Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Flacco is, at best, on the same level talent wise as McCown. Definitely a tier or two below Smith. Are you saying he should be embracing his teaching role more gracefully?
    Nah I was just speaking on why marginal players like Smith & McCown have accepted their roles since they have pretty much always had to compete for the starting gig and have almost always been looking over their shoulder (Smith) or been mostly a back-up (McCown) their entire career.

Flacco has always been a starter and until last season, he's never had to look over his shoulder or compete for the starting gig, so unless he balls out, he's probably another season (of humble pie) away from accepting his role as something less than being a franchise's starting QB.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post
    *****Speaking Monday, Joe Flacco said he had no interest in mentoring second-round QB Drew Lock.
    "I got so many things to worry about," Flacco said, embarking on his second-straight season of poor leadership ahead of a rookie quarterback. "Iím not worried about developing guys or any of that. That is what it is. I hope he does develop. I donít look at that as my job. My job is to go win football games for this football team." As was the case with Lamar Jackson, Flacco figures to be replaced by Lock at some point in 2019.****

As a fan of my team, this kind of makes me angry. He seems to be like's hes completely insulted that we drafted an heir apparent. I think his attitude is garbage based upon these comments. His job is to help the team win... and if that means helping a young up and coming QB then thats what hes being paid to do.

This is further reinforcing my opinion that bringing in flacco was a mistake.
    I have absolutely no problem with Flacco focussing on HIS job, but I find it absolutely appalling that, we have fans that go to this length to smear Flacco by misrepresenting what he said.
    I really find is shameful to start smear campaigns against Flacco.

What he said was absolutely professional"
    "I got so many things to worry about," Flacco told reporters. "I'm trying to go out there and play good football. I'm trying to go out there and play the best football of my life. As far as a time constraint and all stuff, I'm not worried about developing guys or any of that. That is what it is, and like I said, I hope he does develop. But I don't look at that as my job. My job is to go win football games for this football team."

I'm just sure Flacco will be roughly what he always has been- below average.
    Except off cause in the playoffs and big games where he has been one of the best QBs in the NFL over a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Wow. You are pretty sure Flacco is going to be a disaster, aren't you? You say Joe hasn't accepted his role. Well, maybe his role isn't what you think it is. Maybe he isn't a McCown type starter. Maybe Elway wasn't lying when he said he thought Flacco was still in his prime. Maybe there's a reason why he passed on Lock three times before drafting him. Maybe you should see how he actually plays for Denver before writing him off.
    It is quite amazing how much hate is there. Flacco is easily the best physical QB we have had since Cutler and he has shown year after year that if the team around him has been solid he has been one of the most effective QB's in NFL since entering the league.
    Last edited by BroncoFanDK; 05-14-2019 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    Nah I was just speaking on why marginal players like Smith & McCown have accepted their roles since they have pretty much always had to compete for the starting gig and have almost always been looking over their shoulder (Smith) or been mostly a back-up (McCown) their entire career.

Flacco has always been a starter and until last season, he's never had to look over his shoulder or compete for the starting gig, so unless he balls out, he's probably another season (of humble pie) away from accepting his role as something less than being a franchise's starting QB.
    Flacco is also a marginal player and should have been having to look over his shoulder the last 3 years, the Ravens just took their time replacing him.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    Except off cause in the playoffs and big games where he has been one of the best QBs in the NFL over a decade.

It is quite amazing how much hate is there. Flacco is easily the best physical QB we have had since Cutler and he has shown year after year that if the team around him has been solid he has been one of the most effective QB's in NFL since entering the league.
    Right. Let us ignore the more significant sample size in favor of a smaller one to attempt to paint Flacco in an unrealistic light. Know who else is great in the postseason? Mark Sanchez. His career playoff passer rating is actually top 10 in league history. Does that make him a good QB? No. He, like Flacco, is well below average as a quarterback.

Heck, one could even argue much of Flacco's individual postseason success has been the result of a very lucky 2012 campaign. Without that one year, he has 14 TDs to 10 INTs, a 6-5 record, 56% completion(a change from 56.6%), 6.5 ypa, and a passer rating of 77, which is actually barely worse than his career regular season numbers. In other words, exactly how he has played most of his career.

There is no hate. Just truth and honesty. Flacco is absolutley not ththe best we have had, even just physically. His body is a shell of its former self. We are not getting 27, w8 year old, injury-free Flacco. We are getting 34 year old Flacco, coming off of a 4 year stretch with 7 injuries spread throughout all four seasons. An ACL tear, MCL tear, concussion, herniated disc, soft tissue hip tear, throwing shoulder separation all happening in your 30s is not something to just brush off.

He has barely been "solid" one year in his entire career, and he certainly has not been an "effective" QB. His efficiency numbers are horrid year after year.

Unless Elway made him sign a Drew Lock development contract, I don't care. Flacco's job is to focus on being the starting quarterback of the Denver Broncos. Lock's job is to pay attention, and put in work.

Flacco is also a marginal player and should have been having to look over his shoulder the last 3 years, the Ravens just took their time replacing him.
    Oh I agree with you.

The problem is Flacco doesn't think so, so he's not in that 'mentoring' frame of mind as of yet but if he flops again this season then his tune may change if he still wants to be on an NFL roster.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

.....Heck, one could even argue much of Flacco's individual postseason success has been the result of a very lucky 2012 campaign. Without that one year, he has 14 TDs to 10 INTs, a 6-5 record, 56% completion(a change from 56.6%), 6.5 ypa, and a passer rating of 77, which is actually barely worse than his career regular season numbers. In other words, exactly how he has played most of his career. ......
    Exactly, how do you think Peyton Manning or John Elway loooked statisticallly if you removed their best games?
    Elway had not won in the playoffs the last 6 years before the 1997 season, and Manning had his share of crappy play.
    There is no QB that has done better against Patriots in Boston than Flacco, and he has shown that he has all the skills to get things done. I know some think that completion percentage tells anything, but it is just a unicorn argument as it has nothing to do with win/loss probability. Peyton completed 70% of his passes in SB48, but spoiler alert you need first downs.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    Exactly, how do you think Peyton Manning or John Elway loooked statisticallly if you removed their best games?
    Elway had not won in the playoffs the last 6 years before the 1997 season, and Manning had his share of crappy play.
    There is no QB that has done better against Patriots in Boston than Flacco, and he has shown that he has all the skills to get things done. I know some think that completion percentage tells anything, but it is just a unicorn argument as it has nothing to do with win/loss probability. Peyton completed 70% of his passes in SB48, but spoiler alert you need first downs.
    Well Flacco needs to make the playoffs which is something he hasnít done lately. Would we be having this same argument if we got Eli instead of Flacco? Eli won two Super Bowls, against the patriots at that, but all that doesnít matter if you canít lead your team to the playoffs.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    We know that Flacco is capable of helping a team win games. Heís done it.

He wonít be the guy to carry a team, but he can be the guy that makes the right throws at the right time.

Stats donít tell the whole story when it comes to football.

Does anyone outside of Cowboys fans think Emmitt Smith is the greatest running back of all time?

While the Ravensí Super Bowl run is very questionable, especially the Broncos game, Flacco did play well enough when he was given good support from the rest of the team. The defense wasnít anywhere near as dominant as it had been in previous seasons. The offense had to contribute more to their success and that started with Joe.

I think we can give Flacco a chance before we start claiming he sucks. Itís a new team, but possibly a better system for his skill set and talent level.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

I, frankly, appreciate the honesty and competitiveness of it. As long as he's not actively ignoring or sabotaging Lock, I have no problems with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post
    *****Speaking Monday, Joe Flacco said he had no interest in mentoring second-round QB Drew Lock.
    "I got so many things to worry about," Flacco said, embarking on his second-straight season of poor leadership ahead of a rookie quarterback. "Iím not worried about developing guys or any of that. That is what it is. I hope he does develop. I donít look at that as my job. My job is to go win football games for this football team." As was the case with Lamar Jackson, Flacco figures to be replaced by Lock at some point in 2019.****

As a fan of my team, this kind of makes me angry. He seems to be like's hes completely insulted that we drafted an heir apparent. I think his attitude is garbage based upon these comments. His job is to help the team win... and if that means helping a young up and coming QB then thats what hes being paid to do.

This is further reinforcing my opinion that bringing in flacco was a mistake.
    I completely disagree.

Joe spoke 100% professionally. He has no obligation to train someone who might replace him some day. He was brought here to lead team and win games. This is the competitive nature of athletes. I like his fire. I am very glad he's here.

He needs all attention on that task. If he does his job to the best of his ability it might mean Lock doesn't suit up before many years or trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbrendal View Post
    Watch the video of the press conference...................... Nothing to see here, move along...................
    This. If you haven't seen his delivery of the content it would be a lot easier to take these statements as provocative as the writer clearly intends.

Id say it's pretty natural. It's no secret that the better Lock gets, the faster Flacco leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Well Flacco needs to make the playoffs which is something he hasnít done lately. Would we be having this same argument if we got Eli instead of Flacco? Eli won two Super Bowls, against the patriots at that, but all that doesnít matter if you canít lead your team to the playoffs.
    When your offense scores a go ahead TD with 1:07 left in a game for the division title (WK16/2017) and you loose the game then it is not on the QB. The whole team has to deliver, and the QB has to be a difference maker when it matters. Flacco is a good bet, and hopefully the coaching will be much better than it has been for 5 out of the 7 years Elway has been in charge of the team.