Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Packers / Raiders Game Here!!!

The little ole 'Peg gets the 3rd preseason game, between The Packers and The Raiders, this August. Can't wait! I'll be buying a ticket for that one. I know, loads of you would not be interested, but to see all these NFL studs playing in the home stadium will be a blast! I am a pretty solid Packers fan, and I do look forward to seeing Gruden and all the other name players out there.

Thx NFL....you got this one right!!!

Should be fun seeing how our stadium will be reduced from 110 by 65 (yards), with an end zone that is 20 yards deep to 100 by 53.33, with a 10 yard deep end zone.

I know this is not a big story, and it's not about The Broncos, but I am quite happy to say that we got tickets for the game. Should be fun!!

I hope you have a great time Can. Make a big sign so we can see you on the broadcast!

Maybe you can chug a beer against Bakhtiari lol

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I hope you have a great time Can. Make a big sign so we can see you on the broadcast!

Maybe you can chug a beer against Bakhtiari lol
    Ha ha.....not sure that where we're sitting will be easy to see!!!

As for Bakhtiari, I think I can beat him with a 10 second start advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I know this is not a big story, and it's not about The Broncos, but I am quite happy to say that we got tickets for the game. Should be fun!!
    I hope the game is played in Green Bay so you can experience a historic field.

I have never been to Lambeau Field or Arrowhead Stadium but they're on my bucket list.

My goal is KC this year and Las Vegas the following year to see the Broncos beat the Raiders in their new forever home.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    I hope the game is played in Green Bay so you can experience a historic field.

I have never been to Lambeau Field or Arrowhead Stadium but they're on my bucket list.

My goal is KC this year and Las Vegas the following year to see the Broncos beat the Raiders in their new forever home.
    Sadly, it's being played right here in River City (Winnipeg). It's a very cool event for a Canadian city, our size, to land an NFL preseason game, and game 3 at that! It will be fun to see how our CFL stadium looks with NFL measurements.

And yes, I'd love to see a game in a historic stadium! I know a guy (from here) who often gets tickets for Lambeau games. Naturally, because of location, tons of folks from Winnipeg go to Viking games....many have season tickets. My only NFL experience so far is right smack in beautiful Denver!

So far the great initiative to land an NFL preseason game has been a bit messy. Ticket prices too high. Barely half sold with the game but 5 days away. Rodgers may not play, so that won't surprise me. Oh well.....likely to never happen here again. Wonder of AB will have a helmet???

I'm hearing about these ticket prices. Why would they be so high? It's like someone in a deli trying to get me to be their customer by offering me a small sample of cheese... for $59.95.

Tickets should've been cheap to showcase talent that probably won't be in the league. Or play the game in Greenland.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    I'm hearing about these ticket prices. Why would they be so high? It's like someone in a deli trying to get me to be their customer by offering me a small sample of cheese... for $59.95.

Tickets should've been cheap to showcase talent that probably won't be in the league. Or play the game in Greenland.
    Exactly! Folks from The 'Peg are bargain oriented. If not for my love for The NFL, I would not have bought my tickets as soon as I could. But we paid a pretty hefty price for ordinary tickets. Now they're dropping end zone tickets, but then what? There are a lot of unhappy campers, who are asking for a discount now that others are getting them. I resent that, the risk takers (the early buyers) get treated worse than the last minute folks.

Greenland....hmmmmm….trouble is, the field might just slide off the Island at the current rate of melting!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    So far the great initiative to land an NFL preseason game has been a bit messy. Ticket prices too high. Barely half sold with the game but 5 days away. Rodgers may not play, so that won't surprise me. Oh well.....likely to never happen here again. Wonder of AB will have a helmet???
    AB will have a helmet. As for the proper socks who knows!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    AB will have a helmet. As for the proper socks who knows!!!
    About time! Probably won't play here. Oh well. Actually looking forward to seeing a bunch of starters play a little. Pretty exciting hearing about the amount of money spent just to make this game NFL and Oakland style...as they are the home team.

Quite a disappointing situation! No Rodgers (apparently he was in town but nowhere to be seen tonight!), No Carr, loads of players not playing. Problem with the end zones, so they only played 80 yards, and no kickoffs. We left before the 4th Q, and at least avoided the rush.

Had they charged reasonable prices, they could have almost sold out....but the place was about half full from my guesstimate.

Very surprised that a 3rd preseason game would leave out so many starters!

^^^^^^

Further to...….the word used by most for last night is "debacle". Why bother entertaining folks from non NFL sites with these results? Last time it was a damaged field in Mexico, then it was another field situation. We paid good money as a city to see an inter squad game.

And in case folks aren't aware, this is basically all on The NFL, and very little to do with our city/management. The NFL, with Oakland as home team dictated and operated. Apparently the field was okayed the day before. So whatever happened was on them. As were the ticket prices, though the promoter might have had some role.

The No Fun League can boast all they want about their greatness, but they suck at times! Not that it matters to anyone else, but this fair city will not welcome The NFL back.

From what I read it looks like it was all on the local promoter...who didn’t set the field safely, left major issues until the last second, which forced the teams to make a decision about the players for their safety......although the raiders weren’t going to use starters... the packers said they were until they saw the field

Promoter John Graham, president of On Ice Entertainment Ltd. that was in charge of the field conversion, told The Canadian Press in a text message that he'd "like to wait" before making a comment.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers president and CEO Wade Miller was unavailable for comment.

I imagine there is a lot of finger pointing going on right now,,,
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich