Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: DeMarcus Walker

Quote Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
    Well what they need to do is make up their mind. Either he loses the weight and changes or keeps gaining weight for the benefit of the team.
    He already went through the process of putting the weight back on and spent, basically, a second rookie year learning his position last season. He showed impact in limited reps at DE. He's poised to either become a valued addition to the team or a busted draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    I was excited about him his rookie year. The whole Lber experiment always seemed like a bad idea, but thatís Elway making more bad decisions.

Iím excited to see what heís going to do at DE
    I absolutely believe John player a hand in the decision
    -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play [U]EVERY[/U] time on every drive[/COLOR][/B]. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

I was excited about him his rookie year. The whole Lber experiment always seemed like a bad idea, but thatís Elway making more bad decisions.

Iím excited to see what heís going to do at DE
    I know Mr Elway isnít your favorite person. But please show me what evidence u have that says that was Elways decision?

Just cause u wanna believe it doesnít make it true.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 06-05-2019 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I know Mr Elway isnít your favorite person. But please show me what evidence u have that says that was Elways decision?

It would be bad if he didnít, you think he just drafted Walker without a plan for him?

That would be worse than him having a hand in making him an OLB. He had an idea how he saw him being used in Denver before the draft.

Itís not like they drafted him and got him on the field and suddenly figured heíd be best at 3-4 olb based off a few practices. They had the guys measurables and tape for months.

Walker was drafted to be a DL...IN camp when we lost shane ray and shaq VJ moved him to LB. Not elway. Also, VJ made the stupid comment that he thought Walker looked like a LB coming out of college.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Walker was drafted to be a DL...IN camp when we lost shane ray and shaq VJ moved him to LB. Not elway. Also, VJ made the stupid comment that he thought Walker looked like a LB coming out of college.
    Youíre bonkers if you donít think Elway had s hand in him moving to OLB. Him and VJ for sure discussed it before the draft, which might be an additional reason Elway got him

Youíre bonkers if you donít think Elway had s hand in him moving to OLB. Him and VJ for sure discussed it before the draft, which might be an additional reason Elway got him
    Then why sign Kasim Edabali and give him more PT? Walker at OLB was a panicked contingency decision after losing Ray and Barrett. And Iím sure the logic went something like well heís quick for an interior pass rusher at 280, if he drops weight heíll be a quick edge rusher despite the fact that heís clearly not flexible enough to play the edge.

You’re bonkers if you don’t think Elway had s hand in him moving to OLB. Him and VJ for sure discussed it before the draft, which might be an additional reason Elway got him

Yeah, they didnt. Sorry.
    Nope.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Then why sign Kasim Edabali and give him more PT? Walker at OLB was a panicked contingency decision after losing Ray and Barrett. And Iím sure the logic went something like well heís quick for an interior pass rusher at 280, if he drops weight heíll be a quick edge rusher despite the fact that heís clearly not flexible enough to play the edge.
    Kasim has nothing to do with Walker. Iím not saying Shaq and Shane didnít contribute to Walker being moved. But you better believe it was in Johnís scouting report that he could play OLB in a 3-4.

There was no need to ďpanickĒ and experiment with Walker when they couldíve gotten someone off the street.

John most likely drafted him with the idea he was a tweener and he simply wasnít
    -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play [U]EVERY[/U] time on every drive[/COLOR][/B]. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Please provide a source with direct comments from Elway and/or VJ about their discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Please provide a source with direct comments from Elway and/or VJ about their discussion.
    I donít need to it should common sensley assumed
    -Bronco in UT

Helll of a post

Common sensley says link or it didn't happen.

Common sense would suggest the coaches make coaching decisions and the GM acquires personnel. This is not Jerry Jones or Al Davis we are talking about here. Elway has never had a hand in player decisions, so why would common sense dictate that Walker would be the one time he has?

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Common sense would suggest the coaches make coaching decisions and the GM acquires personnel. This is not Jerry Jones or Al Davis we are talking about here. Elway has never had a hand in player decisions, so why would common sense dictate that Walker would be the one time he has?
    GMs have an idea of how players are going to fit on a roster before they actually make it. If they didnít then they wouldnít be doing their job right

Your comments about Elwayís involvement were speculation, which would be fine if not spoken as fact.