Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    So youíre saying Chubb is only elite because he has the best edge rusher in the league on the other side?

How do you not see this obvious hypocrisy?
    No Iím saying Chubb is elite because he was the best defensive player in his draft
    He was the best pass rusher in the draft

And his rookie year proved the hype was real

Melvin is not elite, and you know that
    It took him 4 seasons to prove he was capable to be a real pass rush threat at all

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    No I’m saying Chubb is elite because he was the best defensive player in his draft

It took him 4 seasons to prove he was capable to be a real pass rush threat at all
    NO, being the best pass rusher in a draft devoid of pass rushers doesn't make him an elite player in the NFL

chubb isn't an elite player until he's a top tier player at his position. melvin ingram has played at that level, chubb has not.
    it was not a strong class for pass rushers last year and chubb ended up with a sub mediocre pff grade both overall and pass rush exclusively. (68.1 overall, 72.7 pass rush)

pff grade isn't everything, just like sack totals isn't but dude.........chubb isn't an elite player yet, he's a player with elite potential.

stop lying to yourself.
    Last edited by baphamet; 08-18-2019 at 01:29 PM.

In all honesty, Chubb probably benefits a lot from teams double teaming Von Miller. Elite pass rushers are the ones who can consistently beat double teams.

NO, being the best pass rusher in a draft devoid of pass rushers doesn't make him an elite player in the NFL

chubb isn't an elite player until he's a top tier player at his position. melvin ingram has played at that level, chubb has not.
    it was not a strong class for pass rushers last year and chubb ended up with a sub mediocre pff grade both overall and pass rush exclusively. (68.1 overall, 72.7 pass rush)

pff grade isn't everything, just like sack totals isn't but dude.........chubb isn't an elite player yet, he's a player with elite potential.

stop lying to yourself.

So your saying Chubb could maybe because good as Ingram one day?........
    what's crazy is I remember Ingram being garbage his first 3 seasons. Dude has two double digits sack seasons out of Seven, Chubb already has 1 out of 1 ......... Who's the Homer again?
    "Last team to stop the Pats in the AFC reside's in Denver, alomg with the last active AFC Qb

stop lying to yourself.
    Letís just knock it off

Barney has never been an elite pass rusher in fact barring injury Chubb should eclipse Barney entire first four seasons sack totals by game eight of his second season

Letís just knock it off

Barney has never been an elite pass rusher in fact barring injury Chubb should eclipse Barney entire first four seasons sack totals by game eight of his second season
    Ingram Is a pro bowler sand has been graded out as a stop 5 point pass rusher before.

I know oh just see sack totals but Iím ngram is a beast and when he and a healthy boss start dominating this year you can keep saying how mediocre he is.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post

So your saying Chubb could maybe because good as Ingram one day?........
    what's crazy is I remember Ingram being garbage his first 3 seasons. Dude has two double digits sack seasons out of Seven, Chubb already has 1 out of 1 ......... Who's the Homer again?
    Maybe thatís mainly due to him not being healthy?

Keenan Allen was no different and you guys were saying the same stuff about him and guess what? Dude is one of the best.

I know whoís good on this team and I know who isnít, Ingram is really good but if youíre not watching him play and just looking at sack totals, I can see why you are ignorant.

I know whoís good on this team and I know who isnít, Ingram is really good but if youíre not watching him play and just looking at sack totals, I can see why you are ignorant.
    I donít know much about Ingram, but you are correct that a good pass rusher is more than sacks. Itís about pressures and hits too.

No Iím saying Chubb is elite because he was the best defensive player in his draft

Chubb is big and he is fast! He doesnít get pushed around, he does the pushing and the driving.

Von, still super fast around the edge and there is no containment unless the opposition resorts to holding. They do it so much it goes un noticed as if itís the Norm.

Ingram and Bosa are both fast but do they move with such agility?
    I see them both getting pushed by bigger linemen.

Bosa looks like a mad man out there but I see him getting pushed around at times when his first step spin move fails!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-19-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Maybe thatís mainly due to him not being healthy?

Keenan Allen was no different and you guys were saying the same stuff about him and guess what? Dude is one of the best.

Timeout!!!...... nobody is slamming Ingram or Allen.
    YOU are saying Chubb isnít on Ingramís level!!!!!
    And last i checked Ingram in his first 3 season played in 29 games and didnít produce at a high level.
    Chubb year one had a very good year.
    Thatís it thatís all Iím saying, so save your straw man arguments!!
    If Ingram can turn into a stud after 3 down years then Chubb still has time to one day be elite after one really good season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Chubb is big and he is fast! He doesnít get pushed around, he does the pushing and the driving.

Von, still super fast around the edge and there is no containment unless the opposition resorts to holding. They do it so much it goes Unitas if itís the Norm.

Ingram and Bosa are both fast but do they move with such agility?
    I see them both getting pushed by bigger linemen.

Bosa looks like a mad man out there but I see him getting pushed around at times when his first step spin move fails!
    Bosa isnít a speed rusher, he is what they call a ďtechnicianĒ heís beating guys with strength and technique more than just speed.

He is relentless and he wins more than almost any pass rusher out there.

No he doesnít get pushed around lol

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Timeout!!!...... nobody is slamming Ingram or Allen.
    YOU are saying Chubb isnít on Ingramís level!!!!!
    Like I tell you constantly here....you need to read before you start running your mouth.

Sam absolutely did say bosa isnít on chubbís level and Arapaho ďslamsĒ Ingram all the time, been doing it for years

He also used to tell me that Allen wasnít good because of the stats he put up when he would get injured, just like you are all doing right now with bosa.

All you know is stats, none of you have a clue,

Ingram Is a pro bowler sand has been graded out as a stop 5 point pass rusher before.

I know oh just see sack totals but I’m ngram is a beast and when he and a healthy boss start dominating this year you can keep saying how mediocre he is.
    ohh ya I forgot barney wins the point of attack...the 2019 version of almost sacks
    sadly though he typically gets washed out after that small victory and doesn't finish the play like great pass rushers do

and no its not all I see, use or consider, but the first stat everyone looks at for pass rushers isn't qb hurries...its sacks

ya according to his history...it will take a dominate Bosa for ingram to look good

Maybe that’s mainly due to him not being healthy?

I know who’s good on this team and I know who isn’t, Ingram is really good but if you’re not watching him play and just looking at sack totals, I can see why you are ignorant.
    if I recall...we never said KA wasn't good

we said he was made of glass

and KA might be good...but he isn't one of the best because he what was top 10 in yards one year??

six seasons, zero double digit TD seasons, and one season in the top 10 of receiving yards...and that's with a QB you call a HOF worthy
    Last edited by arapaho; 08-19-2019 at 01:26 PM.

Like I tell you constantly here....you need to read before you start running your mouth.

Sam absolutely did say bosa isnít on chubbís level and Arapaho ďslamsĒ Ingram all the time, been doing it for years

He also used to tell me that Allen wasnít good because of the stats he put up when he would get injured, just like you are all doing right now with bosa.

All you know is stats, none of you have a clue,
    So when you are directly responding to me your talking to somebody else?

And if not thinking Melvin Ingramís first 3 years was anything but underachieving the. I guess i am clueless. I believe Bradley Chubb had more impact his first 16 games than Ingram, and you can call me whatever names make you feel better about that, but itís a fact.