• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arapaho
    reserved for losing bet
    • Mar 2004

Melvin Gordon: Chargers Are The Team To Beat

The Chiefs have won three straight AFC West titles, but Melvin Gordon sees the Chargers as the team to beat.

The Kansas City Chiefs have won three straight AFC West titles, but Melvin Gordon sees the Los Angeles Chargers as the team to beat.
    "We're the team to beat," Gordon said. "We're just special, and I definitely feel we have the best team in the NFL
    . You just have to walk around with that confidence."
    The Chargers had the same record as the Chiefs last season, but ended up as a Wild Card team because of tiebreakers.

so let me get this fool right

he thinks this team that collapses with any injuries over a handful
    that hasn't won the west division since 2009...a decade!!!

that has but two post season appearances this decade, and a mere two wins ,granted that one more than the chiefs
    is somehow the best team in the NFL
    sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots
  • Sam_Z
    Banned User
    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/...e-Team-To-Beat

The Kansas City Chiefs have won three straight AFC West titles, but Melvin Gordon sees the Los Angeles Chargers as the team to beat.
    "We're the team to beat," Gordon said. "We're just special, and I definitely feel we have the best team in the NFL
    . You just have to walk around with that confidence."
    The Chargers had the same record as the Chiefs last season, but ended up as a Wild Card team because of tiebreakers.

so let me get this fool right

he thinks this team that collapses with any injuries over a handful
    that hasn't won the west division since 2009...a decade!!!

that has but two post season appearances this decade, and a mere two wins ,granted that one more than the chiefs
    is somehow the best team in the NFL
    “You just have to walk around with that confidence." Ya know!

After that comment it doesn’t really sound as if he truly believes that. Especially not after Philis collapsed against planet ass...

I’d suspect in his true heart of hearts that he’d tell you it’s the Denver Broncos that are the team to beat. However if he doesn’t already believe it, he’ll soon realize it!

Comment

• mozzerpete
      All-Pro
      • May 2008

Every team starts the year off walking around with "that" confidence.
      Sadly, the Chargers have never ended a season with it.

Comment

• TommyBrady12
        Practice Squad
        • Jan 2014

Maybe in the AFCW...
        Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

• Sam_Z
          Banned User
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
          Maybe in the AFCW...
          As we all already know, Vic Fangio gave The Broncos the final day of OTAs off for a team bonding session where the team gathered together and had a great time hanging out with their brothers.

Bill Belicheat attempted to copy gesture by giving his team the day off and taking them on a little field trip to a paint ball park.

However Jerk wad Belichick failed in his attempt by blasting Kyle Van Noy in the eye with a paint ball.

Perhaps bill has a thing for shooting at brown eyes but way to go in blinding your starting linebacker right before training camp jack ass but I’m not talking about them because the AFC east has nothing to do with the AFC West.

Comment

• Spice 1
            Football Immortal
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
            As we all already know, Vic Fangio gave The Broncos the final day of OTAs off for a team bonding session where the team gathered together and had a great time hanging out with their brothers.

Bill Belicheat attempted to copy gesture by giving his team the day off and taking them on a little field trip to a paint ball park.

However Jerk wad Belichick failed in his attempt by blasting Kyle Van Noy in the eye with a paint ball.

Perhaps bill has a thing for shooting at brown eyes but way to go in blinding your starting linebacker right before training camp jack ass but I’m not talking about them because the AFC east has nothing to do with the AFC West.

Great, now he's stealing plays from Dick Cheney.

Comment

• Sam_Z
              Banned User
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
              Great, now he's stealing plays from Dick Cheney.
              Hahahahaha nice 👍🏽 CP coming

Comment

• Canmore
                Do. Do not...No Try!
                • May 2007

Maybe in the AFCW...
                Yeah...those division titles...were all are the trophies? You guys get one of those participation trophies every year because your division is crap.
                sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                  team preacher
                  • Mar 2008

It would seem as though the thread title would be more accurately stated as
                  “Charges are the team to beat up on”
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• DevilSpawn
                    versus you
                    • Mar 2006

meh as much as I want to pile on, I don't see anything wrong with Gordon's confidence. I don't think he's right though. I still think The Muppets are the favorites until proven otherwise. I don't see a dramatic falloff for Mahomes.

Comment

• TommyBrady12
                      Practice Squad
                      • Jan 2014

Sorry fellas, the last time I checked the Pats were the defending super bowl champs. They are the team to beat, not just in the AFC, but the entire league. In the AFC, I would say the contenders in order are NE, KC, LAC, Houston, Indy, and Pittsburgh. Cleveland is a wild card because they could beat almost any team but they could also implode.
                      Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

• TommyBrady12
                        Practice Squad
                        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

6-time super bowl winner Bill Belichick does not need coaching pointers from a low level coach like Fangio.

Comment

• 58Miller
                          Football Immortal
                          • Jul 2013

6-time super bowl winner Bill Belichick does not need coaching pointers from a low level coach like Fangio.
                          Didn’t Bellichek copy Fangio’s scheme vs the Rams in the Superbowl?
                          I guess Bellichek is more humble than you think...

New England can thank the Chicago Bears for their sixth Super Bowl championship since they literally copied Vic Fangio to pull it off.
                          sigpic

Comment

• arapaho
                            reserved for losing bet
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                            meh as much as I want to pile on, I don't see anything wrong with Gordon's confidence. I don't think he's right though. I still think The Muppets are the favorites until proven otherwise. I don't see a dramatic falloff for Mahomes.
                            I don’t see how Kc can be the best team in the league... to many key changes
                            sigpic
                            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• DevilSpawn
                              versus you
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                              I don’t see how Kc can be the best team in the league... to many key changes
                              I actually skimmed through mostly everything and didn't see he meant NFL. I assumed he meant division.

I still can't fault his confidence because the Chargers are the team that can beat any team but they could also Charger their way to unfulfilled expectations.

Saints, Rams, Pats, Chiefs and Bears are my top 5. I could shuffle them all the live long day. One man's opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X