Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trent williams

Give him another year under Munchak. If GB can't improve with these coaches then we start looking at alternatives.

A big PASS on Williams. I'd rather give Bolles this year and if he's not the answer, the 2020 draft is considered OT deep. Keep building the line through the draft. Walker Little is a name to keep an eye on.

If the interior can hold their ground and anchor our OTs will look a lot better. A clean pocket can negate a speed rusher. Obviously Bolles and James need to play well but a QB being able to climb the pocket is a must have

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    1.) We don't have the cap space to pay him.

2.) Let's not give up on Bolles. Let's see if he can clean up his mental lapses under Munchak.
    Roughly 3M of the avaialble cap went to Harris
    leaving the Broncos with: $5,674,788 (Sportrac)

The odds are going forward if Denver needs to replace a player, the acquiring player most likely will have a lower star rating (low cap) or a player who accepts a team friendly deal as Chris Harris did.

Maybe Michael Schofield is available? lol

If we had the cap room I think this would be a legit possibility.

Williams is an elite LT when healthy. A move like this would remind me of when the Eagles traded for Jason Peters. Yes you're giving up draft capital but if you have the chance to get an elite tackle and can fit him in the salary cap it's something you seriously consider.

Bolles hasn't shown much to comfort me out there and while Munchak could bring the best out of him it's not a sure thing that he will lock down the blind side.

Given the cap considerations this is unlikely but it's only because of the cap that we aren't seriously considering this.

Anyone know how the LT position is looking in next year's draft?

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Not off the top of my head but I don't think it is the strongest. I remember thinking the strength of this next draft is qb and wr

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Great question however things are looking bleak.

I don’t know how many of you listen to 104.3 the fan but they had Emmanuel Sanders on again on weds. He said and I quote “Dalton Risner was a stud in mini camp. Kid can play”!!!!

When Tom Nalen ask about Garrett Bolles, Sanders said “Bollesie has a lot to work on... He lead the league in holding penalties for left tackles”.

Unless Munchak can work miracles, we may see the same amount of penalties from Bolles this season!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Great question however things are looking bleak.

I don’t know how many of you listen to 104.3 the fan but they had Emmanuel Sanders on again on weds. He said and I quote “Dalton Risner was a stud in mini camp. Kid can play”!!!!

When Tom Nalen ask about Garrett Bolles, Sanders said “Bollesie has a lot to work on... He lead the league in holding penalties for left tackles”.

Unless Munchak can work miracles, we may see the same amount of penalties from Bolles this season!
    It's an interesting insight, but there's no real contact in the offseason so it's tough to tell who really looks good on either line. But judging off of his past Bolles definitely has work to do.

Speaking of OTs getting penalties ... Trent Williams had 7 holding calls (Bolles did have 9) and also had 2 Illegal block above the waist, 3 false starts. He was flagged 12 times (same as Bolles).
    Bolles certainly needs to get better this season or changes should be coming at LT. Offensive holding is a very subjective call for an official to make, I can remember Bolles getting at least 2 holding calls last season that almost never get called, he has a reputation for holding and I think that maybe he has the attention of the officials because of his reputation. There are 8 OTs with as many or more penalties than Bolles, sometimes it sounds like Bolles is the most penalized OT in the league; he is not.

I'm not taking PFF as gospel but this article is encouraging regarding Bolles and his improvement.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...o-hope-in-2019

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I'm not taking PFF as gospel but this article is encouraging regarding Bolles and his improvement.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...o-hope-in-2019
    Great article!

Not sure why people are so quick to write off Bolles. He's definitely serviceable. I think he could get to really good now that we have Munchak coaching him.

I certainly wouldn't jettison him to get an injury-prone 31-year-old who wants a new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    Great article!

Not sure why people are so quick to write off Bolles. He's definitely serviceable. I think he could get to really good now that we have Munchak coaching him.

I certainly wouldn't jettison him to get an injury-prone 31-year-old who wants a new contract.
    Bolles has proven to be a below average. if he steps up this season then i wont care but he came into the nfl late. and has been hard to coach. he has had stuff that should be taught when he is first starting Football he still messes up on. i am not sure the coaching is the issue or every coach he has been with is trash.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

We have zero chance in getting Trent. But I’d give up Bolles, Wolfe, and picks to get Trent. Free up cap space and the position.