Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 702
  1. #406
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,225
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Is that because he is better than Von?.... or maybe Bosa has played in only 35 games compared 120 for Von, and he is double and triple teamed with chips because teams are sick of him taking over games, I know doesnít fit your narrative.

    What are Vons sack per game avg. in his first 35 games, if you wann really compare them thatís the way to do it.
    Well, if you actually read my posts you would know I consider von the best in the business. No I donít think bosa is better than von. But using that argument, Chubb has only played in 16 games and his average per game is clearly less.

    Do you agree with Sam that bosa isnít in chubbís league and at best will have 10 sacks this year while Chubb will have 20?

    I mean, how homer can one donkey fan be?

  2. #407
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    14,476
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    So youíre banking on bosa getting hurt? Because if he donít he gets just as many sacks as the best in the league.

    You saying he can only get 10 sacks ďat bestĒ is pure ignorance. Comparing rookie seasons or who you think possess the most talent is irrelevant, we are talking about sack totals this year only.

    The fact is, bosa has a better sack per game average than even von Miller, though not by much.

    Yet heís not in the same league as Chubb? Get the hell out of here with that football ignorance.
    Judging by the aggressive nature of your last comments you are once again butt hurt.

    AGAIN Bosa had 10, 12 and 5 sacks. That is average for NFL pass rushers...

    Bradley Chubb has only had one season to base numbers off of and he posted 12 as a rookie, better than Bosa.

    You say Bosa has a better average than Miller, average means jack, lets see him actually post better numbers.

    Lets also see him play a whole season and see if those numbers dont decrease down the stretch when he starts to feel the effects of the season.

    Oh wait the Jack ass canít stay healthy, guess that answers the question.

    Now stop getting butt hurt when I donít share your bias opinion. Itís very childish even for you.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-15-2019 at 09:24 AM.

  3. #408
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Left of Colorado
    Posts
    1,270
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    That’s not true at all, if our starting QB was any of them dudes I wouldn’t have been running my mouth about how great they are.

    I’d be bummed out and would take the wait and see approach which is going to be my attitude the moment rivers retires.

    Do you think I’m gonna brag about Taylor ( if he is the eventual starter) because he is the starter?

    At best I’ll say he’s better than what you guys have because it’s true lol
    Hey Mr hypocrite. You state it's acceptable for you to "take the wait and see approach" which is all you can really do even though you constantly profess how good or bad player situations will pan out using your stupid made in China toy crystal ball so isn't it true we Bronco fans have to "take the wait and see approach" with Flacco? You've decided he's trash so using your logic (aka nonsense) I'll state that the Chargers will be trash for many years after Rivers is gone. 58 years and counting. The Broncos are not historical trash but the Deadbolts are. Your wait and see approach is going to crush your hopes like a ton of bricks. The evil will be unleashed on yourself.
    Utah Bronco Freak

  4. #409
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,792
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    Thatís not true at all, if our starting QB was any of them dudes I wouldnít have been running my mouth about how great they are.

    Iíd be bummed out and would take the wait and see approach which is going to be my attitude the moment rivers retires.

    Do you think Iím gonna brag about Taylor ( if he is the eventual starter) because he is the starter?

    At best Iíll say heís better than what you guys have because itís true lol
    Now wait..... I'm not smacking on this. I'm trying to have a conversation. I'm not one that ran my mouth about any of the QB's. Tebow was exciting but I never believed he was a QB. Thought he'd better suited as a FB/H-back with his running. I had high hopes with Siemian but never was one to brag, but it never panned out. I hated the Lynch pick. I wanted Dak before that draft. I looked at Keenum as a career backup but had a "it is what it is" type of attitude. But, I never was bummed out because I still run blue and orange thru and thru. But again, You would have supported any of them, maybe not completely confident, but you wouldn't trash them as you do coming in here with us and expect us to agree. What are we supposed to say? Yes, some of the confidence and expectations were a bit exaggerated with some, but do you expect people to turn their backs? You go with what you have.

  5. #410
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,792
    I like Bosa. The kid is an extremely intense player and should have a long successful career if he can stay on the field. That said, so is Chubb. Chubb could end up the best of them all. There's no way to tell after one season, but 12 his rookie year is amazing. He started slow, which isn't unusual for a rookie. Lets wait and see. I currently believe he is in the same class as Bosa, and maybe end up in Von and Mack's level. Can't gauge that yet.



    Using a sack per game avg. is extremely skewed.... Any player can go 2 games with zero and 2 games with 3 per game. Maybe against a 3rd stringer, or just an offense that plays to the rushers strengths. Also, seasons can come short on games played for injury like Bosa or the one season for Von. That skews the results as well. Total per season is really the best gauge. But if you want to go by avg.

    Miller: In 98 games avg. 1.22

    Bosa: In 35 games avg. 1.23

    Chubb: In 16 games avg. 1.33
    Last edited by Stackhouser; 08-15-2019 at 12:01 PM.

  6. #411
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    14,476
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    Thatís not true at all, if our starting QB was any of them dudes I wouldnít have been running my mouth about how great they are.

    Iíd be bummed out and would take the wait and see approach which is going to be my attitude the moment rivers retires.

    Do you think Iím gonna brag about Taylor ( if he is the eventual starter) because he is the starter?

    At best Iíll say heís better than what you guys have because itís true lol
    Joe Flacco may not be PFM but heís not case keenum either.

    Flacco has actually looked really good in camp going down field to ES and Courtland Sutton.

    You like to laugh at Flacco but he has a super bowl ring while Philis, excuse me while Phallus does not.

    Rivers may have a winning record at times but so did Mark Sanchez, Trevor Siemian and Case Keenum...

  7. #412
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Judging by the aggressive nature of your last comments you are once again butt hurt.

    AGAIN Bosa had 10, 12 and 5 sacks. That is average for NFL pass rushers...

    Bradley Chubb has only had one season to base numbers off of and he posted 12 as a rookie, better than Bosa.

    You say Bosa has a better average than Miller, average means jack, lets see him actually post better numbers.

    Lets also see him play a whole season and see if those numbers dont decrease down the stretch when he starts to feel the effects of the season.

    Oh wait the Jack ass canít stay healthy, guess that answers the question.

    Now stop getting butt hurt when I donít share your bias opinion. Itís very childish even for you.
    Itís childish because im literally laughing in your face for posting dumb and outlandish ďopinionsĒ that are factually incorrect.

    Bosa holds an nfl record 19 sacks in his first 20 games yet you think he needs to win rove he is on chubbs level because Chubb has 12 sacks in his first 16?

    Chubb needs 7 sacks in his next 4 games to be on bosaís level.

    But yes keep claiming Iím ďbutt hurtĒ because Iím shooting holes through your dumb opinions.

    Letís see.....

    You said Flacco will be come back player of the year, Chubb will have 20 sacks, bosa ďat mostĒ will have 10 sacks, the chargers as a unit will have 19 sacks, what other asinine crap have you said this off season? Iíve lost count. Lol

  8. #413
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    I like Bosa. The kid is an extremely intense player and should have a long successful career if he can stay on the field. That said, so is Chubb. Chubb could end up the best of them all. There's no way to tell after one season, but 12 his rookie year is amazing. He started slow, which isn't unusual for a rookie. Lets wait and see. I currently believe he is in the same class as Bosa, and maybe end up in Von and Mack's level. Can't gauge that yet.
    I donít have an issue with this opinion. But remember, it was Sam that said bosa isnít in the same league as Chubb lol

    That makes me laugh just typing that.



    Using a sack per game avg. is extremely skewed.... Any player can go 2 games with zero and 2 games with 3 per game. Maybe against a 3rd stringer, or just an offense that plays to the rushers strengths. Also, seasons can come short on games played for injury like Bosa or the one season for Von. That skews the results as well. Total per season is really the best gauge. But if you want to go by avg.

    Miller: In 98 games avg. 1.22

    Bosa: In 35 games avg. 1.23

    Chub: In 16 games avg. 1.33
    Your argument can be applied for totals per season as well. What player doesnít get sacks in bunches? They all do.

    But your math is way off.

    If Chubb averaged 1.33 sacks per game over the 2018 season he would have had 21.2 sacks last year.

    Von Miller has started 120 games with 98 sacks.

    Bosa has started 33 games and has 28.5 sacks

    So Iím not sure how you got those numbers.

    Again, bosa had more sacks in his first 20 games than any other player in nfl history.

    That said, I still think Miller is the best in the league still but bosa is a top tier pass rusher too.

    Maybe Chubb becomes elite as well but he certainly isnít in another league and he isnít getting 20 sacks.........not gonna happen lol

  9. #414
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Joe Flacco may not be PFM but heís not case keenum either.

    Flacco has actually looked really good in camp going down field to ES and Courtland Sutton.

    You like to laugh at Flacco but he has a super bowl ring while Philis, excuse me while Phallus does not.

    Rivers may have a winning record at times but so did Mark Sanchez, Trevor Siemian and Case Keenum...
    Sure he looks good in practice, going to be much different when live bullets start flying.

    Until proven otherwise, sucko is among the worst starting QBís in the league over the last 6 years.

  10. #415
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    16,252
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    I ask you this all the time. Show me where I have ever said the chargers are the most well rounded team or most talented team in the nfl.

    You always try to pretend I say that but literally never have. Iíve said the chargers were more well rounded than the broncos like two years ago and that is still the case today.

    What ďfantasy statsĒ are you referring to exactly? Do you even know? Are you saying pressures per snap average is not an actual stat?

    Ingram is a top 10 edge rusher, especially with bosa on the other end.

    As far as sucko goes, just look at the stats since 2013. Taylor has been better as a starter.

    The difference is sucko played on a good team with a good defense and usually good running game and Taylor played on the bills......nuff said.

    By the way, donít get me started on the things youíve been wrong about but refuse to admit.

    Melvin Ingram, Melvin Gordon, Keenan Allen, mike Williams, Phil rivers ( yes I remember how you crapped on him claiming he needed LT to win)

    Every crap broncos QB in the last 13 years you have defended........shall I continue?

    you know what you said...over and over
    just like you had the best stable of rbs in the league


    what fantasy stats.? dude really, the fantasy stat PFF article you posted that showed ingram in the top ten because of pressures per pass rush snap

    and didn't account for him coming in on passing downs only, it didn't account for other players like von dropping into coverage...it didn't consider qb hits, sacks, tackles for loss or FF....just how many pressure he got in passing downs

    but now you say hes a top ten edge rusher...a edge rusher job is rushing the qb and containing the edge

    pressure per pass rush snap is a stat...too bad its the only stat you use in judging a pass rusher, however if we were to rank pass rush stats by order of importance in judging a pass rusher
    1. sacks
    2. qb hits
    3. ff on the qb
    4 TFL
    5. qb pressures
    you continue your fight to ignore the top 4 and only focus on the last one

    barney was tied for 38th in sacks in 2018
    ranked 15th in 2017
    ranked 22nd in 2016

    barney was ranked
    42nd in qb hits 2018
    8th in 2017
    25th in 2016

    im not seeing where he is a top ten pass rusher

    wonder if PFF has a fantasy metric stats story on qb hurries again?


    flacco played on a team with a good defense...but your ignoring the sucky offensive talent around him and the coaches unwaivering desire to win by defense...but lets compare their starting numbers since you contend Tayler was the better starting qb since 2013

    flacco since 2013
    18,420 yards....251ypg...110 tds

    taylor since 2013
    8651 yards....201 ypg...51 tds

    in other words you are talking out of the wrong hole again

    as for your excuse flacco had a better defense
    2015 ravens 25.1 ppg bills 22.4
    2016 ravens..20.1 bills 23.6
    2017..ravens 18.9 bills 22.4

  11. #416
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Now wait..... I'm not smacking on this. I'm trying to have a conversation. I'm not one that ran my mouth about any of the QB's. Tebow was exciting but I never believed he was a QB. Thought he'd better suited as a FB/H-back with his running. I had high hopes with Siemian but never was one to brag, but it never panned out. I hated the Lynch pick. I wanted Dak before that draft. I looked at Keenum as a career backup but had a "it is what it is" type of attitude. But, I never was bummed out because I still run blue and orange thru and thru. But again, You would have supported any of them, maybe not completely confident, but you wouldn't trash them as you do coming in here with us and expect us to agree. What are we supposed to say? Yes, some of the confidence and expectations were a bit exaggerated with some, but do you expect people to turn their backs? You go with what you have.
    I honestly appreciate you actually trying to debate me and you make some good points for sure.

    I donít expect anyone to agree with me, but when people run their mouths about how wrong Iíve been, Iím gonna let them know how wrong they gave been as well as remind them how much more right Iíve been than wrong, too.

  12. #417
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rawlins, Wyoming
    Posts
    1,687
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    So youíre banking on bosa getting hurt? Because if he donít he gets just as many sacks as the best in the league.

    You saying he can only get 10 sacks ďat bestĒ is pure ignorance. Comparing rookie seasons or who you think possess the most talent is irrelevant, we are talking about sack totals this year only.

    The fact is, bosa has a better sack per game average than even von Miller, though not by much.

    Yet heís not in the same league as Chubb? Get the hell out of here with that football ignorance.
    You come up with some of the most convoluted stats I have ever seen my man... Sack per game average... lol, lets look at the sacks per year, you know like everyone else who wasn't trying to cherry pick stupid stats. Von averages 12.2 per year, your boy bosa (who I like BTW) averages 9.5 and I don't give two winks about your next excuse which will be Oh he was hurt, or oh he was suspended... Bosa doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Von, and Honestly Chubb has already had a better first year in every stat than Bosa, Bosa's first year, TKL, Assists, Sack 23, 5, 5.5, Chubb's first year, TKL, Assists, Sack 60, 19,12.0. It's not even close.

    We'll see who has the better career as it develops but right now my money is on Chubb.
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

  13. #418
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,225
    Quote Originally Posted by duhyaj View Post
    You come up with some of the most convoluted stats I have ever seen my man... Sack per game average... lol, lets look at the sacks per year, you know like everyone else who wasn't trying to cherry pick stupid stats. Von averages 12.2 per year, your boy bosa (who I like BTW) averages 9.5 and I don't give two winks about your next excuse which will be Oh he was hurt, or oh he was suspended... Bosa doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Von, and Honestly Chubb has already had a better first year in every stat than Bosa, Bosa's first year, TKL, Assists, Sack 23, 5, 5.5, Chubb's first year, TKL, Assists, Sack 60, 19,12.0. It's not even close.

    We'll see who has the better career as it develops but right now my money is on Chubb.
    ya know, you donk fans said the exact same things when i told you all how good keenan allen is, how did that one work out for you?

    The Chargers' second-year defensive end sacked the immortal Brady in the second quarter, bringing his career total to 19 sacks. Bosa's takedown gave him the most sacks by any player in NFL history over his first 20 games, besting the likes of Aldon Smith, Clay Matthews and Von Miller.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...a-unbelievable

    nuff said.

  14. #419
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,225
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    you know what you said...over and over
    just like you had the best stable of rbs in the league


    what fantasy stats.? dude really, the fantasy stat PFF article you posted that showed ingram in the top ten because of pressures per pass rush snap

    and didn't account for him coming in on passing downs only, it didn't account for other players like von dropping into coverage...it didn't consider qb hits, sacks, tackles for loss or FF....just how many pressure he got in passing downs

    but now you say hes a top ten edge rusher...a edge rusher job is rushing the qb and containing the edge

    pressure per pass rush snap is a stat...too bad its the only stat you use in judging a pass rusher, however if we were to rank pass rush stats by order of importance in judging a pass rusher
    1. sacks
    2. qb hits
    3. ff on the qb
    4 TFL
    5. qb pressures
    you continue your fight to ignore the top 4 and only focus on the last one

    barney was tied for 38th in sacks in 2018
    ranked 15th in 2017
    ranked 22nd in 2016

    barney was ranked
    42nd in qb hits 2018
    8th in 2017
    25th in 2016

    im not seeing where he is a top ten pass rusher

    wonder if PFF has a fantasy metric stats story on qb hurries again?


    flacco played on a team with a good defense...but your ignoring the sucky offensive talent around him and the coaches unwaivering desire to win by defense...but lets compare their starting numbers since you contend Tayler was the better starting qb since 2013

    flacco since 2013
    18,420 yards....251ypg...110 tds

    taylor since 2013
    8651 yards....201 ypg...51 tds

    in other words you are talking out of the wrong hole again

    as for your excuse flacco had a better defense
    2015 ravens 25.1 ppg bills 22.4
    2016 ravens..20.1 bills 23.6
    2017..ravens 18.9 bills 22.4
    this ladies and gentlmen is the perfect example of cherry picking stats, the only ones that fit your argument of course.



    that is your QB that is inferior to our backup, no other argument needs to be made.

    as far as "fantasy stats" goes....

    its the most pure way to determine how good a pass rusher is at the point of attack. winning % is also a good stat for this as well.

    every single team literally pays for and uses this data (pff) but you want to just cherry pick and act like only certain stats matter. sure, i will agree that last year ingram wasn't playing at an elite level but he will this year because he now has a healthy bosa on the other side as well as pass rush help in the middle.

  15. #420
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,193
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    ya know, you donk fans said the exact same things when i told you all how good keenan allen is, how did that one work out for you?



    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...a-unbelievable

    nuff said.
    Lol that is funny Laph
    I also remember what all you Chargers fans were saying about a younger Rivers and what he was about to do to the league.

    Elite, top 5, HOF bound.........these were just some of the things you clowns said about him. Yet here we are some 13 years later and Rivers biggest win since then was over Andy Dalton.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •