Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    You do know Elway said basically the exact same thing also when Reeves drafted Tommy Maddox. If you're old enough to remember that debacle, what were your feelings then? It's not Flacco's job to get Lock ready. Same as it wasn't Manning's job to mentor Brock, which he didn't btw. If Lock isn't progressing, that's on Lock and coaching.

As for "the real world". I do agree with you. But sports / entertainment is a complete 180 to "real life". Same rules don't apply, so it's never really an apples to apples comparison. But even with all the cross training, OJT, and mentoring, the person at the top is still holding something back. No one gives up everything.
    It's really sad that people try to compare the situation with Elway/Maddox to this. Elway and Flacco are nowhere near close in terms of talent levels. Elway was the guy, Flacco is just a guy. Pretty soon he is going to have to accept he is one of the Keenums, fitzpatricks, and McCowns of the world and he will have to be a little more graceful. Like Eli Manning and Kurt Warner.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Frankly, I can't believe some of the Posts I've read here. You know, besides the "Trolls" that I see, over and over, concerning Flacco. There certainly are a lot of "fans" who are now highly invested in seeing Joe Flacco fail.

If people want to comment, and Post your hate for Joe Flacco, at least have the intellectual honesty to watch the whole media conference, first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bc0IODniaI
    I have yet to see anyone invested in him failing, just a few of us who havent changed our perception of his talent level since he's changed jerseys. He was a bottom 10 QB in January and nothing has changed since besides his team.

Like stated, I have no issue with what Flacco said. We all know what kind of person he is so this should be no surprise.

We also know what kind of QB he is, so it should be not surprise when he is *again* among the league's worst and benched before the season's end.

From yesterday's "Skip and Shannon: Undisputed" with Mark Schlereth.

Last edited by Mel B.; 05-15-2019 at 06:50 AM.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Peyton Manning spent countless hours trying to master the execution of the game plan, not coaching. Asking your starting quarterback to coach is not good. If Joe prepares the way he should Lock will have an example to follow.
    The media is just doing what the do, stirring up controversy.

I coached for 35+ years. I did not expect players to coach players. That was my job.
    RIP Cameron

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Like Eli Manning .
    Eli Manning was told he shouldn't be expected to mentor Daniel Jones by Gettleman, likely to calm him down after drafting a QB 6th overall. I think the reality is that most QBs are not these illustrious and venerable mentors that fans make them out to be. Why should they? I wouldn't want to train someone to be my replacement at my job, neither would they. Flacco may be just a bridge QB that should accept the mentorship role, but I doubt he sees it that way.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Eli Manning was told he shouldn't be expected to mentor Daniel Jones by Gettleman, likely to calm him down after drafting a QB 6th overall. I think the reality is that most QBs are not these illustrious and venerable mentors that fans make them out to be. Why should they? I wouldn't want to train someone to be my replacement at my job, neither would they. Flacco may be just a bridge QB that should accept the mentorship role, but I doubt he sees it that way.
    I agree. However Eli was taking QB prospects out to dinner when they would visit the Giants during the 2019 pre-draft process. It shouldn't be expected, but some people take on a more significant leadership role that way. Maybe they just want to cement a legacy when they know their time in the league is short. Kurt Warner took that approach with a young Eli Manning though he found a career resurgence in AZ after the fact.

I always find these situations weird. Booker did this when he was drafted proclaiming he was here to take someoneís job. Great attitude to have but not something you should say out loud. 4 years in and he still hasnít made good on his word. You just donít know how people will react to it. Lock could opt to ignore everything Flacco says because he feels like Flacco is trying to sabotage him so he wonít get his chance. I think it just gives off the wrong vibe in such a team oriented sport.

It's really sad that people try to compare the situation with Elway/Maddox to this. Elway and Flacco are nowhere near close in terms of talent levels. Elway was the guy, Flacco is just a guy. Pretty soon he is going to have to accept he is one of the Keenums, fitzpatricks, and McCowns of the world and he will have to be a little more graceful. Like Eli Manning and Kurt Warner.
    It is clear that you ride this over and over. You are one of those that in many threats stipulate that a QBs individual stats are what counts, and don't understand that Joe Flacco's prime responsibility is winning football games - not throw pretty passes and have individual stats.

Joe Flacco has had his team in the playoffs or competing for playoffs late into every season except one. If you did not see Elway play the bulk of his career it makes sense that you make your claims.

Joe Flacco has shown to be very coach-able, and to have the ability to play at an elite level in big moments. It will be interesting to see if Elway has chosen competent coaches this time. The VJ years were BAD!

He has barely been "solid" one year in his entire career, and he certainly has not been an "effective" QB. His efficiency numbers are horrid year after year.
    I have yet to see anyone invested in him failing, just a few of us who havent changed our perception of his talent level since he's changed jerseys. He was a bottom 10 QB in January and nothing has changed since besides his team.
    Like stated, I have no issue with what Flacco said. We all know what kind of person he is so this should be no surprise.

We also know what kind of QB he is, so it should be not surprise when he is *again* among the league's worst and benched before the season's end.
    Just a small sample size but more than enough to see the pattern of how you feel about flacco, but i'm curious as to what you base this narrative of how bad he sucks off of? i don't see you providing any stats to back this claim up, so why don't i provide some for you...

Last season in 9 games before his injury he had 12 td - 6 int - 2465 yds - 379 attempts...those numbers would equal out over 16 games to be 21 td - 11 int - 4382 yds - 673 attemps, which averages to 42 per game & 273yds per game.

now what is most impressive about those numbers is the fact that would have been the 2nd most attempted passes in the league (ben had 675) & what that equals is a 1.6% int rate which was good for 6th in the nfl behind only rodgers, brees, ryan, smith & prescott.

this isn't speculation, those are cold hard facts...flacco doesn't turn the ball over like has been a problem in denver for 4 years running. flacco has 12 or fewer intercepitons in 8 of 11 seasons - last 4 years broncos qb's have 76 td - 71 int...flacco over the past 5 years has 91 td - 58 int but yet somehow that is below average or bottom of the league?

in 2016 whith siemian & lynch of 2 games it was 20 td - 11 int & what was our record? 9-7 just outside the playoffs. flaco can easily replicate that kind of season...turnovers have killed us recently but flacco won't be a turn over machine, he won't cost you the game.

i also see you say he barley had one good season his whole career? what? really?

2010 - 25 td - 10 int
    2012 - 22 td - 10 int
    2014 - 27 td - 14 int

these 3 seasons alone equal 74 td - 34 int...if that ain't good then damn i don't know what is.

nobody is claiming flacco to light it up with 40-50 td, he is no brady, brees, rodgers etc. etc. but my god dude he is not a bottom of the league qb either, but hey if you got something to refute any of the numbers i posted then have at it.

I remember Curtis Painter well. Peyton sure did mentor a winner there. Lol. Off season news and spins from East and West Coast news run rampant. This spin was the only possible way to find a negative in Joe's entire presser. Nothing to see there. Just some Pats reporter trying to cause dissention.

No issue here. He'll answer questions when asked but to be an active QB consultant(mentor) to the other QB's is beyond his job scope.

This thread should be moved to the "trash talk" section.................
    GO BRONCO'S !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tbrendal View Post
    This thread should be moved to the "trash talk" section.................
    I'm sorry the "talkin smak" section......
    GO BRONCO'S !!!!!