Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: No Fly Zone 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The No Fly Zone is dead. It was a historically good D, but much like the other historically great D's the nickname is in reference to a period in time, not a catchall for all Broncos defenses.

Add to that from everything I've read the D is much more about 6-7 guys defending rather than just the DBs.
    So I guess we can forget about calling Sutton, Hamilton, and Sanders, "The Three Amigos".

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    So I guess we can forget about calling Sutton, Hamilton, and Sanders, "The Three Amigos".
    Well the reference is rather dated. Not sure how many current fans know the 30+ year old movie, nor that the Broncos that had a stable of receivers that were then given that nickname?

But nicknames are generally retired after those players move on, such as: The Purple People Eaters, The Steel Curtain, Big Blue Wrecking Crew, New York Sack Exchange, the Dirty Birds, the Electric Company, Doomsday Defence, Gang Green, the Hogs, Monsters of the Midway, Legion of Boom, Miami Pound Machine, the Triplets, etc.

All of these teams fans managed to move on and didn't resort to the "Purple People Eaters 2.0" I think it's time Denver fans moved on. Time to come up with a new nickname.

Well the reference is rather dated. Not sure how many current fans know the 30+ year old movie, nor that the Broncos that had a stable of receivers that were then given that nickname?

But nicknames are generally retired after those players move on, such as: The Purple People Eaters, The Steel Curtain, Big Blue Wrecking Crew, New York Sack Exchange, the Dirty Birds, the Electric Company, Doomsday Defence, Gang Green, the Hogs, Monsters of the Midway, Legion of Boom, Miami Pound Machine, the Triplets, etc.

All of these teams fans managed to move on and didn't resort to the "Purple People Eaters 2.0" I think it's time Denver fans moved on. Time to come up with a new nickname.
    Dont forget the Orange Crush !

Quote Originally Posted by MH Stampede View Post
    Dont forget the Orange Crush !
    I thought about including that one, but didn't because it has gone and comeback a few times over the years. Much like the Monsters of the Midway. I think Orange Crush stands up better than No Fly Zone because of the style of defence that the Broncos are moving to.

Man...I wasn't trying to create a new nickname...just saying that it is great to read an article about having 3 of the top 10 slot corner defenders on our team and how our D is shaping out. 2.0 was just saying, hey look our secondary on paper looks awesome, let's hope they can live up to it.

Mods change the thread post to Secondary on paper looks good...or something else, please...LOL

If we are going with nicknames, I'd have to go with

The 2019-2020 Superbowl Champion Denver Broncos

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    If we are going with nicknames, I'd have to go with

The 2019-2020 Superbowl Champion Denver Broncos
    The NFL doesn’t hyphenate its seasons. They would be the 2019 Super Bowl champions.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.