Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 702
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,397
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    Yep, you basically pointed out that Rivers doesn't have the quality resume' needed for the HoF committee to even take a glance and consider him to be inducted. Nothing to see here folks, move along. I believe this is due to there being numerous other QB's with decent resume's when compared to Rivers and they are not in the HoF and probably won't be. Go online and check the stats of these excellent QB's.

    Ken Anderson - Randal Cunningham - Boomer Esiason - Phil Simms
    John Hadl - Roman Gabriel - Bernie Kosar - Jim Hart - Don Meredith

    I'm just saying these QB's have resume's that are in the same neighborhood with Rivers resume'. Therefore, unless Rivers adds more greatness to his resume in the next 2 - 3 years, he'll be in the same boat as the above QB's. Waiting!
    It's probably more of a bias thing when I say that he's NEVER going to win, because I've convinced myself on two occasions that the Chargers were going to win the SB. The first time was back in '06 and this was after I'd already declared like half way through the season that the Colts were going to win. That's how convinced I was after the regular season concluded. I did it again last year. So, I'll never predict that Rivers and the Chargers have any chance of winning it again. Maybe that works as a reverse jinx, and something crazy happens. I'll believe it when I see it, though.

    I do think that Rivers is probably a better quarterback than those guys, but like you said, he's going to have to do something in the post season.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    It's probably more of a bias thing when I say that he's NEVER going to win, because I've convinced myself on two occasions that the Chargers were going to win the SB. The first time was back in '06 and this was after I'd already declared like half way through the season that the Colts were going to win. That's how convinced I was after the regular season concluded. I did it again last year. So, I'll never predict that Rivers and the Chargers have any chance of winning it again. Maybe that works as a reverse jinx, and something crazy happens. I'll believe it when I see it, though.

    I do think that Rivers is probably a better quarterback than those guys, but like you said, he's going to have to do something in the post season.
    The Chargers may have to do it without their starting LT...

    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...Jr765r_dJtQO9U
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none)

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,568
    No support from QB1???

    "Philip Rivers reacts to Melvin Gordon's holdout with comments that probably won't help the running back"

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/p...-running-back/

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    No support from QB1???


    "Philip Rivers reacts to Melvin Gordon's holdout with comments that probably won't help the running back"

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/p...-running-back/

    Kind of violates the concept of ďnot messing with a teammateís moneyĒ, but I tend to agree with his thoughts.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    No support from QB1???

    "Philip Rivers reacts to Melvin Gordon's holdout with comments that probably won't help the running back"

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/p...-running-back/
    everyone crying about this are a bunch of sissy's searching for something to get upset about. saying "we have a deep group and we are going to go with what we got" is now considered disrespectful?

    if that statement hurts melvin's feelings then maybe it's best be go play somewhere else anyways.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    Kind of violates the concept of “not messing with a teammate’s money”, but I tend to agree with his thoughts.
    hes not even doing that, though. he was asked a question about the RB group as a whole minus gordon, he responded by saying they have a good group of guys and that they love melvin but they are going to go with what they got.

    i'm honestly pretty amazed by all the saltiness that this has generated......... I seriously cannot relate to most of the younger generation.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,696
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    The Chargers may have to do it without their starting LT...

    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...Jr765r_dJtQO9U
    he's going to be okay eventually. he may miss the entire pre-season but he should be cleared by the start of the season or shortly after.

    the chargers are in trouble with their OL as a whole, its going to be a problem even with okung playing.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Iíve never seen such ignorant denial. Nor have I ever seen someone lie to themselves to such an extend.

    Yep Philis is a potential HOFíer but Brees has a ring.



    Yep they would be, but donít blame Brees for Spanos stupidity.
    Not even Joe Montana or the great PFM couldíve helped that pathetic excuse for a franchise who couldnít get out of their own way and you know thatís the truth.

    Wait! To be a franchise they must have their own home.
    Correction, that pathetic rabbel of semi pros.
    how is it denial exactly? brees sucked in 2003, he got benched because HE WAS BAD. LT dominated that year iwth his career high in yards from scrimmage (yes, more than in 2006) and there were not wholesale changes the next year to make them good all of a sudden, talk about denial? lol

    brees elevated his game in 2004, if you don't agree with that and simply think the team got better then you're not just in denial, you're clueless .oh and if you were half as smart as you seem to think you are, you would realize that i don't blame brees. I blame more than just spanos. i blamed "marty ball" thta always seems to fail in the playoffs.

    they choked with brees, LT in his prime, and gates. to a jets team that had no business beating them.

    the chargers do have their own home, that weak ass smack angle has been used so much but it's not even accurate lol

    anyways, its funny to see you get so salty over whta i ma saying.....it must be almost time for regular season football!

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,696
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    Yep, you basically pointed out that Rivers doesn't have the quality resume' needed for the HoF committee to even take a glance and consider him to be inducted. Nothing to see here folks, move along. I believe this is due to there being numerous other QB's with decent resume's when compared to Rivers and they are not in the HoF and probably won't be. Go online and check the stats of these excellent QB's.

    Ken Anderson - Randal Cunningham - Boomer Esiason - Phil Simms
    John Hadl - Roman Gabriel - Bernie Kosar - Jim Hart - Don Meredith

    I'm just saying these QB's have resume's that are in the same neighborhood with Rivers resume'. Therefore, unless Rivers adds more greatness to his resume in the next 2 - 3 years, he'll be in the same boat as the above QB's. Waiting!
    you cry endlessly when i have an opinion and then you post nonsense like htis and think its a quality take?

    why don't you go ahead and post the stat comparisons, including wins, to those other guys you mentioned. bernie kosar? seriously? when i seen that name i knew right way your post was pure football ignorant trash.

    rivers is going to be top 10 in every major statistical category including wins, when he hangs em up.

    his resume is superior to dan fouts, who in the HOF. ive also seen far more articles making the argument for rivers being a HOF'er than articles saying he isn't.

    rivers has the resume, he only lacks a SB ring, that's it and it isn't everything. if he did win one that would make him a HOF'er without a doubt but he still might get in without it.

    https://www.newsweek.com/philip-rive...pinion-1258514
    https://www.foxsports.com/west/story...ays-yes-111318
    https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-g...ing-120424001/
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...lle-revis-more
    https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/20...f-fame-worthy/
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/11/14/ph...-nfl-hall-fame
    https://www.boston.com/sports/sports...s-hall-of-fame

    those are all links to people in the media (some of them have a vote) who all think he is HOF worthy. though some of them feel it wouldn't be right away unless he got a ring, which i agree with.

    now, here is a link to literally the only recent article i found that thinks he isn't HOF worthy and it's from BR

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-hall-of-famer

    yep! nothing to see here folks.....except pretty much everyone disagreeing with you.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Left of Colorado
    Posts
    827
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    you cry endlessly when i have an opinion and then you post nonsense like htis and think its a quality take?

    why don't you go ahead and post the stat comparisons, including wins, to those other guys you mentioned. bernie kosar? seriously? when i seen that name i knew right way your post was pure football ignorant trash.

    rivers is going to be top 10 in every major statistical category including wins, when he hangs em up.

    his resume is superior to dan fouts, who in the HOF. ive also seen far more articles making the argument for rivers being a HOF'er than articles saying he isn't.

    rivers has the resume, he only lacks a SB ring, that's it and it isn't everything. if he did win one that would make him a HOF'er without a doubt but he still might get in without it
    https://www.newsweek.com/philip-rive...pinion-1258514
    https://www.foxsports.com/west/story...ays-yes-111318
    https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-g...ing-120424001/
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...lle-revis-more
    https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/20...f-fame-worthy/
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/11/14/ph...-nfl-hall-fame
    https://www.boston.com/sports/sports...s-hall-of-fame

    those are all links to people in the media (some of them have a vote) who all think he is HOF worthy. though some of them feel it wouldn't be right away unless he got a ring, which i agree with.

    now, here is a link to literally the only recent article i found that thinks he isn't HOF worthy and it's from BR

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-hall-of-famer

    yep! nothing to see here folks.....except pretty much everyone disagreeing with you.
    Obviously you didn't investigate the resume's of the QB's I listed. I said Rivers is in the same ballpark with more success in some cases. I didn't state they were all better QB's than Rivers. You're all about stats, which Rivers has. But he doesn't have the winning stats that in most cases helps to get a QB over the top. And they are: many division titles 4 in 13 years (maybe more if the Broncos weren't in the AFCW), 0 conference championships and never in a SB. I know he has 8 pro bowls, so what. He still doesn't qualify as an elite winner. "Whiner" maybe, but not winner.

    And once again, you state "pretty much everyone disagrees with you'. Who is everyone? I'm sure more disagree with me than do. I don't care any more than you not caring about pretty much everyone disagreeing with you and your OPINIONS!

    Bapher, you always state "I'm not stating facts, it's just my opinion". OK, this my opinion. IMO right now, Phyllis doesn't have the honor of being in the HoF. I don't care who agrees or disagrees with me, especially YOU!
    Utah Bronco Freak

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,696
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    Obviously you didn't investigate the resume's of the QB's I listed. I said Rivers is in the same ballpark with more success in some cases. I didn't state they were all better QB's than Rivers. You're all about stats, which Rivers has. But he doesn't have the winning stats that in most cases helps to get a QB over the top. And they are: many division titles 4 in 13 years (maybe more if the Broncos weren't in the AFCW), 0 conference championships and never in a SB. I know he has 8 pro bowls, so what. He still doesn't qualify as an elite winner. "Whiner" maybe, but not winner.

    And once again, you state "pretty much everyone disagrees with you'. Who is everyone? I'm sure more disagree with me than do. I don't care any more than you not caring about pretty much everyone disagreeing with you and your OPINIONS!

    Bapher, you always state "I'm not stating facts, it's just my opinion". OK, this my opinion. IMO right now, Phyllis doesn't have the honor of being in the HoF. I don't care who agrees or disagrees with me, especially YOU!
    So you claim I make posts that are ďfull of nonsenseĒ I post links of credible media outlets that all agree with my point of view and not yours.

    Yet I am the one that posts nonsense? Your issue is you just donít like what Iím saying so you try to pretend itís nonsense when Iím fact your opinion right here is nonsense that nobody but biased and ignorant fans agree with.

    Also, Iím a chargers fan posting on a broncos smack board........of course most of you disagree with what Iím saying.

    Just because you Homerís canít handle a rival fans opinions that are backed up with facts doesnít mean my opinions are nonsense.

    It means you canít handle it and take it personal, which is why itís obvious you lose sleep at night over the bad things I say about the broncos.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,194
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    So you claim I make posts that are ďfull of nonsenseĒ I post links of credible media outlets that all agree with my point of view and not yours.

    Yet I am the one that posts nonsense? Your issue is you just donít like what Iím saying so you try to pretend itís nonsense when Iím fact your opinion right here is nonsense that nobody but biased and ignorant fans agree with.

    Also, Iím a chargers fan posting on a broncos smack board........of course most of you disagree with what Iím saying.

    Just because you Homerís canít handle a rival fans opinions that are backed up with facts doesnít mean my opinions are nonsense.

    It means you canít handle it and take it personal, which is why itís obvious you lose sleep at night over the bad things I say about the broncos.
    Canít handle? ....... Or maybe we just donít agree with you.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Left of Colorado
    Posts
    827
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    So you claim I make posts that are “full of nonsense” I post links of credible media outlets that all agree with my point of view and not yours.

    Yet I am the one that posts nonsense? Your issue is you just don’t like what I’m saying so you try to pretend it’s nonsense when I’m fact your opinion right here is nonsense that nobody but biased and ignorant fans agree with.

    Also, I’m a chargers fan posting on a broncos smack board........of course most of you disagree with what I’m saying.

    Just because you Homer’s can’t handle a rival fans opinions that are backed up with facts doesn’t mean my opinions are nonsense.

    It means you can’t handle it and take it personal, which is why it’s obvious you lose sleep at night over the bad things I say about the broncos.
    A lot of what you post is nonsense and you know it. Most of the time you spout your OPINIONS as if they were fact and that's when they become nonsense. You also know it's not all Bronco fans that think many of your posts are nonsense. You should buy a dictionary. It's a very useful tool to make sure you are using a word in its proper context. Like Fact: "something that actually exists; reality; truth" or Opinion: "a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty. Just because a majority of people, groups, media outlets support an opinion one way or the other, doesn't make them or you to be correct. Many majority opinions, negative and positive are proven wrong all the time. That's why their called opinions. You obviously struggle to use these two words in their proper context when attempting to make a valid point in favor of the Chargers or against the Broncos.

    Until you stop spouting your OPINIONS as if they were facts you continue to present yourself as a fool!

    You state many factual stats in your posts as if those stats, in your opinion, somehow equate to the Chargers team and players being better than the Broncos team and players....NONSENSE!

    NONSENSE: words or language having little or no sense or meaning,
    conduct, action, etc., that is senseless, foolish, or absurd,
    impudent, insubordinate, or otherwise objectionable behavior,
    something absurd or fatuous,
    anything of trifling importance or of little or no use.

    Mark Twain stated: "There's lies, there's damn lies, and then there's statistics!" His point was to be wary of stats, they can lead to people believing something that turns out to be total NONSENSE.

    Rivers has heavy duty quality stats. Good for him. Too bad his team has historical losing stats. But great stats don't make you a winner. Winning makes you a winner. Get it!
    Utah Bronco Freak

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    15,594
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    he's going to be okay eventually. he may miss the entire pre-season but he should be cleared by the start of the season or shortly after.

    the chargers are in trouble with their OL as a whole, its going to be a problem even with okung playing.
    You would think a glaring issue like that for at least five years would have been fixed with a good GM huh

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    2,528
    KC or Charred girls will win theWest, and NEVER.DO.ANYTHING in the playoffs,,,,,,,, EVERY. SINGLE.TIME!!!! Denver is the ONLY team in the AFC West that ever has, except the RAIDERS, and 1983 is the last time they put their MONEY where the MOUTH is!! LOLOLOLOLOL! When will the Chefs or Charred Girls EVER do ANYTHING?????
    oh YEAH?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •