Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    No I know you weren’t commenting to me. But for the most part I agree with Papa Pawn on Flacco.

To both of you I don’t mean I hate the person. I’ve never met the person. I just mean I hate the player. Similar to most people hate Tom Brady. Except he is actually a winner. Don’t take it so seriously when someone says they hate an athlete. It’s not intended to be personal or about their personality. It’s just referencing how much I dislike the player.

And a pit stop to murder??? Are you serious? Were talking about a football player on a football message board. Why make it so morbid? Good grief.

Talk about being immature. I’m not a younger poster if that’s what you are implying.

See reference above. I don’t hate the person. Just the qb on the field.

Y’all can play in denial all you want about Flacco. And I’ll eat crow times 1000 if he proves me wrong and you guys right. I really hope he does. I’m just not buying into the excuses for the 34th rated qb in the NfL that went from a 10-6 playoff team to a 6-10 team that hasn’t sniffed playoffs since 2015. I try to be bias towards the Broncos. But these days I’m more wait and see not predict it.
    If JF proves you wrong, It would be great if you had to actually eat real crow and just 1 would probably be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by jflee66 View Post
    If JF proves you wrong, It would be great if you had to actually eat real crow and just 1 would probably be enough.
    What a strange thing to desire.

I don't think anyone would be upset if Flacco magically had a good year, it's just really really unlikely. That's the point. I don't see anyone clamouring for Jeff Heuerman to be an all-pro TE, or Leary to make the pro bowl at OG, or for Adam Gotsis to become a top tier 5 technique. All are just as likely, if not more so, than Flacco having a "good" year individually.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post

I don't think anyone would be upset if Flacco magically had a good year, it's just really really unlikely. That's the point. I don't see anyone clamouring for Jeff Heuerman to be an all-pro TE, or Leary to make the pro bowl at OG, or for Adam Gotsis to become a top tier 5 technique. All are just as likely, if not more so, than Flacco having a "good" year individually.
    And that's my point. JF is more likely to have a good year then a bad year due to the talent he now has around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post

Well, to be honest, I generally don't clamor. I've never been much of a clamorer, and I come from a long line of non-clamorers. In fact the ancient sigil of my clan's crest has a mark (off in the corner) of a clamorer surrounded by a circle with a line through it. But I do want Huerman to be an all pro TE. I'd love to see Leary make the Pro Bowl at Guard. Gotsis being top tier would be awesome. With that being said what would be more important to this team would be to have a QB who can play at an NFL level. That means being consistently on time and on target. That means making the right protection calls. That means running the huddle well so that the Offense gets lined up efficiently. That means making pre-snap and post-snap reads of the opposing Defense. That means getting the ball into the hands of our playmakers. We saw PFM do that just well enough for our D to get us a Superbowl win a few years ago. And we watched a handful of young QB's not do that for the last few years. I think Flacco can do that, though. We'll see.

Reminds me of the laughable and obtuse arguments I've read on this Board that Bradley Chubb would be a turd in the punchbowl. How did that work out for the Chubb-haters?

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Reminds me of the laughable and obtuse arguments I've read on this Board that Bradley Chubb would be a turd in the punchbowl. How did that work out for the Chubb-haters?
    Not a reasonable comparison at all since Chubb was a stud coming out of college before his first year as a Bronco.

Where as Flacco has been a turd in a punch bowl for 5 seasons before coming to Denver.

Flacco is going to be a disaster here. I am a huge believer in metrics as well as my own eyes. Both have said that Flacco is on the downside of his career and he has been bad. Why else do you think Baltimore was so willing to part with him in favor of a young QB who is a questionable passer at best. Warren Sharp @Sharpfootball on twitter has some amazing info on flacco.

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/st...17009245122562

some highlights of the tweets for those who dont twitter:

Imagine Ravens fans defending Joe Flacco. Since 2013’s contract:
    ��Ravens are 41-41
    ��No QB has been paid more than Flacco
    ��Flacco is last in YPA, TD Rate, TD:INT ratio & 2nd worst in RTG
    FIRE VANCE JOSEPH

Aaron Rogers win loss record 109-64

Joe Flacco win loss record 106-72

Stop cherry picking, use total stats

Quote Originally Posted by worldsoutro View Post
    Broncos need to look at trading Flacco. We need a leader and a team player at QB.
    Lol ok bud....

Flacco's comments are a huge NOTHING burger. Lock even said that Flacco has been nothing but helpful to him and answers a lot of his questions. The media and fans with an agenda are blowing this crap up to make something out of literally nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by crabcruncher View Post
    Aaron Rogers win loss record 109-64

Joe Flacco win loss record 106-72

Stop cherry picking, use total stats
    By that metric, Mariota is a better QB than Matt Ryan because last year the Falcons lost more games than the Titans.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

By any metric, Flacco is a winner. Look forward to first game against Raiders on Monday night tootball .

I am looking forward to us having a real QB like Flacco, A proven veteran QB that can actually move the chains, and score some points.

Have their been any updates from OTAs, about Flacco, that werenít put out by the official team website?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Have their been any updates from OTAs, about Flacco, that weren’t put out by the official team website?

OTAs aren't fully open to the media. I believe they get a small viewing for a limited number of days. Therefore everything put out is from teams themselves, along with players. Which is why every May/June we see nonstop stories about every rookie looking like they'll be an all-pro, and every other player is looking ready for a career year.

And then training camp happens and players who were great in shorts end up shrinking when contact enters. Guys who looked ready to explode end up disappearing because defense actually tries to make plays. And of course injuries.

good old May/June when every NFL team looks like a Super Bowl contender and every player looks like a true great.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    OTAs aren't fully open to the media. I believe they get a small viewing for a limited number of days. Therefore everything put out is from teams themselves, along with players. Which is why every May/June we see nonstop stories about every rookie looking like they'll be an all-pro, and every other player is looking ready for a career year.

And then training camp happens and players who were great in shorts end up shrinking when contact enters. Guys who looked ready to explode end up disappearing because defense actually tries to make plays. And of course injuries.

good old May/June when every NFL team looks like a Super Bowl contender and every player looks like a true great.
    Completely agree.

From the to pre-season, its all hype from the players, coaches, and front office.. Except for the sports writers themselves, who generally try as hard as possible to create controversy where there is none. Have to get clicks you know.

Its fine to hype it up during the spring and summer. But the truth is, we wont know a danged thing until halfway through the regular season.