Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 154
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,719
    I just hope Gallup has a quiet night tonight. This game could be pivotal for me this season, a loss might be a nail in the coffin but a win and Iím still within reach of clawing myself out of this hole.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    32,765
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I got destroyed by Johnthebronco and he doesn't even run his team! Lol, serves me right for complaining about it earlier in the season.
    True that.....at least I got kicked by a full team. You know the deal, you are competitive one week, and then every time you look, the opponent's team racks up TDs!!!

    Still hurts, but against a full team it's easier to swallow I suppose.

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    32,765
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I got destroyed by Johnthebronco and he doesn't even run his team! Lol, serves me right for complaining about it earlier in the season.
    One more thing pal. I know you are a good dude, so this is not about you. But I thought about the thing you mention..."complaining" when a player does not seem to be playing. I wondered, do some of these folks complain on one hand, but look forward to playing against the same player (and fail to complain prior to)???

    You clearly are not one, given who you are, and the fact you just made light of it.

    Same goes for some folks who question some trades early in the season. I understand the concern late in the season, when one team has nothing to lose, but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder early on. And I don't remember those folks questioning why someone made a "so called" poor draft pick. Should we stop the draft and advise them to pick a better player???

    Sure, we all want a competitive league, with players playing the right way. BUT these things seem like players who want it their way.
    Last edited by CanDB; 11-04-2019 at 12:49 PM.

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburg, KS :(
    Posts
    3,302
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I just hope Gallup has a quiet night tonight. This game could be pivotal for me this season, a loss might be a nail in the coffin but a win and I’m still within reach of clawing myself out of this hole.
    GOOO Gallup! My hole is deeper but I am still going to try to crawl out as far as I can before the end of the season. I can't believe I still have a chance to win this week after the abysmal play by Rodgers and my RBs.

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,719
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    GOOO Gallup! My hole is deeper but I am still going to try to crawl out as far as I can before the end of the season. I can't believe I still have a chance to win this week after the abysmal play by Rodgers and my RBs.
    Great game, I donít think Iíve ever seen such a narrow margin of victory

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburg, KS :(
    Posts
    3,302
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Great game, I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a narrow margin of victory
    In another league last season I lost 3 games, accumulated total of less than 1 point. Oh well, there were 3 other players that should've done a lot better and they failed me. A .12 point loss with my W/L record is almost like a win... not really, in fact it might be worse. Good game!

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    32,765
    This full point PPR makes my other "standard" league look turtle speed!

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,984
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    One more thing pal. I know you are a good dude, so this is not about you. But I thought about the thing you mention..."complaining" when a player does not seem to be playing. I wondered, do some of these folks complain on one hand, but look forward to playing against the same player (and fail to complain prior to)???

    You clearly are not one, given who you are, and the fact you just made light of it.

    Same goes for some folks who question some trades early in the season. I understand the concern late in the season, when one team has nothing to lose, but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder early on. And I don't remember those folks questioning why someone made a "so called" poor draft pick. Should we stop the draft and advise them to pick a better player???

    Sure, we all want a competitive league, with players playing the right way. BUT these things seem like players who want it their way.
    I personally think if you commit to something then you should see it through! Granted this is just fantasy football & in John's situation it could be something going on that is serious so I would completely understand. But if you just blow it off then why bother signing up at all?

    I don't feel bad about losing to John at all because my QB was injured early in the first quarter & I had the leagues #1 TE, and WR out this week to the bye. Plus the Saints defense.

    My byes are pretty much over, and both AJ Green, and Kareem Hunt are returning to football.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    32,765
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I personally think if you commit to something then you should see it through! Granted this is just fantasy football & in John's situation it could be something going on that is serious so I would completely understand. But if you just blow it off then why bother signing up at all?

    I don't feel bad about losing to John at all because my QB was injured early in the first quarter & I had the leagues #1 TE, and WR out this week to the bye. Plus the Saints defense.

    My byes are pretty much over, and both AJ Green, and Kareem Hunt are returning to football.
    Are you saying you are a team to reckon with???!!

    OK pal....are you looking for a trade soon - Chubb/Hunt??

    FTR....you have a ton of talent!

    (Look me up if you are looking for a QB, although you might be happy with the dude you have)
    Last edited by CanDB; 11-05-2019 at 11:58 AM.

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,984
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Are you saying you are a team to reckon with???!!

    OK pal....are you looking for a trade soon - Chubb/Hunt??

    FTR....you have a ton of talent!

    (Look me up if you are looking for a QB, although you might be happy with the dude you have)
    I like my team but only 4 get in, and this league is competitive. I could easily miss the playoffs.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    32,765
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I like my team but only 4 get in, and this league is competitive. I could easily miss the playoffs.
    You are right about that.....this is a competitive league. I am doing well so far, but I have no idea if I will make it to the playoffs.

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,036
    My team has the most points scored and Iím most likely gonna miss the playoffs, nice work ganging up on me guys!

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    5,944
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    My team has the most points scored and I’m most likely gonna miss the playoffs, nice work ganging up on me guys!
    I always seem to have my best games against you.... that's when my team steps up

    Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    32,765
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    My team has the most points scored and I’m most likely gonna miss the playoffs, nice work ganging up on me guys!
    I will admit, that's one of the few drawbacks with FF.....you could be a really good team and still lose more than you should. I think I missed the playoffs one year, but had the most points scored in the league.

    Having said that, if you had a couple of huge point games, that does not make you the best team. In theory, after 14 games, if you are near the top of the scoring you should be near the top of the league. BUT...we can not control our opponents.

    Then again, I guess the goal is to win each game you play, whether you win with a low score or a high one. And to maximize what your lineup offers. Small but smart decisions can win games.
    Last edited by CanDB; 11-07-2019 at 08:11 AM.

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,036
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I will admit, that's one of the few drawbacks with FF.....you could be a really good team and still lose more than you should. I think I missed the playoffs one year, but had the most points scored in the league.

    Having said that, if you had a couple of huge point games, that does not make you the best team. In theory, after 14 games, if you are near the top of the scoring you should be near the top of the league. BUT...we can not control our opponents.

    Then again, I guess the goal is to win each game you play, whether you win with a low score or a high one. And to maximize what your lineup offers. Small but smart decisions can win games.
    well i also have the most points scored against me so there's that.

    it is what it is, that's a part of the game and i have definitely been on the other side of that as well, winning games but not scoring a ton of points. one thing is for sure, i plan on playing spoiler if nothing else. I do still have a chance but my luck needs to change pretty fast.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •