Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 702
  1. #256
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    15,881
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    If Gordon was willing to take a one year contract he’d already be in camp.

    The chargers already offered Gordon a multi year contract at 10 million per year, which would have made him the 4th highest paid running back and he called that “disrespect”

    What do you think he’s gonna say if they offer him only a one year contract for only a little more?

    Use your damn brain man. It takes two to tango.
    What’s he gonna say

    Let’s see right now I have these choices

    1. I could take the contract and be secure but accept I think I could make more in FA

    2. I could hold out all year losing a accrual year

    3. I could hold out for ten games, losing most of my 5,000,0000 salary and then risk injury playing for peanuts in the last six

    4. Or I could accept this extra five mill, under conditions I won’t be tagged, earning 10 mill this season, come to camp, play my ass off and see who offers me the most next year

    5. Or I could go to PFF for all my answers


    What would you do bap
    Last edited by arapaho; 08-03-2019 at 10:13 AM.

  2. #257
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,270
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    What’s he gonna say

    Let’s see right now I have these choices

    1. I could take the contract and be secure but accept I think I could make more in FA

    2. I could hold out all year losing a accrual year

    3. I could hold out for ten games, losing most of my 5,000,0000 salary and then risk injury playing for peanuts in the last six

    4. Or I could accept this extra five mill, under conditions I won’t be tagged, earning 10 mill this season, come to camp, play my ass off and see who offers me the most next year

    5. Or I could go to PFF for all my answers


    What would you do bap
    Quote Originally Posted by DUH I’M DARPH
    Can I buy a vowel??? Please
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-03-2019 at 05:56 PM.

  3. #258
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,901
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    What’s he gonna say

    Let’s see right now I have these choices

    1. I could take the contract and be secure but accept I think I could make more in FA

    2. I could hold out all year losing a accrual year

    3. I could hold out for ten games, losing most of my 5,000,0000 salary and then risk injury playing for peanuts in the last six

    4. Or I could accept this extra five mill, under conditions I won’t be tagged, earning 10 mill this season, come to camp, play my ass off and see who offers me the most next year

    5. Or I could go to PFF for all my answers


    What would you do bap
    this is really dumb.

    why dont you tell that to every single GM/player that holds out, arapaho?

    chris haris screwed himself for taking that low ball contract. if he gets hurt, guess what that will do to his contract next year?

    melvin gordon isnt willing to do what you think he is, that's the bottom line. you seem to think the GM has control over what the player will accept,

    oh and are you suggesting i listen to your dumb opinions over the data at PFF? the dude that's defended every crap QB that's ever put on a broncos uni? the dude that said mike williams isn't explosive enough to play ion the NFL?

  4. #259
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    ill just respond like you would......."who's talking to you???? WAHHHHHHH!"

    if only you or arapaho had a single clue what you guys are talking about, then we could have an actual debate about this.
    Last edited by baphamet; 08-04-2019 at 08:07 AM.

  5. #260
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,901
    if you guys were smart football minds (or even mediocre football minds, lets be honest) you would realize that the chargers don't need to do anything, gordon will have to report at some point, he cant pull a bell because they are not willing to trade him. if gordon doesn't want to take the very reasonable contract offer that was offered to him, then he will need to report week 10 so he can preserve his body for next years contract.

    if the chargers offer him any more than what they have (other than possibly more guarantees) then i'm not going to be happy with that. the thought that gordon would take just a little bit more in a one year contract is dumb and not a possibility given what his expectations are.


  6. #261
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,270
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    if you guys were smart football minds (or even mediocre football minds, lets be honest) you would realize that the chargers don't need to do anything, gordon will have to report at some point, he cant pull a bell because they are not willing to trade him. if gordon doesn't want to take the very reasonable contract offer that was offered to him, then he will need to report week 10 so he can preserve his body for next years contract.

    if the chargers offer him any more than what they have (other than possibly more guarantees) then i'm not going to be happy with that. the thought that gordon would take just a little bit more in a one year contract is dumb and not a possibility given what his expectations are.

    What’s it say for a fan who more concerned about another teams football forum and fans over accepting the reality that things just may not be so great in his San angelos area.

    I’ve told you before that you should worry more about what’s happening there in that organization rather than spewing garbage in here but hey if you feel it’s so important that you need to justify every little thought you have to us then so be I guess.

    You spew garbage over Chargers talent every year and every year they fail to do anything.

    Flacco may not be anything special but together with Lindsay, Jano, Fant, Sanders and now Riddick, they’ll be a lot more competitive on offense than you care to accept but go ahead and keep on telling us about your dead bolts and how they’ll fail to properly handle negotiations with Gordon.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-04-2019 at 10:42 AM.

  7. #262
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    15,881
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    if you guys were smart football minds (or even mediocre football minds, lets be honest) you would realize that the chargers don't need to do anything, gordon will have to report at some point, he cant pull a bell because they are not willing to trade him. if gordon doesn't want to take the very reasonable contract offer that was offered to him, then he will need to report week 10 so he can preserve his body for next years contract.

    if the chargers offer him any more than what they have (other than possibly more guarantees) then i'm not going to be happy with that. the thought that gordon would take just a little bit more in a one year contract is dumb and not a possibility given what his expectations are.


    They don’t have to do anything, but develop a running game to take pressure off rivers

    With scrubs

    I get it you need this excuse in your hip pocket

  8. #263
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    What’s it say for a fan who more concerned about another teams football forum and fans over accepting the reality that things just may not be so great in his San angelos area.

    I’ve told you before that you should worry more about what’s happening there in that organization rather than spewing garbage in here but hey if you feel it’s so important that you need to justify every little thought you have to us then so be I guess.
    more crying sam? even without melvin gordon, with a bad OL, the chargers have a better offense than the broncos with all their pieces healthy. the chargers have a better team overall and the team has been built mostly through the draft. we don't have a GM that can't draft or sign a decent QB to save his life, we don't have a GM that needs to buy a HOF QB and his key pieces of his team in order to be competitive.

    and just because i come here talking smack doesn't mean i'm not paying attention to my team, who is without a doubt still better than yours. that's a sissy ass response from you, i think you need to find your snickers bar again, samantha.

    You spew garbage over Chargers talent every year and every year they fail to do anything.

    Flacco may not be anything special but together with Lindsay, Jano, Fant, Sanders and now Riddick, they’ll be a lot more competitive on offense than you care to accept but go ahead and keep on telling us about your dead bolts and how they’ll fail to properly handle negotiations with Gordon.
    so they failed to handle negotiations with gordon, meaning they didn't make him the highest paid RB int he league? that's what you would do in all your gm wisdom? the fact that you have arguably the worst starting QB over the last 5 years is why your offense is going to be mediocre at best again. riddick just got cut from the damn lions and you think that's a good signing?

    they brought thta dude in to upgrade their RB situation on third down. if you had a melvin gordon or an austin ekeler you wouldn't have to worry about that as much.

    you and your outlandish opinions are going to be fun to bring up here in a couple months......or less.

  9. #264
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,443
    Does anybody really blame Gordon, he plays behind a below average line.
    The Chargers with all the talent they have accumulated is still below average on both lines. They better hope Tillery can fix things on the interior line better than Forest Lamp did on the OLine.
    The Chargers are weak up the middle

  10. #265
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,901
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    They don’t have to do anything, but develop a running game to take pressure off rivers

    With scrubs

    I get it you need this excuse in your hip pocket
    they're not going to do what you think they "need" to do to get him to camp, which is make him the highest paid RB in the league. the fact that you think a one year 12 million contract is superior to a multi year 10 million contract (which he called disrespectful) tells me all i need to know about your "knowledge" of the situation.

  11. #266
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,901
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Does anybody really blame Gordon, he plays behind a below average line.
    The Chargers with all the talent they have accumulated is still below average on both lines. They better hope Tillery can fix things on the interior line better than Forest Lamp did on the OLine.
    The Chargers are weak up the middle
    i was with you when i first read the underlined......until i read the rest of your ignorant post lol

    I don't blame him for trying to get paid at all but he's said he still wants to be a charger.

    but you actually just said the chargers defensive line's talent is below average

    https://www.pff.com/news/pro-pff-ran...019-nfl-season

    https://www.pff.com/news/pro-lock-th...019-nfl-season

    even without tillery ever being drafted they are above average with ingram and a healthy joey bosa on the edge. another idiotic post to bookmark for later reference.

    not to mention not one of their starters at all LB positions are the same guys that finished the season. so while they were weak up the middle at the end of last season, you simply cannot make that same assessment now.

    oh and forrest lamp is projected to be a starter this year and has been with the 1's all camp. that's actually the only good news the OL has received this off season. but either way, the chargers are getting okung back eventually and have forrest lamp in the mix at guard now. but until okung gets back, our tackles are going to be a liability and that is why i'm more concerned about that than not having gordon.
    Last edited by baphamet; 08-04-2019 at 03:40 PM.

  12. #267
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    15,881
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    they're not going to do what you think they "need" to do to get him to camp, which is make him the highest paid RB in the league. the fact that you think a one year 12 million contract is superior to a multi year 10 million contract (which he called disrespectful) tells me all i need to know about your "knowledge" of the situation.
    Where did I say I think they should make him the highest paid fb?

    I didn’t did I, I personally hope he holds out the entire year, screwing himself and the chargers this year

    The fact is if the chargers won’t pay him what he wants, and he won’t take what they want

    The best case scenario is a sweetened deal with the agreement he can’t be tagged

    Ten mill this year and URFA next is his best outcome

    The fact your ignorant ass doesn’t get it means nothing, it’s complex

    You wouldn’t understand

    But fine let’s see if rivers can make the post season missing Gordon for at least ten games

    Lmao!!

  13. #268
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,901
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Where did I say I think they should make him the highest paid fb?

    I didn’t did I, I personally hope he holds out the entire year, screwing himself and the chargers this year

    The fact is if the chargers won’t pay him what he wants, and he won’t take what they want

    The best case scenario is a sweetened deal with the agreement he can’t be tagged

    Ten mill this year and URFA next is his best outcome

    The fact your ignorant ass doesn’t get it means nothing, it’s complex

    You wouldn’t understand

    But fine let’s see if rivers can make the post season missing Gordon for at least ten games

    Lmao!!
    oh i understand what you're saying clearly. you think because Chris Harris took a 12 million one year contract that gordon would do it too if telesco was somehow as smart as you.

    let me break it down to your ignorant ass gain.

    chris harris isn't even making top 10 money at his position (from a year by year basis) with that 12 million 1 year contract.

    the chargers offered gordon a multi year contract that would have made him the 4th highest paid running back (from a year by year basis)

    he called that disrespect
    .

    so you honestly think hes going to take only a 1 year contract for a few dollars more then possibly risk injury? what you seem to have no idea about is the fact that he could get hurt and screw himself out of millions of dollars. that's why he's holding out and that's why he likely doesn't report until week 10 no matter what.

    in fact, gordon even said as much when he was talking about bell. his dad asked him if bell was going to sit out the entire year and he said "yeah......i would too. come back and get hurt, why?"

    although gordon isn't sitting out the entire year because it literally gets him nothing. he's either going to take the contract offered to him (or possibly one very similar) or he's going to sit out to week 10 to preserve his body so he can stay healthy and get paid next season.

    he's not going to take an offer like chris harris did so he can "come back and get hurt" and the fact that you think a good GM would force him into an offer like that is based on pure 100% ignorance.

  14. #269
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,443
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i was with you when i first read the underlined......until i read the rest of your ignorant post lol

    I don't blame him for trying to get paid at all but he's said he still wants to be a charger.

    but you actually just said the chargers defensive line's talent is below average

    https://www.pff.com/news/pro-pff-ran...019-nfl-season

    https://www.pff.com/news/pro-lock-th...019-nfl-season

    even without tillery ever being drafted they are above average with ingram and a healthy joey bosa on the edge. another idiotic post to bookmark for later reference.

    not to mention not one of their starters at all LB positions are the same guys that finished the season. so while they were weak up the middle at the end of last season, you simply cannot make that same assessment now.

    oh and forrest lamp is projected to be a starter this year and has been with the 1's all camp. that's actually the only good news the OL has received this off season. but either way, the chargers are getting okung back eventually and have forrest lamp in the mix at guard now. but until okung gets back, our tackles are going to be a liability and that is why i'm more concerned about that than not having gordon.
    Bosa is awesome.......when he plays!!!!!!
    Ingram is great!!!!!........when Bosa Plays!!!
    Where was this amazing line in the playoffs?
    They got bullied!!!

  15. #270
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,270
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Bosa is awesome.......when he plays!!!!!!
    Ingram is great!!!!!........when Bosa Plays!!!
    Where was this amazing line in the playoffs?
    They got bullied!!!
    He’ll use the excuse that it was the “mighty patriots” that beat his “greatest team on paper”.
    However a Brock Osweiler led Broncos beat the Pats a few seasons ago.
    “A broken down PFM” beat the Pats a few seasons ago.

    So He’ll now come in and say “Denver’s D” was elite while proceeding to say his will be better because “this is not 2015”. However Denver’s defense will still be better than that disgusting mess in LA...

    Darph grossly over enjoys lying to himself!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-05-2019 at 06:47 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •