Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Javon Walker played with Brett Favre not Rodgers. And he had solid numbers in Denver. Just a far cry from what he had with Fabre.
    That's right Javon Walker . His undoing was my coworker bought his Jersey lol. As a matter of fact he doesnt buy jerseys anymore because it's been bad luck .

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    Wow. I'd say Rodgers is one full tier above Flacco. Maybe two. I've seen them both play. I don't think there is any comparison at all.
    I agree with this as well. I think someone hacked Freyakas account lol

Wow. I'd say Rodgers is one full tier above Flacco. Maybe two. I've seen them both play. I don't think there is any comparison at all.
    I do think that Rodgers is one of the most overrated players of this generation. With that said, he is still a helluva a lot better than Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I agree with this as well. I think someone hacked Freyakas account lol
    I don't care for Rodgers, he's an arrogant dude and people act like he's one of the best ever, what has he actually done outside of early in his career with a stacked team?

He's a top tier QB, but he's in a weak division.... He's got one superbowl appearance during his career. With the talent he had around him, the lack of division competition...He should have been more like Brady if he was good as everyone tries to tout him... He is better than Flacco in TD/INT's, but my feeling personally is a lot of this is attributed to two things. Rodgers has had better coaching throughout his career than Flacco and he's also had far more talent around him.

I also think a lot of people on these boards sell Flacco short simply because they are still bitter over the playoff loss. Flacco's not a Brady, Elway, Manning, ect... but he's a solid starting QB and will help us to improve in that area in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I do think that Rodgers is one of the most overrated players of this generation. With that said, he is still a helluva a lot better than Flacco.
    I don't believe that is fair. I also don't believe that the over-hyping of Brady is fair either. Brady is an all-time great. What many fail to also mention is that he has one of the leagues top 1-3 O-Line coaches on his team. So a coach being able to bring out the best in players coupled with a QB who gets the ball out of his hands in 1-2 seconds does A LOT. Rodgers does NOT have a fantastic O-line and on top of that had a coach who implemented a VERY VERY vanilla offense. IMO- the true test of Rodgers will be this season. A new offensive scheme which will hopefully allow for faster throws, better reads and more creativity. If Rodgers still struggles and falters this season then I agree. He is an overrated player and needs to be brought down a peg....or two.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector
    Now, I agree with that too.

Would you also agree that Flacco is a tier above Rodgers as a Playoff QB, where the best teams collide.
    As I said before, I believe Joe is a lot better QB than the rest of the league playing in bad weather, which is more prevalent at playoff time. And with his back to the wall, win or be done, he excels.
    Last edited by crabcruncher; 05-28-2019 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I don't care for Rodgers, he's an arrogant dude and people act like he's one of the best ever, what has he actually done outside of early in his career with a stacked team?

He's a top tier QB, but he's in a weak division.... He's got one superbowl appearance during his career. With the talent he had around him, the lack of division competition...He should have been more like Brady if he was good as everyone tries to tout him... He is better than Flacco in TD/INT's, but my feeling personally is a lot of this is attributed to two things. Rodgers has had better coaching throughout his career than Flacco and he's also had far more talent around him.

I also think a lot of people on these boards sell Flacco short simply because they are still bitter over the playoff loss. Flacco's not a Brady, Elway, Manning, ect... but he's a solid starting QB and will help us to improve in that area in 2018.
    Flacco's career high completion percentage is 64.9 percent. He has had double digit INTs in every year of his career except for last season where he failed to play the entire season in favor of Lamar "Can't throw a football" Jackson.

What is more important here is that generally speaking Flacco has been statistically average at best as a QB in the NFL. If we are to compare him to anyone it would be Case Keenum. You know that guy we just kicked out the door?

Also who has Rodgers had on his team who has been above average or well above average? Jordy Nelson....and that is about it. Flacco had Steve Smith, Kyle Rudolph and I am sure I am missing others.

Quote Originally Posted by crabcruncher View Post

Would you also agree that Flacco is a tier above Rodgers as a Playoff QB, where the best teams collide.
    As I said before, I believe Joe is a lot better QB than the rest of the league playing in bad weather, which is more prevalent at playoff time.
    No.

Ten characters

No. Flacco has one great run. So did Rodgers. Aside form that they have a very similar overall record in the play-offs. Flacco 10-5 vs Rodgers 9-7. What is also important to note is that the Ravens typically field a good to great defense. The Packers usually don't.

Here this will settle this . I guarantee Rodgers makes the HOF . Flacco will not imo

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Here this will settle this . I guarantee Rodgers makes the HOF . Flacco will not imo
    Rodgers doesn't deserve a HoF nod at this point in his career... I completely disagree with that thought....

As I said before, I believe Joe is a lot better QB than the rest of the league playing in bad weather, which is more prevalent at playoff time. And with his back to the wall, win or be done, he excels.
    Rodgers is an elite qb. That defense in GB has been trash sense they won the super bowl. If Mike pettine can get that turned around they have an uber talented offense

When it comes to inclement weather and the playoffs, I’d argue that Flacco is top three at least.

Flacco’s rookie season, the defense led the way. Same with his second season. In his third season, he went into Arrowhead and played a big role in that victory. The defense forced turnovers, but they did not carry him. Honestly, it was the defense that gave up third and forever against Pittsburgh the following week. Boldin dropped a touchdown pass and they had to settle for three. The defense allowed Ben to complete a third and like, 19, to little known at the time, Antonio Brown. Flacco was actually leading the game tying drive, which ended, because TJ Houshmanzadeh dropped a fourth and 18 or something like that, that nearly hit him right in between the numbers.

The following year, the defense led the way in a victory against the Texans. Then, if not for Lee Evans, Flacco leads the game winning drive, in Foxboro, to send the Ravens to the Super Bowl.

The following year was the Super Bowl year.

2014, he led the team to their first playoff victory against the Steelers, in team history. They had the lead and Harbaugh tried to sit on it. Justin Forster fumbled, Pittsburgh scored on the ensuing drive and Flacco had to lead the offense right back down to regain momentum again.

Then, they went back to Foxboro and the main reason why Flacco and his four touchdowns weren’t enough was, because the Ravens defense gave up five touchdowns. The game ends in a pick, that replay shows shouldn’t have even happened, because Torrey Smith horribly misjudged the ball in the air.

As much as I dont care for Rodgers, He could make the HOF. I think he needs to be well over 50k passing yards.
    I just looked up his stats and they are pretty good ! All he needs to do is finish his career strong.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    When it comes to inclement weather and the playoffs, I’d argue that Flacco is top three at least.

Flacco’s rookie season, the defense led the way. Same with his second season. In his third season, he went into Arrowhead and played a big role in that victory. The defense forced turnovers, but they did not carry him. Honestly, it was the defense that gave up third and forever against Pittsburgh the following week. Boldin dropped a touchdown pass and they had to settle for three. The defense allowed Ben to complete a third and like, 19, to little known at the time, Antonio Brown. Flacco was actually leading the game tying drive, which ended, because TJ Houshmanzadeh dropped a fourth and 18 or something like that, that nearly hit him right in between the numbers.

The following year, the defense led the way in a victory against the Texans. Then, if not for Lee Evans, Flacco leads the game winning drive, in Foxboro, to send the Ravens to the Super Bowl.

The following year was the Super Bowl year.

2014, he led the team to their first playoff victory against the Steelers, in team history. They had the lead and Harbaugh tried to sit on it. Justin Forster fumbled, Pittsburgh scored on the ensuing drive and Flacco had to lead the offense right back down to regain momentum again.

Then, they went back to Foxboro and the main reason why Flacco and his four touchdowns weren’t enough was, because the Ravens defense gave up five touchdowns. The game ends in a pick, that replay shows shouldn’t have even happened, because Torrey Smith horribly misjudged the ball in the air.
    Does it matter how you do at the dance if you can make it. He has made the playoffs once in the last 5 years.