Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Capt. Jack where do you charter out of ? I just went deep sea fishing on Saturday out of Avila .

Quote Originally Posted by crabcruncher View Post
    Chill out. Flacco is the least of their worries.
    Turn the microscope over the rest of the team.
    Do you have a capable slot receiver.
    Yes. Sanders, Fant, and Hamilton will see lots of time there. Butt likely as well.

Do you have a third down receiver who can catch a back shoulder pass and will fight for the ball.
    Yes. Same people mentioned above. Add Sutton.

Do you have a burner who can catch.
    Sanders

Can your tight end make a catch over the middle and hold onto the ball after hard contact.
    Yeah

Does your running back make yards after contact. Can he catch everything thrown at him. Does he protect the ball.
    Yes. Yes. Yes. One of the best in the league, actually at all of those.

Do you have a leader on defense who can rally the troops to hold a lead late or get the ball back for a last minute drive.
    Yes. Several.

Did you fix your offensive line.
    Didn't really need "fixing". It was average at worst last year. Definitely improved this year, though. On paper.

You fixed the Qb position. Now focus on the rest of the team.
    Eh. Maybe. If Lock pans out then yes, we fixed the QB position. Flacco is just another Keenum level journeyman. The "QB before the QB", if you will.

As it stands amongst starters, Flacco is one of this team's weakest links.

Look, its time to get over the playoff loss I think the miracle happened because the dbs saw Flacco scrambling and didn't believe he could throw that far. Besides Ray Lewis said God told him we would win. Not to mention the Denver media was prematurely announcing his last game retirement party they were throwing for him. Nice motivation, thanks. The patriots had a billboard announcing the same thing in Boston. The offensive line gave Flacco great protection during the Superbowl run.
    If Denver can give him adequate protection during the regular season, than take their game up a notch in the playoffs, anything is possible
    Its a lot to ask for with one year of playing together.'
    I see a lot of good things that a team needs to win, with the Broncos.
    If they all gel, than you guys will dominate.

Quote Originally Posted by crabcruncher View Post
    Look, its time to get over the playoff loss I think the miracle happened because the dbs saw Flacco scrambling and didn't believe he could throw that far. Besides Ray Lewis said God told him we would win. Not to mention the Denver media was prematurely announcing his last game retirement party they were throwing for him. Nice motivation, thanks. The patriots had a billboard announcing the same thing in Boston. The offensive line gave Flacco great protection during the Superbowl run.
    If Denver can give him adequate protection during the regular season, than take their game up a notch in the playoffs, anything is possible
    Its a lot to ask for with one year of playing together.'
    I see a lot of good things that a team needs to win, with the Broncos.
    If they all gel, than you guys will dominate.
    That play happened not because of any scrambling but because 1 DB who was to stay deeper than any player and play it in front of him took a bad route to the ball, mistimed his jump and then let the player he was to keep in front of him behind him.

If he lets the catch happen and makes the tackle or pushes the WR out of bounds then the Broncos still win that game.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Rodgers didnt have any spectacular wrs . Not even a TE . I'm sorry but I'll take Rodgers over Flacco anyday
    Donald Drivers, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Jermichael Finley?

Yea, he had some solid receiver options.

In that weather, off of his toes, Quarterbacks just arenít supposed to be able to throw the ball that far. The ball had to have felt like a brick. Moore didnít think Flacco could and once the ball started carrying, he panicked.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    In that weather, off of his toes, Quarterbacks just arenít supposed to be able to throw the ball that far. The ball had to have felt like a brick. Moore didnít think Flacco could and once the ball started carrying, he panicked.
    I might agree with you if Moore hadnít did the exact same thing a few weeks earlier against I believe Tampa in Tampa. That time he got a fingertip on the ball and the coaches must not have hammered the nail home not to do that ever again as the last line of defense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well, Flacco almost couldn't. Jones came pretty close to a dead stop after the ball traveled 53 yards in the air. Good thing Flacco had a 5 yard run up to get some velocity on the pass.

Also, the weather was not a significant impacting factor on that play. Or passing plays in general. Statistically speaking, the worst weather for passing is wind, followed by temps exceeding 90 degrees farenheit. Especially a team like Baltimore, considered a "cold-weather team" due to their geographical location. Their passing efficiency is historically better in the 10-30 degree range as compared to the 70-90 degree range.

http://archive.advancedfootballanaly...ssing.html?m=1

The humidity was also a little elevated that night, and higher humidity decreases the air density, and therefore decreases the drag on projectiles like a football, thus allowing them to travel further easier.
    Last edited by Papa-pwn; 05-27-2019 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post

Jordy had to be the discussion for one of the best WR between 2011-2016. his numbers are really good. minus 2012

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Dude those guys are nothing special. no one will even be close to HOF . Jordy Nelson may get the closest. Rodgers has the ability to carry a team on his shoulders. Flacco not so much. I'll take Steve Smith over all of these except Jordy which is a toss up. Do you think Smith is a HOF wr? Rodgers has consistently taken average jo blows and made them into good wrs . Notice how when those players went elsewhere it was zzz's. Didnt we get a wr from Packers who had good #'s until he played for Denver ?

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Dude those guys are nothing special. no one will even be close to HOF . Jordy Nelson may get the closest. Rodgers has the ability to carry a team on his shoulders. Flacco not so much. I'll take Steve Smith over all of these except Jordy which is a toss up. Do you think Smith is a HOF wr? Rodgers has consistently taken average jo blows and made them into good wrs . Notice how when those players went elsewhere it was zzz's. Didnt we get a wr from Packers who had good #'s until he played for Denver ?
    Javon Walker played with Brett Favre not Rodgers. And he had solid numbers in Denver. Just a far cry from what he had with Fabre.

When talking about the abilities or talents of a WR, I think his QB plays a significant role. Sure, there are some trancendant types who excel no matter who the QB is; Fitzgerald, Hopkins, are recent examples. But more often than not, a "good" reciever needs "good" QB play before he is actually considered to be a good player.

Our own experience with Demaryius Thomas was a roller coaster depending on who threw him the ball. Yes he still made some plays with lesser QBs, but so did Mike Wallace with a lesser QB like Flacco.

Wallace was undoubtably seen as a better WR when he was produced 4000 yards and 32 TDs in his first 4 years in Pittsburg, when he had to deal with below average QBs in Miami and Baltimore, the public perception of him suffered.

WR is a very dependant position, and the QB makes the WR far more often than the opposite. Really, a "good" QB still often excels with nobodies. It is usually not until the recievers are on a new team that we realize that the QB elevated their production, but like in the case of Mike Wallace it becomes clear to see the difference in talent level between QBs with what they are able to do with the same recievers.

Are we seriously comparing Aaron Rodgerís WRs in Green Bay to Joe Flaccoís WRs in Baltimore? Steve Smith Sr. arrived in Baltimore in 2014, they made the playoffs, beat the Steelers for the first time in team playoff history and took the Patriots down to the wire. The next year, Smith Sr. tore his Achilles. He rushed back early from it in 2016 and wasnít the same. He retired after that season.

Rodgers is pretty massively overrated...What's he done outside his Superbowl. I'd say Flacco and Rodgers are very similar.
    Wow. I'd say Rodgers is one full tier above Flacco. Maybe two. I've seen them both play. I don't think there is any comparison at all.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    Wow. I'd say Rodgers is one full tier above Flacco. Maybe two. I've seen them both play. I don't think there is any comparison at all.
    Now, I agree with that too.