Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crabcruncher View Post
    By any metric, Flacco is a winner. Look forward to first game against Raiders on Monday night tootball .
    Being carried by good teams is nothing to be proud of. Measuring a career's worth of wins is a sad argument. Aaron Rodgers is without a doubt a better QB than Flacco. It's not particularly close, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I am looking forward to us having a real QB like Flacco, A proven veteran QB that can actually move the chains, and score some points.
    The only thing "proven" about Flacco right now is that he is a well below average player. That is nothing to be excited about. Most of the rest of the team, though, lots to be excited about.

Flacco has been with a definces minded HC that would get early points to start playing defence. Let's see how he can do with an OC that likes to put up points. I don't think at this point, anyone is expecting him to light it up. Right now I just want to see us protect the ball. That was our biggest problem the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    The only thing "proven" about Flacco right now is that he is a well below average player. That is nothing to be excited about. Most of the rest of the team, though, lots to be excited about.
    I only watched one of his games last year. And I Thought he did pretty good against the Broncos? He kept the Ravens in the game, and wound up beating us.
    I kinda don't like him, something about him (IDK). I did like him when he was in college, and I thought it would have been okay if we would have drafted him way back when. But when he became a Raven, I immediately took a dislike to him and then of course the "Mile High Miracle" forget about it.
    But, if he could do well for the Broncos for a year or so, until we find the next guy, I'm okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post
    *****Speaking Monday, Joe Flacco said he had no interest in mentoring second-round QB Drew Lock.
    "I got so many things to worry about," Flacco said, embarking on his second-straight season of poor leadership ahead of a rookie quarterback. "Iím not worried about developing guys or any of that. That is what it is. I hope he does develop. I donít look at that as my job. My job is to go win football games for this football team." As was the case with Lamar Jackson, Flacco figures to be replaced by Lock at some point in 2019.****
    I'm fine with this. A lot of people forget...Montana and Young didn't like each other either. Flacco is 34, and it's his job to lose. I agree with Flacco's statement that sometimes you have to be selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Being carried by good teams is nothing to be proud of. Measuring a career's worth of wins is a sad argument. Aaron Rodgers is without a doubt a better QB than Flacco. It's not particularly close, either.
    Rodgers is pretty massively overrated...What's he done outside his Superbowl. I'd say Flacco and Rodgers are very similar.

Lets not forget that Rodgers spent a huge chunk of his career surrounded by talented WR's... Flacco's offenses have NOT been talented. Outside of Steve Smith, he's had next to no one of value to throw to the majority of his career. Rodgers consistently has 3-4 reliable targets he can choose from.

Completions and yardage, the numbers are extremely similar TD's and INT's are not, part of that comes down to having a big body WR to hit in the endzone. Flacco hasn't had many of those.

Rodgers didnt have any spectacular wrs . Not even a TE . I'm sorry but I'll take Rodgers over Flacco anyday

I had some "Dyed in the wool" Ravens fans out on the boat yesterday, and they all said Flacco can still throw a nice ball, and he is pretty accurate.
    He doesn't show much emotion, and if you pressure him up the middle he isn't worth a damn, he gets flustered and panics. If we can protect him he will be Ok, if not we are in trouble.
    Last edited by Capt. Jack; 05-27-2019 at 10:19 AM.

Not sure about the happy feet statement. I have seen, and you will see pretty soon that Flacco stands tall in the pocket and will deliver the ball if he has an open target, even with a defender in his face, about to level him.
    All the naysayers should chill out. Flacco is the least of their worries.
    Turn the microscope over the rest of the team.
    Do you have a capable slot receiver. Do you have a third down receiver who can catch a back shoulder pass and will fight for the ball. Do you have a burner who can catch. Can your tight end make a catch over the middle and hold onto the ball after hard contact.
    Does your running back make yards after contact. Can he catch everything thrown at him. Does he protect the ball.
    Do you have a leader on defense who can rally the troops to hold a lead late or get the ball back for a last minute drive.
    Did you fix your offensive line.

You fixed the Qb position. Now focus on the rest of the team.
    Last edited by crabcruncher; 05-27-2019 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I had some "Dyed in the wool" Ravens fans out on the boat yesterday, and they all said Flacco can still throw a nice ball, and he is pretty accurate.
    He doesn't show much emotion, and if you pressure him up the middle he isn't worth a damn, he gets flustered and panics. If we can protect him he will be Ok, if not we are in trouble.
    Most QBs would be in trouble if you dont protect them . Some QBs feel comfortable in the middle of a pocket and some would rather slide out .

I am just passing along what some Rat bird fans said.

Did you call them that on your charter boat? They would of gotten a kick out of it and given you a bigger tip.

Quote Originally Posted by crabcruncher View Post
    Did you call them that on your charter boat? They would of gotten a kick out of it and given you a bigger tip.
    I have in the past, not yesterday though. I was defending Flacco, saying I was happy he is a Bronco, and said, I was hoping he was going to have a big year.
    Last edited by Capt. Jack; 05-27-2019 at 12:18 PM.

I think hes better then Keenum but I felt good after tc last year with Keenum so I'm pumping my brakes and trying not to expect too much . Then I wont be disappointed I can only be surprised and relieved lol.