Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

AFC West 2019 offseason grades: Broncos' shrewd offseason helps close gap on Chargers

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...argers-chiefs/

If singular offseasons automatically dictated records, the Denver Broncos would be as much of a contender for the AFC West crown as the reigning division champion Kansas City Chiefs and Los Angeles Chargers, who both won playoffs games a season ago while Denver went 6-10.
    No, the Broncos didn't have an all-time awesome offseason, but they had the most impressive team-building period of any team in the division,

and I don't think the gap was that wide other then coaching
    we split the dolts and should have split the chiefs if CK could have actually hit a wide open DT for the winning score

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...argers-chiefs/

If singular offseasons automatically dictated records, the Denver Broncos would be as much of a contender for the AFC West crown as the reigning division champion Kansas City Chiefs and Los Angeles Chargers, who both won playoffs games a season ago while Denver went 6-10.
    No, the Broncos didn't have an all-time awesome offseason, but they had the most impressive team-building period of any team in the division,

and I don't think the gap was that wide other then coaching
    we split the dolts and should have split the chiefs if CK could have actually hit a wide open DT for the winning score
    Right now Baphs is emailing the writer of this article to inform him Flacco is horrible and Rivers is way better.
    "Criticism is a privilege that you earn--it shouldn't be your opening move in an interaction."

We have as much talent on this roster as any other team. With guys like Lindsay, Jano, Fant, Fumagali, Sutton and ES we shouldnít have any trouble putting the points on the board and we have the defense to back us up.

That is what these trolls under the forum floor boards live in fear of every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    We have as much talent on this roster as any other team. With guys like Lindsay, Jano, Fant, Fumagali, Sutton and ES we shouldn’t have any trouble putting the points on the board and we have the defense to back us up.

That is what these trolls under the forum floor boards live in fear of every day!
    I'm unsure Jano's job is safe.

The 49ers used Juszczyk as a receiver too.
    He just earned a new contact with a '19 cap of 6M.

Maybe Denver transitions one of the four TEs on the team
    to FB?

Out of TEs:
    Heuerman (Balanced-ish) +
    Fant (receiver type) +
    Fumagalli (receiver type) +
    Butt (Balanced. Elway: top notch tight end.)

If Butt can stay healthy, he could replace Janovich
    to ensure we keep all four TEs with one playing a hybrid role.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post

to FB?

Out of TEs:
    Fant (receiver type) +

Jano isn't going anywhere.... His value isn't just on the offense, he's the Special Teams Captain last season. One of those TE's is on the outside looking in unfortunately. Butt can't stay healthy, so I see him possibly being on the losing end of this. Watching this play out is one of the more interesting story lines this off season in my opinion. If Fant was completely ready to take the full starting load, Heuerman would be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Jano isn't going anywhere.... His value isn't just on the offense, he's the Special Teams Captain last season. One of those TE's is on the outside looking in unfortunately. Butt can't stay healthy, so I see him possibly being on the losing end of this. Watching this play out is one of the more interesting story lines this off season in my opinion. If Fant was completely ready to take the full starting load, Heuerman would be gone.
    I understand Janovich is a fan favorite,
    but perhaps another player can pick up his ST duties
    (Malik Reed, Su'a Cravens or another roster bubble player)
    while one of the four TEs pick up his blocking duties on O.

Does anyone know if Janovich can catch and be a similar threat as Juszczyk?

I understand Janovich is a fan favorite,
    but perhaps another player can pick up his ST duties
    (Malik Reed, Su'a Cravens or another roster bubble player)
    while one of the four TEs pick up his blocking duties on O.

Does anyone know if Janovich can catch and be a similar threat as Juszczyk?
    It's not about fan favorite, he's not going anywhere. Those TE's are not going to line up in the backfield when they have a true FB that, yes, can catch the ball. He hasn't seen the field a whole lot due to the offense they ran the last couple years. He is an animal on ST. Reed nor Cravens will take that over either. Jano is a leader and he's a talent.

to FB?

Out of TEs:
    Fant (receiver type) +

there is no way in hell Butt could replace Jano at FB ...a 6'6" fullback ?

to FB?

Out of TEs:
    Fant (receiver type) +

i don't see it happening. i see Fumagali on his out looking taking butt can stay health. i think we bring 3. Javo is not only one of the best FB in the NFL. he is super valuble on special teams i am pretty sure he played on all of the units. he may actually be one of the FBs worth big moneys

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i don't see it happening. i see Fumagali on his out looking taking butt can stay health. i think we bring 3. Javo is not only one of the best FB in the NFL. he is super valuble on special teams i am pretty sure he played on all of the units. he may actually be one of the FBs worth big moneys
    Stackhouser: He hasn't seen the field a whole lot due to the offense they ran the last couple years.
    You (Kyousukeneko): Javo is not only one of the best FB in the NFL.

How can Janovich be one of the best when he rarely sees the field?

Apparently Andy Janovich has reached legend status.

Stackhouser: He hasn't seen the field a whole lot due to the offense they ran the last couple years.
    You (Kyousukeneko): Javo is not only one of the best FB in the NFL.

How can Janovich be one of the best when he rarely sees the field?

Apparently Andy Janovich has reached legend status.

He didn't see the field much..... I wouldn't say he's the best in the league, but being there are very few FB's used, he could be. You brought up college stats and his draft prospect to grade him?? Not sure why?? He has only been targeted 23 times on passes in Denver with 17 catches. That is 74% catching percent. He doesn't drop the ball. You also have to consider the QB's he's had the last 3 years. Thing is, with the plan to run the ball and use the personnel they have, he's going to be a bigger proponent in the offense this year in my opinion. The TE's they have are not an H-back style. You don't use a 6'5" to 6'7" guy back at FB. It would be cool if they tried to figure out how to use him like Daryl Johnston was used by Dallas back in the 90's..... That's a true H-back....

baps knows that his smack is weak an clueless so he avoids us

his penchant for crying about Elway, even though Elway as a GM has done more for our team than any GM in bolt history

his first cry was, manning is washed up, never be good again...soon followed by well he fell in your lap, as if Elway had nothing to do with convincing manning to come here

he followed that by well all Elway does is write big cap killing checks that will cripple the broncos for years,

when that didn't work out and we won a superbowl it was, well its because of wade, Elway assembling the defense and hiring wade had nothing to do with it
    and after manning retired and our HC kubiak was forced to quit, it then became well, Elway has done nothing...look!! he cries in his shrilly girlie voice...the team is bad and only getting worse

but quietly Elway had three solid drafts and one decent on since 2016

with starters
    Gotsis
    simmons
    Parks
    McGovern
    jano
    Bolles
    chubb
    Sutton
    Hamilton
    freeman/lindsey
    jewell
    fant
    risnar

quietly our oline went from
    okung
    Garcia
    paradis
    schofield
    Stephenson
    to the best oline we have had in a decade
    Bolles
    Risnar
    McGovern
    Leary
    J James coached by the best oline coach in the game

we have one of the best defensive coaches in the league as our HC he will get this defense back to the top again, two of the best pass rushers in the league, three Cbs in the top level of cornerbacks

we will again have the best rushing attack in the west with a better oline.
    a better qb, and yes Flacco is better than keenum by a long way...if you only judge a qb by his stats, disregarding team talent and makeup, coaching and scheme, then qbs like rivers would be sporting rings
    but im using the fact he still can play and has more starting experience than keenum, oz, siemian combined, with the best wrs and tes he has had in years, a solid run game and improved oline, I expect the qb play to be improved

I don't thing the talent level was below that of the charges or chiefs other than at QB, last year in DBs and the biggie, coaching...those issues are gone
    Last edited by arapaho; 06-04-2019 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    baps knows that his smack is weak an clueless so he avoids us

his penchant for crying about Elway, even though Elway as a GM has done more for our team than any GM in bolt history

his first cry was, manning is washed up, never be good again...soon followed by well he fell in your lap, as if Elway had nothing to do with convincing manning to come here

he followed that by well all Elway does is write big cap killing checks that will cripple the broncos for years,

when that didn't work out and we won a superbowl it was, well its because of wade, Elway assembling the defense and hiring wade had nothing to do with it
    and after manning retired and our HC kubiak was forced to quit, it then became well, Elway has done nothing...look!! he cries in his shrilly girlie voice...the team is bad and only getting worse

but quietly Elway had three solid drafts and one decent on since 2016

with starters
    Gotsis
    simmons
    Parks
    McGovern
    jano
    Bolles
    chubb
    Sutton
    Hamilton
    freeman/lindsey
    jewell
    fant
    risnar

quietly our oline went from
    okung
    Garcia
    paradis
    schofield
    Stephenson
    to the best oline we have had in a decade
    Bolles
    Risnar
    McGovern
    Leary
    J James coached by the best oline coach in the game

we have one of the best defensive coaches in the league as our HC he will get this defense back to the top again, two of the best pass rushers in the league, three Cbs in the top level of cornerbacks

we will again have the best rushing attack in the west with a better oline.
    a better qb, and yes Flacco is better than keenum by a long way...if you only judge a qb by his stats, disregarding team talent and makeup, coaching and scheme, then qbs like rivers would be sporting rings
    but im using the fact he still can play and has more starting experience than keenum, oz, siemian combined, with the best wrs and tes he has had in years, a solid run game and improved oline, I expect the qb play to be improved

I don't thing the talent level was below that of the charges or chiefs other than at QB, last year in DBs and the biggie, coaching...those issues are gone
    how many probowlers has elway drafted since von miller? very few of elways draft picks pans out and that has shown over time in the win/loss department. manning isn't here to make him look good anymore, that much was shown virtually over-night. the broncos wr's are nothing special, TE is an unknown rookie, no fly zone flew away to LA. flacco has been one of the worst QB's in the league over the last 5 years at least,

the chargers back up > joe flacco

elway is a buffoon, such an over-rated GM but then again ive been telling you this for years only for it to be proven time and time again.
    Last edited by baphamet; 06-04-2019 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    how many probowlers has elway drafted since von miller? very few of elways draft picks pans out and that has shown over time in the win/loss department. manning isn't here to make him look good anymore, that much was shown virtually over-night. the broncos wr's are nothing special, TE is an unknown rookie, no fly zone flew away to LA. flacco has been one of the worst QB's in the league over the last 5 years at least,

the chargers back up < joe flacco

elway is a bafoon, such an over-rated GM but then again ive been tellingn you this for years only for it to be proven time and time again.
    Heís not the best GM but like we have been telling you for years:
    5 AFC west titles
    2 conference championships
    1 Super Bowl title
    In 8 years puts him ahead of all the Charger GMs combined.
    "Criticism is a privilege that you earn--it shouldn't be your opening move in an interaction."

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    He’s not the best GM but like we have been telling you for years:
    5 AFC west titles
    2 conference championships
    1 Super Bowl title
    In 8 years puts him ahead of all the Charger GMs combined.
    yet look at his team now? one of the worst in the leauge. guess his "magic" is all gone then? magic.......or peyton manning, whatever you wanna call it.