Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 246
  1. #211
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    4,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Rodgers is an elite qb. That defense in GB has been trash sense they won the super bowl. If Mike pettine can get that turned around they have an uber talented offense
    Oh. So, are you saying that there is a lot more to a Green Bay Football team than just a Top Tier QB in Rodgers? Maybe because NFL Football is a "Team" sport, and a Top Tier QB can't "make the Playoffs in the last 5 years" by himself because he is only one player on that "Team"?

    Same thing applies to Baltimore, doesn't it?

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,123
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Oh. So, are you saying that there is a lot more to a Green Bay Football team than just a Top Tier QB in Rodgers? Maybe because NFL Football is a "Team" sport, and a Top Tier QB can't "make the Playoffs in the last 5 years" by himself because he is only one player on that "Team"?

    Same thing applies to Baltimore, doesn't it?
    Not really, because while the team as a whole may not be top tier, the QB has performed like a top tier QB. Can't say the same for Flacco. If anything, you could argue that he playing like a bottom 10 QB has held them back.

    No surprise that the first time they make the playoffs in the last half decade comes during a year where they bench him at 4-5 and go 6-1 with his replacement. As a Broncos fan, I was rooting hard for Flacco to come back when I thought we had a chance to make the playoffs. You just knew he was good to lose them an extra few games. Alas, Flacco remained benched and we continued losing while the Ravens continued winning.

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    2,913
    All in all, I think Flacco is way better then Casey Keesum, CK was a shrimp that played poorly last year for us.
    Flacco is a big tough guy, that can still sling the ball.
    We shall see?
    If he does have a good year, we all have to take up a collection, so we can buy Papa a FLACCO JERSEY !!!!!


  4. #214
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Johnstown , PA
    Posts
    6,756
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    All in all, I think Flacco is way better then Casey Keesum, CK was a shrimp that played poorly last year for us.
    Flacco is a big tough guy, that can still sling the ball.
    We shall see?
    If he does have a good year, we all have to take up a collection, so we can buy Papa a FLACCO JERSEY !!!!!

    Count me in...seriously doubt he would even give him any credit though, in fact i could imagine a lot of cringing & squirming even if we are winning a bunch of games.

    I could envision him having that look on his face like elway did when tebow kept on winning games for us

    LOL!

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,123
    Aaron Rodgers has only once started a full season and not thrown over 25 TD passes. Flacco has done so once.

    The gap between the two is astronomical. Rodgers has 65 TDs to 1 INT in the last 3 years, just in the redzone! That's more than Flacco has thrown in the last 4 years, not just including the red zone but from the entire field. In fact, Rodgers' 81 total TDs the last 3 years is over 1/3 of Flacco's entire career! And Rodgers missed 9 games in 2017.

    Flacco has started 163 games compared to Rodgers' 158. So even though he has 5 more starts than Rodgers, he has thrown 126 less TDs, 56 MORE interceptions, 4700 less yards, and do we need to go into the efficiency numbers like passer rating, completion %, and YPA? Not a pretty comparison for Flacco's sake. We'll just say that Flacco has only touched Rodgers' career average completion percentage one season in his career. Rodgers' career average YPA and passer rating exceed anything Flacco has displayed for any single season.

    It was mentioned above to consider their playoff performances. Flacco has 15 games whole Rodgers has 16. Rodgers has thrown/ran for 13 more postseason TDs, 1200 more yards, but they do have equal interceptions at 10. Again, the efficiency numbers are also really poor for Flacco in this comparison with his 56.6% playoff completion percentage to Rodgers' 63.5%, his 7.2 vs 7.5 YPA, and his 88.6 vs 99.4 passer rating.

    The thing is, Flacco really only had that one 2012 run. He threw 11 TDs to 0 INTs in those 4 games. Beyond that, he has thrown sub-60% completion in 2/3 of his playoff games. He's been poor more often than good in the playoffs but his total numbers are skewed by 2012.

    So sure, Flacco has won a single more game than Rodgers in the playoffs, but Rodgers is undoubtably a better QB both in and out the playoffs.

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    All in all, I think Flacco is way better then Casey Keesum, CK was a shrimp that played poorly last year for us.
    Flacco is a big tough guy, that can still sling the ball.
    We shall see?
    If he does have a good year, we all have to take up a collection, so we can buy Papa a FLACCO JERSEY !!!!!

    Lol you're a good sport about this whole deal. Yes. We will see. Hopefully all who wear the orange and blue have success. I truly hope that, always.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    2,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Lol you're a good sport about this whole deal. Yes. We will see. Hopefully all who wear the orange and blue have success. I truly hope that, always.
    We all want to see our Broncos team get back to respectability, and start winning games and then consistently winning the western division again.

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    1,612
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    We all want to see our Broncos team get back to respectability, and start winning games and then consistently winning the western division again.
    Sign me up .....its about time

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    42
    Rogers is 8-6 in the playoffs not 9-7.
    Rogers has started 165 games not 158.
    Funny that your errors in numbers are slanted one way, even though we all make mistakes.
    Do you sell real estate? Do head counts at inaugurations?

    Yes, both Qbs became starters in 2008,
    One came into the NFL in 2005 learning his craft behind Favre for three years, and the other came in fresh faced and bushy tailed direct from div 2a Delaware
    And still Flacco is a better playoff QB than Rogers.
    Don't feel too bad, Peyton was one of the greatest, and he was a avg. playoff qb.. His knock was he couldn't play in cold weather, but persistence paid off.
    Last edited by crabcruncher; 05-29-2019 at 09:50 AM.

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,647
    Quote Originally Posted by crabcruncher View Post
    Rogers is 8-6 in the playoffs not 9-7.
    Rogers has started 165 games not 158.
    Funny that your errors in numbers are slanted one way, even though we all make mistakes.
    Do you sell real estate? Do head counts at inaugurations?

    Yes, both Qbs became starters in 2008,
    One came into the NFL in 2005 learning his craft behind Favre for three years, and the other came in fresh faced and bushy tailed direct from div 2a Delaware
    And still Flacco is a better playoff QB than Rogers.
    Don't feel too bad, Peyton was one of the greatest, and he was a avg. playoff qb.. His knock was he couldn't play in cold weather, but persistence paid off.
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...R/RodgAa00.htm

    Pfr says you're wrong on both counts...


  11. #221
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,123
    Quote Originally Posted by crabcruncher View Post
    Rogers is 8-6 in the playoffs not 9-7.
    Rogers has started 165 games not 158.
    Funny that your errors in numbers are slanted one way, even though we all make mistakes.
    Do you sell real estate? Do head counts at inaugurations?

    Yes, both Qbs became starters in 2008,
    One came into the NFL in 2005 learning his craft behind Favre for three years, and the other came in fresh faced and bushy tailed direct from div 2a Delaware
    And still Flacco is a better playoff QB than Rogers.
    Don't feel too bad, Peyton was one of the greatest, and he was a avg. playoff qb.. His knock was he couldn't play in cold weather, but persistence paid off.
    I think you are confused with your numbers.

    In what way is Flacco a better playoff QB than Rodgers?

    I guess it is a moot point since Flacco isnt a very good QB to begin with, and we likely won't see him reach the playoffs with Denver anyway.

  12. #222
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    42
    Only Brady and Roethlisberger have a better record than Flacco and yes rogers is nine and seven, bad info on other site.

    https://www.footballdb.com/stats/qb-...html?type=post

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I think you are confused with your numbers.

    In what way is Flacco a better playoff QB than Rodgers?

    I guess it is a moot point since Flacco isnt a very good QB to begin with, and we likely won't see him reach the playoffs with Denver anyway.
    This take is a poor one. You don't go 10-5 in the playoffs and win a Superbowl as a bad QB...You don't like him, that's fine and BELIEVE ME we all are well aware of that by now. He's had garbage to work with for several years now. His top targets this year were a washed up crabtree, willie snead and John Brown. Last year an over the hill Ben Watson, Mike Wallace, Javorious Allen and Maclin (none of his receivers last year had over 600 yards...)

    2016 was the last year he had someone to throw to, surprise surprise he had 4,300 yards that season... He's not a top tier QB, but saying he's not very good when he's 10-5 in the playoffs and has won a superbowl is just a little silly. He's above average and an upgrade over what we've had post manning. He'll be a good stop gap for Lock.


  14. #224
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,227
    Lock met with the media today and talked about how Flacco has helped him along the way so far, and has answered questions when Lock has asked them. I think the "I'm not here to be a mentor" is a natural reaction to wanting to say he's the starter, and that's fine. But now that everything is going it sounds like he's being a good teammate, which is what you'd expect from a guy who's been around this long.

  15. #225
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    This take is a poor one. You don't go 10-5 in the playoffs and win a Superbowl as a bad QB...You don't like him, that's fine and BELIEVE ME we all are well aware of that by now. He's had garbage to work with for several years now. His top targets this year were a washed up crabtree, willie snead and John Brown. Last year an over the hill Ben Watson, Mike Wallace, Javorious Allen and Maclin (none of his receivers last year had over 600 yards...)

    2016 was the last year he had someone to throw to, surprise surprise he had 4,300 yards that season... He's not a top tier QB, but saying he's not very good when he's 10-5 in the playoffs and has won a superbowl is just a little silly. He's above average and an upgrade over what we've had post manning. He'll be a good stop gap for Lock.
    I just don't buy the suporting cast excuse. I believe the QB makes the supporting cast way more than the inverse. Look at Mike Wallace wiwitwiwith Rothlesberger vs Flacco/Tannehill. Started his career with over 4000 recieving yards and 32 TDs in 4 years. A stark difference from his career in Miami and Baltimore with below average QBs.

    Maybe if he was actually doing well and just falling slightly short of the mark, but he's been pretty consistently a bottom half of the league QB- bottom 10 the last few years. He deserves a significant amount of the blame for his receivers percieved struggles, from what I've seen watching the games.

    Let's talk about 2016, since you mentioned his 4300 yards. That was good for 7th most in the league! Not too bad, right? Well, except for the fact that he threw the 2nd most passes in the league that year, which brought his YPA to 6.4 good for 27th in the league. Not surprising, he has been bottom 5 in YPA way more often than just 2016.

    Back to 2016, so with the 2nd most passing attempts in the league and his 4300 yards, surely he was capable of scoring, right? Well he threw the 18th most TDs that year, twenty total. Factor in his passing attempts and you was throwing a TD on 3% of his passes- well that was good for 26th in the league! Again, no surprise. He has regularly been in the lower twenties there.

    So, he threw the ball a ton, got a sad amount of yards relative to said attempts, and a weak amount of TDs. What about turnovers? Well, among QBs who started 16 games in 2016 he had the 6th most interceptions! He did throw a lot, so how does his interception % look? Oh. It was 2.2%. Among QBs who started 16 games that was the 7th highest interception rate in the league! Yikes.

    His 2016 year was pretty much on par with what we have had at QB the last 3 years: bad. But, like I've said before, not surprising. It is who he is. 2016 is not an anomaly, it is the same Flacvo as 2015, 2017, and 2018. And it would be most reasonable to expect him to get worse as he continues to accumulate age and injuries.

    I want to get excited, I do, but he is just so obviously a bad QB that even I cannot force myself to. I am PUMPED for the rest of the team. I have a natural bias with oranage colored glasses. People who have been here the last decade with me should know, I think most Broncos are pro bowlers until proven otherwise and everyone else is just busting with potential. Not Flacco. Or Keenum last year, for that matter. Sometimes the suck is just way too clear.


    - but yes, he will be a good stopgap for Lock for the first 12 games or so. He will provide an example of professionalism and hopefully some advices for the kid. It will be tough for Flacco to be benched for a rookie two years in a row, but this is his career now. He will likely be somewhere like Tampa next year, briefly ahead of Fromm/Tua/Eason/whoever.
    Last edited by Papa-pwn; 05-30-2019 at 03:47 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •