Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: DeMarcus Walker

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Hey, I'm just glad, and amused, that a guy for whom we traded a 4th Round Draft pick is now iving rent-free in your head to the point where you obsessively Post (TROLL) your unmitigated hate for the guy.

Ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I concur...it has become quite comical at this point

Perhaps somebody close to him has the hots for flacco & he just can't accept it ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    The kid is getting up there towards 300 pounds. He's not too small to be a 3-4 DE. Here's an interview with him from last year's training camp where he talks about the change from OLB to DE:

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...tural-position

Some excerpts:

Reporter: Do you feel like you're back to your natural position now?

Walker: I feel like I'm back, period.

Reporter: What's the difference, I mean what have you been able to do?

Walker: It's just my mindset, you know, buying in to what I got to do. Enjoying what I do. Just coming out here and just getting better.

Reporter: Your second season now. You feel like you're in a completely different spot?

Walker: Oh man, yeah. Yeah. I love where I'm at. Just got to keep performing. Every chance I get.

A lot of you don't want to hear this, but DeMarcus Walker got screwed over by the Denver Broncos. The coaching staff blew his rookie year on a failed experiment. He had to do the work to come back from that. Mentally and physically...and he did that. During his second year he wasn't given the snaps that he earned. If we had been in the midst of a playoff hunt late in the year, sure. No reason to upset the apple cart. But that's not where we were. We were spiraling into the depths of our division and should have been playing 'potential' guys to examine our roster. Guys like Walker who showed impact with limited snaps. Situations like this are what make me glad that VJ was fired. He needed to be.
    There were some things which I liked about VJ and others which just solidified that I knew he was not HC ready. The one ting I liked was that we saw an un-drafted guy like Lindsay rise through the ranks properly and earn playing time. This was a pleasant departure from what we saw this team do with Kyle Sloter and letting him walk despite having major questions at that position. I also saw it as growth from the days we saw CJ Anderson playing well as a UDFA, making the 53-Man roster but then getting little to no playing time.

Then the bad - we took a lighter DE and made him lose weight and play a position which he was not used to playing. Then we never bothered to bring him back into the rotation in his second year once we had him put back on the weight....what shocked me here is that Elway and others never bothered to step in and ask VJ to play some of the younger draft picks despite the team losing multiple games in a row. EVEN if it was just to see what we had as a team.

AS a poster mentioned above there was mention at one point where Walker and VJ were feuding....I have YET to find a specific mention of it but did find this article where the title suggests that Walker was in the doghouse no mention of why AND VJ kept spewing nonsense that the best guys will play and that based on who dressed that "D-Walk" was essentially not one of them. ALLL of this despite the fact that the Broncos have been starving for an interior rush since the 2015 season and our SB victory.

I hope Walker can prove these coaches wrong and that a guy sitting at 285 can be a force in the middle of the Defensive line. Based on VJ's comments and Vangio's less that committed response I wish Walker all of the best in the PS games. He'll need to wreak havoc IMO to make the 53-man roster.

DeMarcus Walker can play and why he was never actually given any time to show what he can do is beyond me. I will say this what limited amount of Time D.Walker was given he Produced ! So I can only hope that he makes the 53 Man Team and that D.Walker Tears it up this Year !

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    It does sound like heís keeping an open mind but at the same time it also sounds like this is it for him. If he doesnít play well or better than somebody this could be his last training camp.
    I think heíll play well enough to make the roster. Elway and Fangio should be looking beyond this season to replace Wolfe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I think he’ll play well enough to make the roster. Elway and Fangio should be looking beyond this season to replace Wolfe.
    Yeah. Wolfe and Gotsis both have contracts expiring after this season. They really do need to be smart about how they handle depth on the D-Line this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    I concur...it has become quite comical at this point

Perhaps somebody close to him has the hots for flacco & he just can't accept it ha ha!
    Or maybe he has the hots for Flacco and he cannot accept it?
    I can kind of see it.

Before the pads and hats go on and the hitting begins, there is no way to tell exactly how well a Lineman is doing. Until then it's like a long walk through. All that is accomplished is installation, the mental part. We won't have a clue about DeMarcus Walker until we see him in some preseason games.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Before the pads and hats go on and the hitting begins, there is no way to tell exactly how well a Lineman is doing. Until then it's like a long walk through. All that is accomplished is installation, the mental part. We won't have a clue about DeMarcus Walker until we see him in some preseason games.
    I'm anxious to see if a change in the Head Coach (with the same DL Coach, Kollar) has any affect on Walker. We have a little over 1/2 season with Walker at LB, and 1 1/2 years with Walker at DE. So, there isn't going to be a lot left to the imagination. The Coaching Staff already knows what they've got in Walker. And, we know that Walker failed with the LB experiment. That was made pretty clear. Walker has shown a lack of "versatility". But, it's only fair to put him at the position where he has the best chance to contribute, and see if he can compete with Dre'Mont Jones. I'll be shocked if we keep both players.

Should be fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by 15thebeast View Post
    Which is understandable, he played well in limited chances and wasnít given a fair chance. I hope him and Jones feature heavily this season getting after the QB
    Thatís a bold assumption considering you didnít know his day to day habits, and considering even Fangio noted that he likely matured. Guys donít get clock for being a high pick.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    When Walker came out, the options were: have him gain weight to play DE in a 3-4 defense or lose weight to play OLB.

I donít think it was necessarily a bad decision to go with the latter.

Weíll see if he does better as a lineman.
    As a pass rusher it was definitely a bad decision, I thought that then and itís more apparent now.

Walker was special because of his inside quickness and playing with leverage, but never had a great get off and doesnít have length. He would have been better utilized as solely a sub package interior rusher.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    I'll be shocked if we keep both players.
    I can see where youíre coming from if Walker doesnít show something, but if Walker shows out in training camp we will keep both. Jones is a lock.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    I can see where youíre coming from if Walker doesnít show something, but if Walker shows out in training camp we will keep both. Jones is a lock.
    Jones is definitely a lock!

I think under Fangio we are going to have two of the quickest inside ends in the league. So hopefully in the future we could be debating which player is faster on the inside.

The Broncos did keep 6 DL on their final roster last season, I suspect they will do the same this season, possible they keep 7? - They did keep 11 LBs. This is who is currently on the roster and considered a DL…

Adam Gotsis, Derek Wolfe, Shelby Harris, Zach Kerr, Demarcus Walker, Dremont Jones, Billy Winn, Deshawn Williams, Mike Purcell, Deyon Sizer.

Out of those players who would be the 6, maybe 7?
    For me, the first 6 would include Walker and Jones, I guess Winn has a chance to make the final roster but he did not play last season, probably due to the ACL injury in 2017 preseason game. He is also 30 years old now, I would think he is going to have a harder time making the roster than Walker will, unless Walker is terrible and Winn plays great.
    The comments I read/heard from Fangio seemed to be relatively positive.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    The Broncos did keep 6 DL on their final roster last season, I suspect they will do the same this season, possible they keep 7? - They did keep 11 LBs. This is who is currently on the roster and considered a DL…

Adam Gotsis, Derek Wolfe, Shelby Harris, Zach Kerr, Demarcus Walker, Dremont Jones, Billy Winn, Deshawn Williams, Mike Purcell, Deyon Sizer.

Out of those players who would be the 6, maybe 7?
    For me, the first 6 would include Walker and Jones, I guess Winn has a chance to make the final roster but he did not play last season, probably due to the ACL injury in 2017 preseason game. He is also 30 years old now, I would think he is going to have a harder time making the roster than Walker will, unless Walker is terrible and Winn plays great.
    The comments I read/heard from Fangio seemed to be relatively positive.
    If Winnís in shape he would be the only one capable of starting at NT.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    If Winnís in shape he would be the only one capable of starting at NT.
    Harris and Kerr should have NT locked down. i could also see Mike purcell surprised and gets Ps.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait