Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37

Thread: Trent williams

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    400
    Give him another year under Munchak. If GB can't improve with these coaches then we start looking at alternatives.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    962
    A big PASS on Williams. I'd rather give Bolles this year and if he's not the answer, the 2020 draft is considered OT deep. Keep building the line through the draft. Walker Little is a name to keep an eye on.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,653
    If the interior can hold their ground and anchor our OTs will look a lot better. A clean pocket can negate a speed rusher. Obviously Bolles and James need to play well but a QB being able to climb the pocket is a must have

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,363
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    1.) We don't have the cap space to pay him.

    2.) Let's not give up on Bolles. Let's see if he can clean up his mental lapses under Munchak.
    Roughly 3M of the avaialble cap went to Harris
    leaving the Broncos with: $5,674,788 (Sportrac)

    The odds are going forward if Denver needs to replace a player, the acquiring player most likely will have a lower star rating (low cap) or a player who accepts a team friendly deal as Chris Harris did.

    Maybe Michael Schofield is available? lol

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    B-more, not less
    Posts
    4,981
    If we had the cap room I think this would be a legit possibility.

    Williams is an elite LT when healthy. A move like this would remind me of when the Eagles traded for Jason Peters. Yes you're giving up draft capital but if you have the chance to get an elite tackle and can fit him in the salary cap it's something you seriously consider.

    Bolles hasn't shown much to comfort me out there and while Munchak could bring the best out of him it's not a sure thing that he will lock down the blind side.

    Given the cap considerations this is unlikely but it's only because of the cap that we aren't seriously considering this.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,926
    Anyone know how the LT position is looking in next year's draft?

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    7,743
    Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Anyone know how the LT position is looking in next year's draft?
    Not off the top of my head but I don't think it is the strongest. I remember thinking the strength of this next draft is qb and wr

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,278
    Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Anyone know how the LT position is looking in next year's draft?
    Great question however things are looking bleak.

    I don’t know how many of you listen to 104.3 the fan but they had Emmanuel Sanders on again on weds. He said and I quote “Dalton Risner was a stud in mini camp. Kid can play”!!!!

    When Tom Nalen ask about Garrett Bolles, Sanders said “Bollesie has a lot to work on... He lead the league in holding penalties for left tackles”.

    Unless Munchak can work miracles, we may see the same amount of penalties from Bolles this season!

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Great question however things are looking bleak.

    I don’t know how many of you listen to 104.3 the fan but they had Emmanuel Sanders on again on weds. He said and I quote “Dalton Risner was a stud in mini camp. Kid can play”!!!!

    When Tom Nalen ask about Garrett Bolles, Sanders said “Bollesie has a lot to work on... He lead the league in holding penalties for left tackles”.

    Unless Munchak can work miracles, we may see the same amount of penalties from Bolles this season!
    It's an interesting insight, but there's no real contact in the offseason so it's tough to tell who really looks good on either line. But judging off of his past Bolles definitely has work to do.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburg, KS :(
    Posts
    3,291
    Speaking of OTs getting penalties ... Trent Williams had 7 holding calls (Bolles did have 9) and also had 2 Illegal block above the waist, 3 false starts. He was flagged 12 times (same as Bolles).
    Bolles certainly needs to get better this season or changes should be coming at LT. Offensive holding is a very subjective call for an official to make, I can remember Bolles getting at least 2 holding calls last season that almost never get called, he has a reputation for holding and I think that maybe he has the attention of the officials because of his reputation. There are 8 OTs with as many or more penalties than Bolles, sometimes it sounds like Bolles is the most penalized OT in the league; he is not.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,272
    I'm not taking PFF as gospel but this article is encouraging regarding Bolles and his improvement.

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...o-hope-in-2019

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I'm not taking PFF as gospel but this article is encouraging regarding Bolles and his improvement.

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...o-hope-in-2019
    Great article!

    Not sure why people are so quick to write off Bolles. He's definitely serviceable. I think he could get to really good now that we have Munchak coaching him.

    I certainly wouldn't jettison him to get an injury-prone 31-year-old who wants a new contract.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    7,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    Great article!

    Not sure why people are so quick to write off Bolles. He's definitely serviceable. I think he could get to really good now that we have Munchak coaching him.

    I certainly wouldn't jettison him to get an injury-prone 31-year-old who wants a new contract.
    Bolles has proven to be a below average. if he steps up this season then i wont care but he came into the nfl late. and has been hard to coach. he has had stuff that should be taught when he is first starting Football he still messes up on. i am not sure the coaching is the issue or every coach he has been with is trash.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    725

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,650
    We have zero chance in getting Trent. But I’d give up Bolles, Wolfe, and picks to get Trent. Free up cap space and the position.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •