X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gerontion
    Playmaker
    • Feb 2014

Pat McAfee is funny as hell. If you haven't watched his announcement of one of the Colts' 2019 draft picks, take a look.

Former punter, Pat McAfee, trolls the Tennessee Titans while announcing the Colts third round pick at the 2019 NFL Draft.Watch full games with NFL Game Pass:...

Comment

• MarshallMoss
      Special Teams
      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
      Pat McAfee is funny as hell. If you haven't watched his announcement of one of the Colts' 2019 draft picks, take a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHRjLDfkBy0
      I missed that. Freakin hilarious.

I did see Reggie Wayne though...man the Colts announcers were fired up for their team.

I was just happy to see Al Wilson
      "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

Comment

• Sam_Z
        Banned User
        • Dec 2004

Does anyone have the link to the Peyton’s place trailer? That was hilarious

Comment

• EvertonBroncos
          All-Pro
          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by gerontion View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHRjLDfkBy0
          Best draft announcement since Drew Pearson nearly caused a riot in Philly!

Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

• MarshallMoss
            Special Teams
            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by EvertonBroncos View Post
            Best draft announcement since Drew Pearson nearly caused a riot in Philly!

Oh man...I forgot about that one...hilarious.

What past Bronco do you think could rile up a crowd like that?

I'm thinking Shannon Sharpe next year in Vegas in front of the hometown Raiders fans!

Or John Elway announcing his own pick in Cleveland

Peyton Manning in New England.
            Last edited by MarshallMoss; 05-04-2019, 12:59 PM.
            "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

Comment

• samparnell
              Soy Capitan Meshpoint
              • Nov 2007

The numbers of all ninety players are now posted on the Denver Broncos website.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Sting Ray 1956
                Practice Squad
                • Jan 2019

The Manning's

Could the Manning family be looking to become team owners?

Comment

• broncolee
                  Football Immortal
                  • Jan 2007

By family, do mean Peyton and his wife or Archie and his boys?

Anything is possible but I don’t think there’s been any real indication that that’s the plan.

Apparently Peyton has indicated a desire to remain connected to football.

If they do buy a team, I hope it’s not the Broncos.
                  Stop Feeding The Trolls, Please!!!!!

Comment

• Sam_Z
                    Banned User
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                    By family, do mean Peyton and his wife or Archie and his boys?

Anything is possible but I don’t think there’s been any real indication that that’s the plan.

Apparently Peyton has indicated a desire to remain connected to football.

If they do buy a team, I hope it’s not the Broncos.
                    Why not, do you think they’d be bad owners?

I think Peyton would definitely be the one running things while Archie sits back and collects money.

Eli would be the equivalent to Fredo!

“Send Fredo out to do this, send Fredo out to do that. I’m smaurt I’m smaurt”.

Comment

• Rich_C
                      Captain
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Sting Ray 1956 View Post
                      Could the Manning family be looking to become team owners?
                      From a financial perspective "the Manning's" are not wealthy enough to OWN and entire team. Even when you amalgamate Peyton, Eli & Archie's finances. They could or would have the money to likely get themselves into a minority stake in an organization and if an ownership group was so inclined have it so that their share of the profits rolled back over into a buyout equity at a certain fixed amount. Aside from that though I do not see how they'd ever get to a majority stake in ANY team.

Now if the actual reason for posting this question is if we think they'd be good or great owners....IMO yes. In fact I think they make great owners. Detail and understanding how to win and what it takes to get there is key. I also think that having owners like the Manning's would in all likelihood vastly improve the teams HC and other staff's hiring practices.

Comment

• Jonny_Quest
                        Playmaker
                        • Dec 2010

Agree with Rich_C on the financials.

And on the fact that Peyton would be a fantastic owner.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                          Super Moderator
                          • Dec 2008

You need to own a set amount (I believe it's 30%) to be able to be the controlling owner of a franchise. With NFL teams likely going for close to $2 billion going forward, it's hard to imagine they could come up with $600 million to purchase that stake, they would really have to over leverage themselves in order to do so.

In theory it could be possible (the Glazers bought Manchester United by using the team's brand as the source of their funding), but it would be awful hard for them to get controlling interest.

But if in theory they could do it, they'd probably end up being good at it.

Comment

• crabcruncher
                            Practice Squad
                            • Feb 2019

Peyton Manning is probably considering taking over Elways job in a few years.
                            But what do I know, Im on the Practice Squad.
                            Last edited by crabcruncher; 06-07-2019, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• BroncosDivision
                              #27 | HOF | CLASS OF 2020
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by crabcruncher View Post
                              Peyton Manning is probably considering taking over Elways job in a few years.
                              But what do I know, Im on the Practice Squad.
                              I'm down with that. Would love to see Peyton back in the building in some capacity, big or small.
                              Adopted Poster
                              AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• dolphinsneu
                                Bench Warmer
                                • Mar 2016

A trip down memory lane

I was watching some old football highlights, and stumbled upon the 2013 Divisional game between the Broncos and the Chargers.

I remembered this game because I watched it live.

I think that this game, more than any other, shows how great Peyton Manning was.

Unlike Tom Brady, Manning's teams would often collapse around him in the playoffs. Additionally, his opponents would play out of the world.

The Broncos are one year removed from a crushing loss to the Ravens. After that game, I thought to myself, "That could only happen to Peyton Manning. No other quarterback could have a defense that could allow a team to drive 70 yards for a score with no timeouts left in 40 seconds."

The Broncos seemed to control the game for most of the afternoon. The score was 24-7. I remember thinking, this is not over yet, simply because of the history Peyton Manning's teams have of crashing around him.

Sure enough, the Chargers scored. Then, the unthinkable happened. The Chargers recovered an anticipated onside kick. The defense then gives up a field goal to cut the deficit to 24-17.

Then, the Broncos are facing 3rd and 17. Everything is crashing around them. Manning takes the snap and is pressured, he throws absolutely perfect pass to the receiver converting the first down. The Broncos run the clock out and win.

The mark of a great quarterback is that he can elevate his team when they are crashing down around him. Manning did just that.

If the Broncos had won the Super Bowl that year, that play would probably be known as "3rd and 17".

Comment

Working...
                                X