No one here is saying that Flacco is incredible. He is an average QB. Certainly not one of the worst in the league.

Also, give me a QB who can win big games and execute with the game on the line. Would much rather have that than some stat filler who can throw for 300+ yards/game.

I can't ignore his prior history of work, his recent stretch of injuries, and his clearly declining physical abilities. It would be more reasonable to expect Flacco's worst year yet as he approached 35 than to expect a career resurgence.

I would love if Flacco magically changed his stripes and became more than a below average QB. Just like I would like if Leary became a pro bowl guard, but neither are likely.
    I do not recall having agreed to that because I'm not in the habit of looking into the future when it comes to football. I need to see something. That's why I like DVR. Before the play I ask myself what it is I'm seeing. When the play is over, I ask myself what it was I just saw?

Denver's offense this year will be new: new OC; new O-Line; new O-Line coaches; new QB; new TE. Flacco will be in a Bronco uniform for the first time. When we see him play, we won't be able to compare him to Keenum because that was last year's team.

On a football team, individuals are relevant only how they interact with their teammates collectively. Players aren't a collection of stats or quantifiable units that are plugged in. They and those who coach them are human. Before I can evaluate what will happen, I need to see real football players playing football on a real football field with a real football. Until then, it is pointless to predict what will happen and obsess about it.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Not only did Keemun only have one good season, but it was with Diggs and Thielen at WR. Flacco’s never had a duo of that caliber to throw to.

So, this is an 8 page thread where all but maybe 1 of us agrees that his comments weren't a big deal?