Kiszla: Why John Elway has done Vic Fangio no favors during new coach’s brief tenure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DwhitetheGamer
    Starter
    • Oct 2014

Kiszla: Why John Elway has done Vic Fangio no favors during new coach’s brief tenure

It’s a good thing the hair that hasn’t fallen out of Vic Fangio’s head turned gray long before he took a job in Broncos Country.

On mobile so if anyone can properly link this please do so. Anyways, these guys must really have all the optimism in the world if they think this team's gonna bottom out.
  • samparnell
    Soy Capitan Meshpoint
    • Nov 2007

Like everyone else, Kizla is entitled to his opinion except in his case it's published in Colorado's leading newspaper. I've not seen much in the past to indicate he understands football/football teams. He seems more like an opinionated, gossipy rumor monger. His unveiled biases preclude his ability to be an objective reporter.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• duhyaj
      Special Teams
      • Mar 2008

All this was, was hate filled drivel by a dude who apparently dislikes John. I don't mind reading actual facts that may point out some of John's mistakes, but not paying chris Harris, is not one of them. Harris is not worth 10 mil, let alone 15 mil a season. good riddance once he's gone.

john has the good of the team on his mind not just one player's ego. He held stiff with Von too, sure he paid him a ton, but not near what Von was asking for, if he had we would be in cap hell all for one player.

this piece was absolute garbage no facts just opinion and hate mongering...
      GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
      sigpic

Comment

• jdhdiggs
        Starter
        • Oct 2005

Remember his job isn't to accurately report on the Broncos but to get clicks from people to read his articles.

Comment

• Houshmazode
          The Mountaineer
          • Sep 2006

Kiszla is a steaming turd in the world of sports "reporting".
          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
          sigpic

Comment

• gtown53
            All-Pro
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            Like everyone else, Kizla is entitled to his opinion except in his case it's published in Colorado's leading newspaper. I've not seen much in the past to indicate he understands football/football teams. He seems more like an opinionated, gossipy rumor monger. His unveiled biases preclude his ability to be an objective reporter.
            Kiszla is very simply a "formula" Sports Writer. Every city has the "contrarian" Sports Writer who takes whatever is closest to home fan's hearts, and attacks it.. Denver has had many. Woody Paige played the roll for a while. Anybody remember TJ Simers? He had a stint in Denver, and there are many more. Reminds me of when Joe Williams joined Irv Brown on that early Sports Talk show. Remember when Joe was leading the charge to trade John Elway for Eric Dickerson? Several people on this Board would have backed that move in a heartbeat. Throwing a "hand grenade" into a discussiont stirs up people. Very similar to the Trolls who appear to have found safe haven on this board. It get's more Posts, more responses, and better ratings for this Message Board. And that (money) is what it's all about.

Comment

• Canmore
              Do. Do not...No Try!
              • May 2007

Originally posted by duhyaj View Post
              All this was, was hate filled drivel by a dude who apparently dislikes John. I don't mind reading actual facts that may point out some of John's mistakes, but not paying chris Harris, is not one of them. Harris is not worth 10 mil, let alone 15 mil a season. good riddance once he's gone.

john has the good of the team on his mind not just one player's ego. He held stiff with Von too, sure he paid him a ton, but not near what Von was asking for, if he had we would be in cap hell all for one player.

this piece was absolute garbage no facts just opinion and hate mongering...
              But how do you really feel?

So how much is Harris worth?
              sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

• dizzolve
                Orange Rush
                • Mar 2009

I don't see exactly how Elway has done Vic no favors ...... That's the main headline to be derived from all the points he made in his article? Smells like click bait

The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• colowoz
                  Bench Warmer
                  • Jan 2006

Ward was traded the year after the average fan watching Broncos games seen up close that he lost a step or two. Did this effect the defense the following year? Everyone has their own opinion.

Now, we face another situation with Chris Harris. Has he lost a step ? Don't think so. Do we need this pro-bowler in the secondary ? I believe so.

As for the article, maybe we need someone to create a controversy so a subject can be discussed in Forums. Personally Most writers just want to be recognized whether stories are true or just speculation, it;s all about the Headline.

If the money is there, why not? He does solidify the secondary and will make it an exciting season. Sometimes the Veteran has some intangibles that he brings to the team that far outshines one ego's.

Comment

• Tbrendal
                    Practice Squad
                    • Mar 2018

Kizla is a worm..................
                    GO BRONCO'S !!!!! :lombardi::lombardi::lombardi:

Comment

• Hadez
                      Football Immortal
                      • Nov 2004

I wish the article would have been posted here.

I feel dirty for even clicking the link now

What a horribly written piece of garbage that is obviously trying to paint a negative picture just to get clicks.

I may not click on another link for the website until that guy is gone.
                      What is Grit? - Angela Duckworth
                      effort x talent = skill
                      effort x skill = achievement
                      How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

• Saddletramp
                        Captain
                        • Nov 2005

Does everyone still fill the same now that we are 0-2 and most likely will be 0-3 after Green Bay?
                        [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                        Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Houshmazode
                          The Mountaineer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
                          Does everyone still fill the same now that we are 0-2 and most likely will be 0-3 after Green Bay?
                          I still stand by my comment.
                          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                          sigpic

Comment

• FL BRONCO
                            Traveling Mod
                            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
                            That Mark Kizla is an Elway Hate Mongerer who crawled out from underneath a rock just to see if he could make some money off of Elways name by spewing trash............ Yep , I still feel the same.
                            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Saddletramp
                              Captain
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                              That Mark Kizla is an Elway Hate Mongerer who crawled out from underneath a rock just to see if he could make some money off of Elways name by spewing trash............ Yep , I still feel the same.
                              *owes FL cp.....
                              [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                              Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Working...
                              X