Thread: Chernobyl

Chernobyl

I just finished binging this mini-series on HBO and wow.

It's one of the best series I've ever watched. Outstanding performances by Jared Harris and Stellen Skarsgard, really all the performances were fantastic but the two leads certainly shine. Production value is phenomenal. This is not light viewing, there is a constant buildup of dread.

My buddy watched it and was raving about it too.... have to give it a try..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

It was awesome. The people who wrote Chernobyl should've done the last 3 seasons of GoT. Stellan Skarsgard should probably get an academy award.

Also, Russia is doing their own version now that blames the CIA.

I'm about to watch it now. A future co-worker of mine was in The Ukraine when this happened and she was diagnosed with cancer in the mid-90s. I found about her diagnosis a few years later from a mutual friend because it all happened right around the time I was leaving for another job, so I never got the full story of what type of cancer it was or what stage she was in. During some of our lunch breaks, she used to talk about Chernobyl and her experiences dealing with it during that time.

Thank God, 20+ years later, she's alive and well and in remission. Telling this story makes me want to catch up with her for old times sake.

Wow! I don't watch a lot of TV. Powerful.

2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Adopted Bronco: Chris Harris Jr.