Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 120

Thread: DeMarcus Walker

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,284
    Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    Here's Elway referencing Malik Jackson when talking about Demarcus Walker right after the draft:

    “You look at our defense and where our defense was two years ago,” Elway said Friday night, “and [Coach Vance Joseph] and I were talking about this, how effective we were when we had Malik inside and rushing inside. DeMarcus has that ability and will have that ability. That’s why we’re so excited about him.”

    https://milehighsports.com/second-ro...enver-lineman/
    So the switch was made necessary because of injury and not simply because VJ had an epiphany.

    Let’s just hope he finally justifies the excitement that Elway and VJ felt when they drafted him.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,913
    Andrew Mason names DeMarcus Walker as one of the ten players who stood out during the practices he observed. The other nine are: CB De'Vante Bausby; OLB Bradley Chubb; QB Joe Flacco; RB Royce Freeman; TE Austin Fort; TE Troy Fumagalli; S Will Parks; OLB Malik Reed; and, WR Courtland Sutton.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,021
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Andrew Mason names DeMarcus Walker as one of the ten players who stood out during the practices he observed. The other nine are: CB De'Vante Bausby; OLB Bradley Chubb; QB Joe Flacco; RB Royce Freeman; TE Austin Fort; TE Troy Fumagalli; S Will Parks; OLB Malik Reed; and, WR Courtland Sutton.
    Not to jump the gun but maybe Walker and Chubb can be what Wolfe and Miller have been since 2012!

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Not to jump the gun but maybe Walker and Chubb can be what Wolfe and Miller have been since 2012!
    It could happen. Add in other key players like Shelby Harris and Adam Gotsis along with newcomers DreMont Jones, Justin Hollins and Malik Reed, and the front seven starts looking more formidable with some decent depth provided by Zach Kerr, Dekoda Watson and Aaron Wallace.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,021
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    It could happen. Add in other key players like Shelby Harris and Adam Gotsis along with newcomers DreMont Jones, Justin Hollins and Malik Reed, and the front seven starts looking more formidable with some decent depth provided by Zach Kerr, Dekoda Watson and Aaron Wallace.
    I love how Wolfe occasionally blows up the guard and tackle allowing Miller to almost run free. Hoping Walker or Gotsis can do the same for Chubb.

    2015 I remember seeing Jackson and Wolfe doubled a lot, I want that again.

    Shelby should add quite a bit of push as well in fact Id like to see Gotsis beef up a bit and swap places with Shelby occasionally.

    Anyway here's a picture of a much lighter Demarcus Walker in 2017, dude is yoked but hopefully hes put on much more weight than in this photo. I blurred the background so we could get a clearer view.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 06-08-2019 at 08:09 PM.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    3,913
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    So the switch was made necessary because of injury and not simply because VJ had an epiphany.

    Let’s just hope he finally justifies the excitement that Elway and VJ felt when they drafted him.
    Yes. DeMarcus Walker was drafted as a DE for us. He was moved to OLB because we lost substantial depth at the position. Because of that move (and the necessary physical/mental process that he had to go through to get there) his rookie season was wasted. He was moved back to DE for his second year and had to go through a physical/mental process to accommodate the Broncos once again. After going through all of that, he had impact on limited snaps late in the year but wasn't given much playing time even though our season went into the toilet. I don't understand why he gets 'hate' around here since it was the Broncos that wasted two years of his career.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,013
    I think we put too much stock in a few plays made during garbage time. Walker might turn out to be a good player but a few stats don’t prove he was better than the guys in front of him.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    4,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I think we put too much stock in a few plays made during garbage time. Walker might turn out to be a good player but a few stats don’t prove he was better than the guys in front of him.
    The infinitesimally small number of stats used as proof that Walker is the victim of some wide-spread conspiracy of incompetence by the previous Coaching Staff to keep him off the field is, .......................... laughable. This team and new coaching staff values "versatility". Walker has shown that he doesn't have that (failed at OLB). If, however, this new coaching staff can get something out of the guy, then great. Notwithstanding "injuries", Dre'mont Jones may be the player who puts an end to Walker's career as a Bronco.

    Should be fun to watch!

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    3,913
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    The infinitesimally small number of stats used as proof that Walker is the victim of some wide-spread conspiracy of incompetence by the previous Coaching Staff to keep him off the field is, .......................... laughable. This team and new coaching staff values "versatility". Walker has shown that he doesn't have that (failed at OLB). If, however, this new coaching staff can get something out of the guy, then great. Notwithstanding "injuries", Dre'mont Jones may be the player who puts an end to Walker's career as a Bronco.

    Should be fun to watch!
    Nah, you're wrong about that. What Fangio would want out of him is a DL that can be effective at DE in base and DT in sub. That's the versatility the staff would value. and we don't know if he has that because the last coaching staff screwed up. You might as well give up the OLB nonsense with Walker.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,952
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    The infinitesimally small number of stats used as proof that Walker is the victim of some wide-spread conspiracy of incompetence by the previous Coaching Staff to keep him off the field is, .......................... laughable. This team and new coaching staff values "versatility". Walker has shown that he doesn't have that (failed at OLB). If, however, this new coaching staff can get something out of the guy, then great. Notwithstanding "injuries", Dre'mont Jones may be the player who puts an end to Walker's career as a Bronco.

    Should be fun to watch!
    Bad decisions aren’t conspiracies, they’re just bad decisions. Versatility in Fangio’s defense doesn’t mean being able to play DE and OLB. Walker didn’t have the speed or ability to bend around the edge as an OLB coming out of college. This should have been obvious to VJ and anyone who scouted Walker.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,021
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    The infinitesimally small number of stats used as proof that Walker is the victim of some wide-spread conspiracy of incompetence by the previous Coaching Staff to keep him off the field is, .......................... laughable. This team and new coaching staff values "versatility". Walker has shown that he doesn't have that (failed at OLB). If, however, this new coaching staff can get something out of the guy, then great. Notwithstanding "injuries", Dre'mont Jones may be the player who puts an end to Walker's career as a Bronco.

    Should be fun to watch!
    If the broncos shared your opinion, Walker wouldn’t be on the team right now.

    True he may not be very versatile if st all but he can be the plug in the middle making plays in the back field and that is all we’d need from him.

    If he didn’t have anything, he wouldn’t be on the team right now.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,514
    For a player to be kept on the 53 man roster while only playing as a one dimensional interior pass rusher and being inactive the majority of the time, he must be showing somebody something somewhere.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,021
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    For a player to be kept on the 53 man roster while only playing as a one dimensional interior pass rusher and being inactive the majority of the time, he must be showing somebody something somewhere.
    My point exactly!

    Walker just posted this to his IG this morning. He's definitely putting in the time to get better! Notice how he doesn't look all that big until you look at the guy standing next to him.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 06-11-2019 at 07:44 PM.
    Bradley Chubb has an Aaron Donald type ability to disrupt and wreck games!

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    4,228
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    For a player to be kept on the 53 man roster while only playing as a one dimensional interior pass rusher and being inactive the majority of the time, he must be showing somebody something somewhere.
    Really? Sounds to me like he has been hanging on by the "skin of his teeth". And look at that gut. The guy topped out with 18 reps in the Combine Bench Press. I've seen DBs do that. My guess is that he's still here for the same reason Osweiler stuck around so long. We gave a 2nd Round Draft choice for the guy.

    But, Walker still being on the team may represent some level of "hope". And where there's life, there's hope. Hopefully Vic Fangio can figure out a way to get the guy on the field!!!

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,952
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Really? Sounds to me like he has been hanging on by the "skin of his teeth". And look at that gut. The guy topped out with 18 reps in the Combine Bench Press. I've seen DBs do that. My guess is that he's still here for the same reason Osweiler stuck around so long. We gave a 2nd Round Draft choice for the guy.

    But, Walker still being on the team may represent some level of "hope". And where there's life, there's hope. Hopefully Vic Fangio can figure out a way to get the guy on the field!!!
    Sounds like you’re one of those people who have become "invested" in bad-mouthing DeMarcus Walker, one of the franchise’s 2nd round picks. Your comments insinuate that he will continue with lack of production, are based on a team coming off of 5-11 and 6-10 seasons. So, you really aren't going out on a limb with the negative comments. Instead of all the bad-mouthing, what would your solution look like? Would you keep or release him?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •