Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I dont remember making that prediction but hey if it happens, great.

“Outlandish homerism”?

Isn’t that what you’ve expressed throughout your entire existence here???

I believe in my team, but call it what you will but I’ll always believe in them before I ever attempt to take your Cockamamie opinion!

I mean really, where does your credibility come from??? Tell me why Myself or anyone else here should ever take the word of a guy that insanely runs his mouth in favor of a team that has done crap in 68 years of existence???

C-mon Darph tell me and make it good!
    Baph is the master of talking from both sides of his mouth and he will never stop. Logic and opinions at times are never even close to being factual.
    I suggest his credibility comes from the same place as the people who claim the earth is flat and square like dice. Or people who claim we never went to the moon or that they've been abducted by aliens. It's just very twisted and deranged thinking and they don't care if other people believe them or think they're crazy. They really believe the bizarre "Cockamamie" stuff in their head!
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I know, guess I accidentally hit 6 instead of 5 when I posted
    I just didn't want to hear from the baphster that you were trying to pile on more forgettable "decades" and make him feel worse, if that's possible, than he already is about his historically inept, boring team and likely to be more decades of the same. Sad.
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    That's my guess. Nobody's paying him more than 10 million. The Chargers will probably have to kick him a little more in guarantees to get him back on the field, though. Otherwise he'll probably just sit out, and hit FA. Ekeler's not going to stay healthy at a high work rate, and Jackson just isn't that good, Idt. They'll get production, but they won't be the same. Kind of like Conner. They got production, but he's not LeVeon by a long shot. LA has to win now.
    The chargers are not trading him so if he sits out the entire season he won’t be a FA. He needs to come back by week 10 I believe in order to get credit for his final year and to become a FA in 2020

He should just take the 10 mill per and get to camp.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    The chargers are not trading him so if he sits out the entire season he won’t be a FA. He needs to come back by week 10 I believe in order to get credit for his final year and to become a FA in 2020

He should just take the 10 mill per and get to camp.
    A good GM would have him in camp

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    A good GM would have him in camp
    So if you were the gm you would make him the highest paid rb in the league?

So if you were the gm you would make him the highest paid rb in the league?
    No I would sweeten to pot a bit and get him to camp with him knowing next year he gets his contract, or he walks and gets his own

Knowing him in camp and in the games proving out for his possibly only big contract would benefit him and the team

No I would sweeten to pot a bit and get him to camp with him knowing next year he gets his contract, or he walks and gets his own

Knowing him in camp and in the games proving out for his possibly only big contract would benefit him and the team
    Care to elaborate? How would you “sweeten the pot” but still not give him a long term contract but still expect him to report? I don’t see it.

I’m guessing by the time December rolls around he will be helping the chargers secure a playoff birth.

Letting him sit until week 10 isn’t such a bad idea considering he usually goes down later in the season.
    Good point. It might actually work in the Chargers' favor to let him hold out a few weeks.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Care to elaborate? How would you “sweeten the pot” but still not give him a long term contract but still expect him to report? I don’t see it.

Should send telesco over to learn from his better elway

Seems to me elway did it for CHJ

Should send telesco over to learn from his better elway

Seems to me elway did it for CHJ
    Lol right, still waiting for you to explain to me how telesco can get Gordon into camp without a long term deal that makes him the highest paid RB (or on par)

Lol right, still waiting for you to explain to me how telesco can get Gordon into camp without a long term deal that makes him the highest paid RB (or on par)
    Same way elway got CHJ into camp when he was talking holdout for a new deal

Be a gm , he’s got 10.8 mill cap space
    Last edited by arapaho; 08-02-2019 at 10:09 PM.

Same way elway got CHJ into camp when he was talking holdout for a new deal

Be a gm , he’s got 10.8 mill cap space
    If Gordon was willing to take a one year contract he’d already be in camp.

The chargers already offered Gordon a multi year contract at 10 million per year, which would have made him the 4th highest paid running back and he called that “disrespect”

What do you think he’s gonna say if they offer him only a one year contract for only a little more?

Use your damn brain man. It takes two to tango.

Also, when it comes to the Chris Harris comparison. He took a one year contract that isn’t even top 10 money per year at his position.

There are a bunch of cb’s with multi year contracts getting paid more money per year.

Gordon would not do that, he wants a multi year contract and he wants to be or at least be on par with the highest paid backs in the league.

Terrible comparison, Arapaho. It’s a good thing you’re not a gm, you don’t seem to have much of a clue what the hell you're talking about.

Also, when it comes to the Chris Harris comparison. He took a one year contract that isn’t even top 10 money per year at his position.

There are a bunch of cb’s with multi year contracts getting paid more money per year.

Gordon would not do that, he wants a multi year contract and he wants to be or at least be on par with the highest paid backs in the league.

Terrible comparison, Arapaho. It’s a good thing you’re not a gm, you don’t seem to have much of a clue what the hell you're talking about.
    Well, like you said, he has to play this year at some point. If they get off to a good start, and get production out of their running backs, that only hurts his case. If they want him to come back sooner, they'll probably offer him more guaranteed money. A long term 10 million average annual is more than generous, and they're not going to pay him more than that. I wouldn't, but I'd offer him enough in guarantees to get him back in the event that it becomes obvious they need him.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Well, like you said, he has to play this year at some point. If they get off to a good start, and get production out of their running backs, that only hurts his case. If they want him to come back sooner, they'll probably offer him more guaranteed money. A long term 10 million average annual is more than generous, and they're not going to pay him more than that. I wouldn't, but I'd offer him enough in guarantees to get him back in the event that it becomes obvious they need him.
    I agree on all points. Although im not sure more guaranteed money will be enough. I’ve read they are 2-3 million per year apart.