Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: DeMarcus Walker

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    That’s a bold assumption considering you didn’t know his day to day habits, and considering even Fangio noted that he likely matured. Guys don’t get clock for being a high pick.
    First he was asked to lose weight and play a position he has never played. Next he was asked to gain weight back and go back to position. When he did show up in limited snaps, he couldn't get more playing time and even when we were out of it and our younger guys should've been getting time I don't remember seeing a whole lot of him. I'd say it is hardly a bold assumption, to me its more of a logical observation imo.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 05-29-2019 at 03:43 PM.
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

― Mark Twain

As a pass rusher it was definitely a bad decision, I thought that then and it’s more apparent now.

Walker was special because of his inside quickness and playing with leverage, but never had a great get off and doesn’t have length. He would have been better utilized as solely a sub package interior rusher.
    I certainly agree with this.

― Mark Twain

I can see where you’re coming from if Walker doesn’t show something, but if Walker shows out in training camp we will keep both. Jones is a lock.
    I agree 100%. I think this is exactly how it is. I am also hoping for the latter. I will be ecstatic.

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    If Winn’s in shape he would be the only one capable of starting at NT.
    That depends on what the 0/1 tech is asked to do in Fangio's D. Is it to command a double and play two gaps, or is it to attack a certain gap determined by the call?

I'm surprised we didn't draft another defensive lineman, considering both Gotsis and Wolfe's contracts are up after 2019. Dre'mont Jones is almost a necessity to hit at the position. From what I've read though, Fangio is pleased with him and Jones is transitioning well with Kollar's coaching. DeMarcus Walker does need to show something at this point to prove he's worth the roster spot. So far it's hard to argue that with multiple coaches he hasn't found a way to crack to starting lineup speaks to him and not the coaching.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    That depends on what the 0/1 tech is asked to do in Fangio's D. Is it to command a double and play two gaps, or is it to attack a certain gap determined by the call?
    Is he versatile enough to play either or?

Not to be a Debbie downer but I’m not sure if any of our big guys are versatile enough so It just might come down to who is more willing to do what they’re asked

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Sam, I feel smart when I speak in uncertain generalities

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post

DeMarcus Walker does need to show something at this point to prove he's worth the roster spot. So far it's hard to argue that with multiple coaches he hasn't found a way to crack to starting lineup speaks to him and not the coaching.
    You think being forced to lose a ton of weight and play out of position in his rookie year

Then the next year being asked to put the weight on and learn his position at a nfl level

Had anything to do with it

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post

Not to be a Debbie downer but I’m not sure if any of our big guys are versatile enough so It just might come down to who is more willing to do what they’re asked
    I think Gotsis could bulk up a little more and be able to play both.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post

Interior D-Linemen who command a double usually aren't quick enough to get into and control a gap with the possibility of pursuit, unless they line up in a gap against regular O-Line splits.
    Good one gappers don't usually have enough lead in their butts to command a double.
    IDK if any D at any level plays both one-gap/spill and two-gap/funnel run D. There's more to it than the linemen. Since two gap is read-and-react, the Backers have more reads.
    One gap is simpler and more aggressive and better for defenses with a lot of team speed. One gap DCs will tell you the sideline never fails to make a stop.

I was excited about him his rookie year. The whole Lber experiment always seemed like a bad idea, but that’s Elway making more bad decisions.

I’m excited to see what he’s going to do at DE

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    I was excited about him his rookie year. The whole Lber experiment always seemed like a bad idea, but that’s Elway making more bad decisions.

I’m excited to see what he’s going to do at DE
    Imagine believing that Walker to OLB was a decision made by the GM.

Well what they need to do is make up their mind. Either he loses the weight and changes or keeps gaining weight for the benefit of the team.
    Ready for July There!

Quote Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
    Well what they need to do is make up their mind. Either he loses the weight and changes or keeps gaining weight for the benefit of the team.
    He’s back at DE/DT so he needs to sustain a heavier weight

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Imagine believing that Walker to OLB was a decision made by the GM.
    i heard it was a depth think with ray being injuried and ect.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait