• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • -Rod-
    #TeamBroncos
    • Mar 2008

2019 Fantasy Football Smackdown League

I'm creating this thread for the 2019 season of our fantasy league. Those who are returning for the 2019 season, please confirm in this thread.

01. Mean Machine - JvDub95 [league champion]
    02. Good Night QB's - dipablo
    03. Something or Another - beastlyskronk
    04. Going Long - broncos SB2010
    05. Sutton for Punishment - Spice 1
    06. johntbronco - johntbronco
    07. Hoover Doodoo Stain Remover - Houshmazode
    08. Salty Tear Swag - DevilSpawn
    09. We The North - CanDB
    10. Colossus of Rod - Rod
    11. Vonage A Chubb - ebsoria
    12. Vonstars - MarkB

These are the teams and owners from last season that I have based on the 2018 thread. If I have any wrong info such the incorrent team/owner association, please let me know in this thread. The numeric order above matches the final standings.

- Notes for the 2019 season:

. For now, the draft is scheduled for Tuesday, September 3 at 9 PM ET. Why? Because it matches the day of the week and the time we had the 2018 draft. This date is just a suggestion based on last year. If someone can't have the draft on this day, let me know.

. The IR slot is gone because it's been proven to be useless, especially since we don't have a keeper league. The current setup has 5 bench slots.

. Draft order: is anyone interested in a draft order like the NFL, based on the standings? First, we must know how many owners from the 2018 season will return. If everyone comes back, the NFL draft order might be an interesting idea for the 1st round, even though we'll keep the snake format for the other rounds [the owner of the #1 overall pick will pick last in the 2nd round].

If the owners are not interested in a predetermined draft order based on the standings, we must discuss a better way to randomize the order. I will not click on that 'randomize' option again since it not even changed my draft order. I was at the top of the order because I created the league, and after the program randomized the draft order I still had the #1 pick.

. Playoffs: last season, we had very condensed playoffs with only 4 teams competing in weeks 15 and 16. Do you want to keep it this way? It's possible to expand the playoff teams to 6, but the playoffs would start one week sooner, which means one less week of competition in the regular season. I think only 4 teams in the playoffs makes this league different from the official BCMB leagues and creates an extra difficulty with more intense competition, but we can expand the playoffs if the owners think there's less fun with 8 teams out of the playoffs.

. It looks like there will be no keepers for the 2019 season.

Let's get to work and put this league together. Last year's league was created by the end of July, so if we don't get an answer from the 12 owners until then, I'll start recruiting replacements. I think 2 months is a good period of time for the owners to check the forums and confirm they're in.
    Last edited by -Rod-; 05-29-2019, 12:17 PM.
    sigpic
  • -Rod-
    #TeamBroncos
    • Mar 2008

2019 Owners / Teams:

01. JvDub95 [league champion] - confirmed
    02. dipablo - confirmed
    03. beastlyskronk - confirmed
    04. broncos SB2010 / Going Long - confirmed
    05. Spice 1 - confirmed
    06. johntbronco
    07. Houshmazode - confirmed
    08. DevilSpawn / Flaming Romo- confirmed
    09. CanDB / We The North - confirmed
    10. Rod / Gridiron Academy- confirmed
    11. ebsoria
    12. MarkB
    Last edited by -Rod-; 05-29-2019, 12:25 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
      Football Immortal
      • Mar 2008

OK Rod...here goes:

1. I'm officially ready for another season! Count me in!!
      2. The draft date is perfect!
      3. As for draft order, I am not keen on going last to first, because it might not be a benefit to the teams lower down. In the NFL, you keep your position in each round, which is a huge benefit, whereas the snake format evens things out. If nothing else, I think we should approve of the last to first format for the following year...when none of us know where we stand.

Rod....are you saying you can not randomize at all, even same day? I am not clear on that, because this is how I thought BCMB leagues have been handled. Sorry, might just be my confusion.

4. I am cool with 4 teams in the playoffs. The longer season makes it fun for everyone.
      5. Not a fan of "the keeper". Definitely not this coming season. I think we had some good discussion on it, and my reasoning is that it may have altered decisions during last season. So I am very much against it this coming season. As I say, I am not a fan, now or in the future. I love the draft, and therefore I love having everyone available for the picking!

Hope that helps! Lets keep this momentum going!!

:thumb:
      Last edited by CanDB; 05-28-2019, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• -Rod-
        #TeamBroncos
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        OK Rod...here goes:
        Rod....are you saying you can not randomize at all, even same day? I am not clear on that, because this is how I thought BCMB leagues have been handled. Sorry, might just be my confusion.
        If I don't randomize or set the draft order, the league automatically randomizes the draft order 30 minutes before the draft. That's how it works in the official BCMB leagues. The downside is that owners don't know where they're picking until 30 minutes before the draft. Last year, the vast majority of the owners in our league wanted to have the draft order set well before the draft to start studying their options.
        sigpic

Comment

• Spice 1
          Football Immortal
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
          If I don't randomize or set the draft order, the league automatically randomizes the draft order 30 minutes before the draft. That's how it works in the official BCMB leagues. The downside is that owners don't know where they're picking until 30 minutes before the draft. Last year, the vast majority of the owners in our league wanted to have the draft order set well before the draft to start studying their options.
          Yeah, that sux.

I'm in.

I'm for the reverse draft order and 4 team playoff. I think the only reason we didn't have anything to play for at the end last year was just a fluke with the way the schedule played out at the end of the season.

Comment

• CanDB
            Football Immortal
            • Mar 2008

Got ya! I'm cool with finding out 30 minutes ahead.

Comment

• dipablo
              Protector of the Realm
              • Oct 2007

I am in!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Out of Order - BCMB Div I 2023 Champ | TD for Sutton - BCMB FF Smackdown

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                Football Immortal
                • Jun 2007

Count me in

Comment

• -Rod-
                  #TeamBroncos
                  • Mar 2008

I searched the 2018 thread and added the owners that confirmed their participation there [Spice 1, dipablo, JvDub95, broncos SB2010, DevilSpawn, Houshmazode, beastlykronk].

Only 3 owners left.
                  sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
                    Football Immortal
                    • Mar 2008

I searched the 2018 thread and added the owners that confirmed their participation there [Spice 1, dipablo, JvDub95, broncos SB2010, DevilSpawn, Houshmazode, beastlykronk].

Only 3 owners left.
                    Good stuff.....hey, I see that you can actually do mock drafts already!!! Might be a little too early.

Comment

• DevilSpawn
                      versus you
                      • Mar 2006

I'm in. For now please change my name to Flaming Romo. I'll think of a better name later.

Comment

• CanDB
                        Football Immortal
                        • Mar 2008

Interesting draft coming up. NFL.com has the top 10 as follows:

1. Barkley
                        2. Elliott
                        3. Kamara
                        4. McCaffrey
                        5. Gurley
                        6. Gordon
                        7. Bell
                        8. Hopkins
                        9. Adams
                        10. D Johnson

Means squat when we get down to business, because we have our favs and our roster strategies, plus the NFL "experts' are not always correct, nor can they foresee injury. But it's always fun to see how players are ranked....and this year has brought some mystery with trades, etc.

Comment

• JvDub95
                          Football Immortal
                          • Jan 2005

It's hard to repeat as champ but I think I'm up for the task LOL

​​​​

Comment

• -Rod-
                            #TeamBroncos
                            • Mar 2008

3 spots remain open / unconfirmed [see post #2]. I will wait until the end of July to hear from last year's owners before recruiting.
                            sigpic

Comment

• broncos SB2010
                              All-Time Great
                              • Apr 2008

I'm in. I'm ok with last to first. I would like to know my draft order ahead of time but ok either way.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X