Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Things change in the NFL so quickly, what just happened in Philly a couple of seasons ago or what happened with the 99 rams?

You think you know everything based on your PFF analytics however that means squat in the pro sports world.

I’ll predict right now that Denver gets back to super bowl status long before your dead dolts even sniff an AFC title game but go ahead and keep on flapping your beak.
    and ill bookmark that one too so you don't "forget"

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    You mean your yearly whining excuse thread

Seen it lol
    yeah, i don't just make "good game" threads and roll the hell out like you lol

that's pretty standard arapaho, never eating his crow.

whats hilarious is you guys trying to discredit pff when literally every single team pays for and uses their data.

if you watch every single player play every snap, maybe then i will start to listen to you more. when you're talking individual players performances and comparisons, it's the best resource we have by far IMO

I wonder if Gordon thinks the same thing now that he wants a trade?
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I wonder if Gordon thinks the same thing now that he wants a trade?
    Iím guessing by the time December rolls around he will be helping the chargers secure a playoff birth.

Letting him sit until week 10 isnít such a bad idea considering he usually goes down later in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    yeah, i don't just make "good game" threads and roll the hell out like you lol

that's pretty standard arapaho, never eating his crow.
    I make a post game post and discuss it

you whine and c ry making excuse posts then disappear for days on end

whats hilarious is you guys trying to discredit pff when literally every single team pays for and uses their data.

if you watch every single player play every snap, maybe then i will start to listen to you more. when you're talking individual players performances and comparisons, it's the best resource we have by far IMO
    is that anything like us scoffing at your using PFF fantasy metric stats to say Melvin was one of the best pass rushers,...top ten no doubt...because of pressures???

I’m guessing by the time December rolls around he will be helping the chargers secure a playoff birth.

Letting him sit until week 10 isn’t such a bad idea considering he usually goes down later in the season.
    ya we will probably cut a better back for you to pick up anyway

and ill bookmark that one too so you don't "forget"
    Bookmark it, write it down, type it out, I donít care because history tells us it will most likely come true.

Iím guessing by the time December rolls around he will be helping the chargers secure a playoff birth.

Letting him sit until week 10 isnít such a bad idea considering he usually goes down later in the season.
    That's my guess. Nobody's paying him more than 10 million. The Chargers will probably have to kick him a little more in guarantees to get him back on the field, though. Otherwise he'll probably just sit out, and hit FA. Ekeler's not going to stay healthy at a high work rate, and Jackson just isn't that good, Idt. They'll get production, but they won't be the same. Kind of like Conner. They got production, but he's not LeVeon by a long shot. LA has to win now.

this could get ugly..... We'll see.....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-most-leverage

Melvin Gordon, RB, Los Angeles Chargers
    Le'Veon Bell and Gordon have a mutual admiration society, which should be cause for concern among Chargers fans. Speaking on a video taken by Sports Illustrated in 2018 during Bell's holdout, Gordon remarked, "I would (sit out) too ... Come back and get hurt? Why?"

Bell said recently he was "proud" of Gordon for holding out and knowing "his worth," noting the "nice little bond" the two backs have going back to their days in the Big Ten (Gordon played at Wisconsin, Bell at Michigan State). There are some major differences, however, when comparing their respective holdouts.

Gordon is no Le'Veon Bell on the field. The best form of leverage possible is possessing undeniable, turf-scorching talent, and Gordon falls somewhere below the NFL's top five running backs. Gordon is a difference-maker who can do damage in any situation or on any down, but he's simply not as dynamic as Bell, Ezekiel Elliott, Alvin Kamara or players of that stature. Gordon's production would be difficult to fully replace, but the Chargers aren't just honking when they talk up backups Austin Ekeler and Justin Jackson, who both excelled when Gordon missed time a year ago. The running game could survive without Gordon.

The contract Gordon is playing under doesn't help his leverage, either. While Bell was staring down his second straight franchise tag, Gordon is due $5.605 million on the fifth-year option of his rookie contract. Gordon can't realistically sit out the entire season, because then he still wouldn't be a free agent in 2020. He'd have to return at some point this season in order to get credit for playing in 2019.

However, it wouldn't be a huge shock for Gordon to miss regular-season games. Like Bell, Gordon seems to be motivated by a higher purpose of adjusting the running back market. Gordon has called running back the hardest position in football outside of quarterback, and he's stressed that you "can't replace a great back" like him. Gordon has said he's prepared to sit out as long as he needs to, while his agent told Pelissero there's a "strong possibility" he'd hold out into the regular season, absent a new deal.

All reporting indicates that the two sides aren't particularly close on a new contract, with NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reporting Thursday that Gordon wants more than the $10 million per year being offered by the team. Rapoport also noted that the Chargers aren't interested in fulfilling Gordon's trade request, another sign this standoff could grow uglier. I don't think the Chargers are going to pay Gordon anywhere near Todd Gurley money (the Rams back signed a four-year, $60 million extension last year, heading into the fourth year of his five-year rookie contract), and Gordon sounds too dug in to take a discounted contract. While Gordon doesn't rank high in leverage, he'd be first on my list of holdouts who could miss regular-season games. As Philip Rivers, Vincent Jackson and Joey Bosa learned, this Chargers ownership group is not afraid to let holdouts drag out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    this could get ugly..... We'll see.....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-most-leverage

Melvin Gordon, RB, Los Angeles Chargers
    Le'Veon Bell and Gordon have a mutual admiration society, which should be cause for concern among Chargers fans. Speaking on a video taken by Sports Illustrated in 2018 during Bell's holdout, Gordon remarked, "I would (sit out) too ... Come back and get hurt? Why?"

Bell said recently he was "proud" of Gordon for holding out and knowing "his worth," noting the "nice little bond" the two backs have going back to their days in the Big Ten (Gordon played at Wisconsin, Bell at Michigan State). There are some major differences, however, when comparing their respective holdouts.

Gordon is no Le'Veon Bell on the field. The best form of leverage possible is possessing undeniable, turf-scorching talent, and Gordon falls somewhere below the NFL's top five running backs. Gordon is a difference-maker who can do damage in any situation or on any down, but he's simply not as dynamic as Bell, Ezekiel Elliott, Alvin Kamara or players of that stature. Gordon's production would be difficult to fully replace, but the Chargers aren't just honking when they talk up backups Austin Ekeler and Justin Jackson, who both excelled when Gordon missed time a year ago. The running game could survive without Gordon.

The contract Gordon is playing under doesn't help his leverage, either. While Bell was staring down his second straight franchise tag, Gordon is due $5.605 million on the fifth-year option of his rookie contract. Gordon can't realistically sit out the entire season, because then he still wouldn't be a free agent in 2020. He'd have to return at some point this season in order to get credit for playing in 2019.

However, it wouldn't be a huge shock for Gordon to miss regular-season games. Like Bell, Gordon seems to be motivated by a higher purpose of adjusting the running back market. Gordon has called running back the hardest position in football outside of quarterback, and he's stressed that you "can't replace a great back" like him. Gordon has said he's prepared to sit out as long as he needs to, while his agent told Pelissero there's a "strong possibility" he'd hold out into the regular season, absent a new deal.

All reporting indicates that the two sides aren't particularly close on a new contract, with NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reporting Thursday that Gordon wants more than the $10 million per year being offered by the team. Rapoport also noted that the Chargers aren't interested in fulfilling Gordon's trade request, another sign this standoff could grow uglier. I don't think the Chargers are going to pay Gordon anywhere near Todd Gurley money (the Rams back signed a four-year, $60 million extension last year, heading into the fourth year of his five-year rookie contract), and Gordon sounds too dug in to take a discounted contract. While Gordon doesn't rank high in leverage, he'd be first on my list of holdouts who could miss regular-season games. As Philip Rivers, Vincent Jackson and Joey Bosa learned, this Chargers ownership group is not afraid to let holdouts drag out.
    So he's gunna hold Phil's legacy hostage for as long as he can, then. lol.

Just listening to a sports show, and it seems Gordon is insulted by the latest offer of about $8M per year. That is low, given the talent. Meanwhile Zeke wants $14M per.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I dont remember making that prediction but hey if it happens, great.

ďOutlandish homerismĒ?

Isnít that what youíve expressed throughout your entire existence here???

I believe in my team, but call it what you will but Iíll always believe in them before I ever attempt to take your Cacamamie opinion!

I mean really, where does your credibility come from??? Tell me why Myself or anyone else here should ever take the word of a guy that insanely runs his mouth in favor of a team that has done crap in 68 years of existence???

C-mon Darph tell me and make it good!
    Actually, it's only 58 yrs. but it might as well be 168 years of crap! No difference really!
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    Actually, it's only 58 yrs. but it might as well be 168 years of crap! No difference really!
    I know, guess I accidentally hit 6 instead of 5 when I posted