Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

The future of the Broncos

How excited (or not excited) are you about the future of this team?

Personally Iím very excited about the direction that the team is going in. I look at our offense and we have 2 young RBs, 1 that looked great and another that showed flashes of being able to close out games and get tough yardage. At WR we have 3 young WRs in Sutton, Hamilton, and Patrick. Sutton flashed a lot last season, Patrick looked like he could be a solid 2nd WR, and while I think Hamilton was the most underwhelming of the 3 last season I think heís the most refined route runner and can benefit the most from better timing with the QB. At TE Noah Fant should at the least be a solid receiving threat that can pose matchup problems.

Add in a young QB that is going to grow with these skill position guys and you have the makings of an offense that can be a force. Throw in some consistency in that Scangerello if all things go well would likely be taking over for Fangio should his track record of not being in one place too long holds true and you can have a rare situation where you have a group of guys in one system for a long time. Keep plugging away at improving the oline and you have the makings of an elite offense for a long time.

On defense we have what looks to be an elite young pass rusher in Chubb that we can build around. If some guys around him can step up such as Yiadom, Simmons, Parks, Walker, Gotsis, and Hollins we could build a very solid defense. More depth at CB and some better talent at ILB will need to be added for sure but I think we have enough of our offense in place to address those positions.

Overall I love the direction the team is going in on paper especially with the renewed emphasis on drafting players that have played a lot in college and are high character guys. We may be a few years off but I think this ship will get turned around and become a perennial contender once again. Assuming Drew Lock pans out of course lol

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post

Personally I’m very excited about the direction that the team is going in. I look at our offense and we have 2 young RBs, 1 that looked great and another that showed flashes of being able to close out games and get tough yardage. At WR we have 3 young WRs in Sutton, Hamilton, and Patrick. Sutton flashed a lot last season, Patrick looked like he could be a solid 2nd WR, and while I think Hamilton was the most underwhelming of the 3 last season I think he’s the most refined route runner and can benefit the most from better timing with the QB. At TE Noah Fant should at the least be a solid receiving threat that can pose matchup problems.

Add in a young QB that is going to grow with these skill position guys and you have the makings of an offense that can be a force. Throw in some consistency in that Scangerello if all things go well would likely be taking over for Fangio should his track record of not being in one place too long holds true and you can have a rare situation where you have a group of guys in one system for a long time. Keep plugging away at improving the oline and you have the makings of an elite offense for a long time.

On defense we have what looks to be an elite young pass rusher in Chubb that we can build around. If some guys around him can step up such as Yiadom, Simmons, Parks, Walker, Gotsis, and Hollins we could build a very solid defense. More depth at CB and some better talent at ILB will need to be added for sure but I think we have enough of our offense in place to address those positions.

Overall I love the direction the team is going in on paper especially with the renewed emphasis on drafting players that have played a lot in college and are high character guys. We may be a few years off but I think this ship will get turned around and become a perennial contender once again. Assuming Drew Lock pans out of course lol

I share your sentiments. Overall I think the Broncos are silently building one of the better rosters in the division and the entire NFL. I think we are a year or two away but we are gonna turn some heads this year. I dont much believe in flacco but I think we did it right this year with Lock. 2nd round QB, no urgency to play, can learn behind a vet, solid young offensive talent around him. Much better situation today than 2-4 years ago with brock / trevor / lynch.
    Going on record saying I love our off season coaching hires.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    I need to see a season of play before I get excited about the teamís future.

The last two seasons started out strong, as far as wins and losses, only to end in disaster.

Thereís no track record with the current coaching staff to warrant excitement. There is reason for hope though.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!

I am 1000% more excited than I was last year. 250% over the changes in roster through free agency and draft, and 750% over the change in coaching and direction.
    ďNever argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.Ē

― Mark Twain

I will say it is funny though, I had similar thoughts when we had Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, and Royal all those years ago. Itís only fitting seeing as how much Lock was compared to Cutler coming out.

I am not sold on our wr spot. I worry we may not have a ligit 1.

I really like dymonte Thomas and Jamal Carter I expect them to flash at s

Just having better coaching excited me. With new coaches, it is like, now we have a future again! I also have high expectations for Flacco and our offense. Our defense still has talent but now has leadership from our coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post

Personally Iím very excited about the direction that the team is going in. I look at our offense and we have 2 young RBs, 1 that looked great and another that showed flashes of being able to close out games and get tough yardage. At WR we have 3 young WRs in Sutton, Hamilton, and Patrick. Sutton flashed a lot last season, Patrick looked like he could be a solid 2nd WR, and while I think Hamilton was the most underwhelming of the 3 last season I think heís the most refined route runner and can benefit the most from better timing with the QB. At TE Noah Fant should at the least be a solid receiving threat that can pose matchup problems.

I am really excited. The only thing that worries me is if any of these guys turn out to be even better than average they are all going to clamor for the biggest contract at their position, much like we are seeing all across the NFL right now and it keeps getting worse... Guys like CHJ wanting the benchmark contract when they are not the benchmark player, guys like Cousins setting that record cash deal, now every one behind him (specially better than him) are going to get even more and even more, to the point you are only going to be able to have one better than average player and the rest meh because of the crazy contracts.
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

I'm excited about everything everyone said. I concur about worrying that we do not have a legit #1 WR.. This is why we are still 2-3 years away. We'll need solid CB's and ILB along with that legit #1WR. Maybe Sutton will pan out. What I really like is Munchack and Risner.....juries out on our Tackles....I like the QB room as well. Cannot wait till Hall of Fame !!

Go Bronco's !!

I am still worried about a couple of things.

Bolles at Tackle has to be at the top of the list. Between Munchak and new personnel I expect us to be much improved. But gotta say my thoughts are more of moving Risner to one of the Tackle spots and moving Bolles inside to guard. But, Munchak makes me feel a lot better about working it out.

WR is a worry. Sanders injury is a worry, but if he comes back to form, he will be great. The rest of the recievers have some things to prove. Hopefully the new QB's will help, the change in Offensive philosophy and the experience behind them will help and they will make some leaps this year.

TE worries me. I like the Fant pick up. Past that our depth worries me. I liked what I saw out of Lacosse. I would have preferred to have signed him at a much lower price and let Jeff go. I know he showed a little last year, but in all the time here he has not shown enough on the field to warrant the new contract. Just my opinion. I know we like him cause he was a team captain, but I'd like to like him cause he shows up on the field consistently also. We have had injury issues with the depth at that position too. Again, hopefully, the qb change and coaching changes will go a long way here.

Corner worries me bit if Harris leaves, luckily I don't believe he will. I like the guys we have brought in, especially with some of the versatility. But I believe Harris is by far the best one we have and I think we could use his presence with the younger guys. if we keep him, then I think we are sitting nice in the secondary.

ILB is a worry, it just is. Hopefully between the coaches, the young talent, and the schemes we will be okay.

I don't think Flacco is a top qb in the league. Probably more like part of the bottom portion. But I think our qb situation this year is a lot better than last year. I also think by the start of the season, Hogan will not be in the top 3. I think at least Flacco can still throw the deep ball and stretch the field . He will do a much better job at reading the D's and prepping the O. I also think he will work much better in Rich's offense than he has in the last couple of years in the one's he has been in. That said, we will be hoping he can stay away from mistakes and manage the game so our D can do what they were designed to do imo. It will help that he will have an improved OL and hopefully an improved run game that was already doing well last year. All that said, he is simply a place holder until younger talent can gain experience and beat him out imo. I also like the younger qb's we picked up.

I Like our Defensive Front, I think we will be making some qbs nervous for good reason, I can't wait to see them in the new D in action.

Most of all I like the change in coaching and direction. I think we will do a much better job of disguising our D. I also think we will do a much better job at Oline and calling plays on offense period. Most of all I look forward to us planning and utilizing our players strengths much better and planning for that rather then asking players to do things that aren't really there strengths and then not understanding why its not working and they are frustrated. I am expecting mistakes to go down and players to know where each other are going to be. I also am very hopeful that we will stabilize a bit at coaching and qb which will go a long way and we can be drafting for players who will fit our system that is going to stay in place.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 05-21-2019 at 05:08 PM.
    ďNever argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.Ē

― Mark Twain

The future is bright. 2019 will likely be another 5 to 7 win year, but 2020 will be a marked improvement. With our young core, near 80m in cap space, potentially 4 top 75 picks in the draft, and hopefully Lock coming into his own and taking over for Flacco, we could be looking at a nice long stretch of 10+ win seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    I am not sold on our wr spot. I worry we may not have a ligit 1.

I really like dymonte Thomas and Jamal Carter I expect them to flash at s
    Depending on how things go, Jeudy or Shenalt may be a good fit for us

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Depending on how things go, Jeudy or Shenalt may be a good fit for us
    i also really like Shenault i think he would have been the best WR in the last few drafts. i feel he will be special in the nfl.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Iím actually kind of excited about the TE position. Iím high on Fant but I also think Fumagalli can do some damage behind him. If Butt can stay healthy then itís just an added bonus.

The future of the team goes with the QB... so it all depends on whether Lock can amount to something. If he becomes a top 10 QB, we could be in for some excitement.