Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    At least for the time being, Hill has been reinstated and the Chiefs are again the front runner in the AFCW.
    "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Clearly the NFL thinks KC is the only team remotely capable of knocking off the Pats - thus the no punishment finding. Had this been a Pats player, hed have been drawn and quartered. The NFL really is a joke regarding punishment.

Now a serious thought

Getting Hill back is a significant boost for KC. I still feel theyll slip slightly and end up 10-6/11-5.

Have got to wonder if KC will attempt to retain Hill, or trade him. Im guessing theyll keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    Clearly the NFL thinks KC is the only team remotely capable of knocking off the Pats - thus the no punishment finding. Had this been a Pats player, hed have been drawn and quartered. The NFL really is a joke regarding punishment.

Now a serious thought

Getting Hill back is a significant boost for KC. I still feel theyll slip slightly and end up 10-6/11-5.

Have got to wonder if KC will attempt to retain Hill, or trade him. Im guessing theyll keep him.
    that's a really good question. they were about to make him a very rich man before all of this happened now you have to wonder if they are willing to give the same contract to a guy who now has a strike against him, even if the league didn't pursue punishment. It's out there that he is abusive to children and women in the past, he will likely see a longtime ban if something like this comes out again in his career.
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    Pretending that Patrick Maholmes is anything but extraordinary is denial. He's going to light this division up for a long time. Buckle up, Broncos fans... your fandom will be tested over the next 15-20 years unless we pick up a HoF QB ourselves to compete.
    Right now Maholmes "IS" extraordinary but I don't think he's HoF material today based on a superb 2nd year (2017 really doesn't count) and 15-20 years is a very long time. I agree he will most likely light-up a lot of teams in the future and like all outstanding players he must stay healthy. Also, will he be a Chief for the next 15-20 years?

Thank God he doesn't play for the Raiders or Chargers...yet.
    Utah Bronco Freak

He's going to take a big step back this year regardless. Even if he has a great year and throws 35 touchdowns (only 4 QBs threw 35 or more last year) that's 105 points less than last year. So a great year means they take a step back.

And just to show I'm not cherry picking stats: no QBs threw for 35 or more TDs in 2017. 3 QBs threw for 35 or more in 2016. 5 threw for 35 or are in 2015 (Brady threw for 36 and then 4 threw for 35), In 2014 there were 3 QBs that threw for 35 or more TDs.

So whether he has Hill or not, Kelce or not, it's inevitable that he will not meet last year's numbers and that team will suffer without those points, because they need to outscore their problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    Pretending that Patrick Maholmes is anything but extraordinary is denial. He's going to light this division up for a long time. Buckle up, Broncos fans... your fandom will be tested over the next 15-20 years unless we pick up a HoF QB ourselves to compete.

This is a little over the top. Perhaps we should wait for him to have a second season as a starter before we declare him one of the greats? He absolutely had a great season last year, but until he does it over any length of time we have no idea if he was a QB who excelled in a QB friendly system? A QB who excelled with weapons around him? Or a QB that is truly going to be a great QB.

A terrific season for a QB is 35 touchdowns, that's 15 less than he had last year. That's a big drop, and if he regresses to just a great season we need to see how he reacts to the media asking what's wrong with him and the Chefs? And we need to see how he reacts if the fans get a little upset about it.

And of course he needs to prove he can win in the playoffs, with Andy Reid as his HC I don't like his chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post

Now a serious thought

I know its hard for you ego driven cheating maniacs but just try to understand that this has nothing to do with your little pansies up in foxboro/planet ass.

Not every thing is about you...

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    he needs to prove he can win in the playoffs, with Andy Reid as his HC I don't like his chances.
    At this point Im willing to assume that Reid is more of a detriment to the Chiefs than he would be good. However the Chiefs will stubbornly keep Reid around for another 8-10 years thus hurting Mahomes career more than anything.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 07-19-2019 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I know it’s hard for you ego driven cheating maniacs but just try to understand that this has nothing to do with your little pansies up in foxboro/planet ass.

Not every thing is about you...

At this point I’m willing to assume that Reid is more of a detriment to the Chiefs than he would be good. However the Chiefs will stubbornly keep Reid around for another 8-10 years thus hurting Mahomes career more than anything.
    I fully agree. I thought they should have fired Reid after the 2017 season. Playing the Titans at home, in a game where you're clearly better and leading 21-3 at the half and they lose 22-21. That's inexcusable.

I'm not sure what more people need to see from Reid to realize that he'll never be a guy who can push a team over the top? It's almost like the Chefs are scared to fire him because Todd Haley was a bad coach and they're scared of going back to that. As if they think it's all or nothing.

hill dodged a bullet this time but he's going to screw up again, he's that type of idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    hill dodged a bullet this time but he's going to screw up again, he's that type of idiot.
    100% agree. And it sounds like the NFL while not suspending him laid out a very strict path that he needs to follow, I'm sure it's not a matter of IF but WHEN he will do something stupid again.