Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    he's confident in his team which many other people out there would say the chargers are legit contenders, unlike the broncos.

oh and i'm just going to post this here since your ignorant ass thinks that gordon just benefits from teams respecting the passing game and not loading the box to stop him.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...-stacked-boxes

:

the underlined it what i have been trying to explain to you since last year and you are incapable of understanding it.

lindsay wasn't even in the top 10 by the way, but don't let facts get in the way of your ignorance!
    welcome back...did you and noring get your business done?

lets try to win the west at least once this decade before you call yourself the best team in the league

one thing is for sure.....with joe flacco as your QB and a first timer OC, your team sure as hell isn't the team to beat in the division

it's funny to me that you donk fans are so confident that your team will be better than the bolts when every single aspect of your team is clearly inferior.

the broncos are closer to the raiders than they are the chargers or chiefs.
    inferior? face it you are terrified of the broncos showing even the slightest improvement...since you split with this ( inferior) team the last three season...did the chiefs split with us?? nope they had the better team and most importantly the better coaching staff than broncos...if its simply as you say the west plays the west and any team can win but doesn't mean they are better or as good

why have the chiefs swept us...and the bolts cant???

we have the better pass rush
    better dline
    better DBs, including three Cbs at the top
    we have a better oline
    better running game...you might have the better RB as of stats compared to two rookies, but as a offensive attack our running game is, was and has been the better group and will be again

you got the egde in qb play as of today

you have the edge in wrs as sanders is coming back from injury and Sutton, Hamilton and Patrick were rookies last year...right now

one thing is for sure.....with joe flacco as your QB and a first timer OC, your team sure as hell isn't the team to beat in the division

it's funny to me that you donk fans are so confident that your team will be better than the bolts when every single aspect of your team is clearly inferior.

the broncos are closer to the raiders than they are the chargers or chiefs.
    Whatís for sure is we went 2-2 vs the Bolts with Vance Joseph and Case Keenum/ Siemien at Qb. I like our chances this year with upgrades at on the coaching staff, and at QB, TE, G, T, S, & CB.

I will give respect to what KC and the Bolts have done, they clearly are the class of the division, but I donít think we are the doormat we were the last couple of seasons with the changes weíve made.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    welcome back...did you and noring get your business done?

lets try to win the west at least once this decade before you call yourself the best team in the league
    i'm sorry, was there a game i missed? or are you upset i am not here rehashing the same crap over and over?

I like how you totally ignored the fact that gordon was statistically the best back against 8+ in the box last year even though you claimed he is only good because of defenses respecting the chargers passing game and lindsay didn't even crack the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    inferior? face it you are terrified of the broncos showing even the slightest improvement...since you split with this ( inferior) team the last three season...did the chiefs split with us?? nope they had the better team and most importantly the better coaching staff than broncos...if its simply as you say the west plays the west and any team can win but doesn't mean they are better or as good

why have the chiefs swept us...and the bolts cant???

we have the better pass rush
    better dline
    better DBs, including three Cbs at the top
    we have a better oline
    better running game...you might have the better RB as of stats compared to two rookies, but as a offensive attack our running game is, was and has been the better group and will be again

you got the egde in qb play as of today

you have the edge in wrs as sanders is coming back from injury and Sutton, Hamilton and Patrick were rookies last year...right now
    again, why have the miami dolphins split with the patriots 3 out of the last 4 years? the patriots are a better team than any team in the west and the dolphins are a bad football team. how is it that the dolphins are just as good as the patriots since they always seem to split with them?

no you don't have a better pass rush, it is comparable though. we didn't even have our best pass rusher last year for most of the games.

better db's????? are you high or just trolling???

casey hayard 75.9 pff rating, pro bowler
    desmond king 88.2, second highest rated cover corner last year according to pff
    derwin james 87.8 pff grade, first team all pro as a rookie

chris harris 85.5 pff rating, pro bowler
    Yiadom (i have no idea who this is) 54.6 pff rating
    jackson 79.5 pff rating

you're straight up off your rocker if you think your defensive backs are better than ours.

i will give you that your OL is better than ours, that's literally the only thing better. it's looking like forrest lamp is finally totally healthy and going to take a spot at G so the run blocking will hopefully improve.

defensive lines are a wash and depends on health of the stars along those lines. also depends on which rookie DT has more success, i would argue tillery is the better pass rusher and arguably the best interior pass rusher in college football last season.

the chargers have Austin ekeler as well and have had success without even average run blocking. your backs are not better but your running game was definitely good and it will need to be again this season.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/sto...l-32-nfl-teams

6. Los Angeles Chargers
    Biggest strength: Casey Hayward and Desmond King form arguably the best cornerback duo in the league. King earned a coverage grade of 91.1 last season, leading all cornerbacks, while Hayward had a grade of 77.7, ranking 20th out of 131 qualifiers. And Hayward led the league with a 92.1 coverage grade in 2017. Expect him to bounce back, as he has consistently graded among the top cornerbacks since joining the league in 2012.

Biggest weakness: The Chargers' offensive line hasn't helped Philip Rivers much lately, as it ranked No. 29 in pass-blocking efficiency last season, allowing 185 total pressures (26 sacks, 34 hits and 125 hurries) on 552 pass-blocking snaps. Make no mistake, Rivers can play well when pressured, but providing a clean pocket for the veteran quarterback should be a priority heading into 2019.

X factor for 2019: Mike Williams made some serious noise in his sophomore season, as he earned a receiving grade of 81.3, ranking 17th out of 108 qualifying wide receivers. Williams was targeted 64 times last season and generated a passer rating of 134.4, the fifth-best mark among receivers in 2018. Playing alongside Keenan Allen, Melvin Gordon and a returning Hunter Henry, look for Williams to take advantage as opposing defenses focus on the Chargers' big three.
    yeah your DB's are better.......

he doesn't even mention derwin james, who is the x factor on the chargers defense for sure.

22. Denver Broncos
    Biggest strength: You could make a strong argument for Von Miller as the best edge defender in the business since being drafted in 2011. He earned an elite overall grade of 90.3 last season, giving him an overall grade of 90.0 or higher in all eight of his NFL seasons. It has been a few years since he led the Broncos to a Super Bowl victory, but he is still capable of doing so if the rest of Broncos' retooled defense can get back on track.

Biggest weakness: The Broncos haven't had good quarterback play since Peyton Manning's 2014 season. Joe Flacco will be Denver's third different starting QB in four years. He earned an overall grade of 72.0 last season, ranking 22nd out of 39 qualifying signal-callers. Time will tell if Flacco can finally solve the Broncos' quarterback problems or if it's on to rookie Drew Lock, who led the 2019 quarterback draft class in big-time throws in college last season.

X factor for 2019: Bradley Chubb had a solid rookie season in which he earned an overall grade of 68.1, ranking fifth out of 17 qualifying rookie edge defenders and 53rd out of 113 qualifiers at the position. His 57 total pressures (13 sacks, eight hits, 36 hurries) were the 19th-most among all edge defenders. If Chubb can take his game to the next level in his second year, the Broncos would once again have one of the most feared pass-rushing duos in the NFL.
    yeah man,chubb is already an elite top 5 pass rusher in the league according to you.

can't wait for the season to see reality slap you upside your head.

again, why have the miami dolphins split with the patriots 3 out of the last 4 years? the patriots are a better team than any team in the west and the dolphins are a bad football team. how is it that the dolphins are just as good as the patriots since they always seem to split with them?

no you don't have a better pass rush, it is comparable though. we didn't even have our best pass rusher last year for most of the games.

jackson 79.5 pff rating

you're straight up off your rocker if you think your defensive backs are better than ours.

i will give you that your OL is better than ours, that's literally the only thing better. it's looking like forrest lamp is finally totally healthy and going to take a spot at G so the run blocking will hopefully improve.

defensive lines are a wash and depends on health of the stars along those lines. also depends on which rookie DT has more success, i would argue tillery is the better pass rusher and arguably the best interior pass rusher in college football last season.

the chargers have Austin ekeler as well and have had success without even average run blocking. your backs are not better but your running game was definitely good and it will need to be again this season.

he doesn't even mention derwin james, who is the x factor on the chargers defense for sure.

yeah man,chubb is already an elite top 5 pass rusher in the league according to you.

Careful what you wish for baphs! Oh and above is a lot of talk to try to make Gordon sound better tha he is!
    Dude did nothing in the playoffs when it mattered most ( 9 carries 15 yards and a 1 a TD when your team was down 38-7)

Were t you saying the Patriots split with the Dolphins? Iím sure the Dolphins would have put up a better fight than your elite defense did in that game.

Sony Michel now theirs a guy who showed up to play, you should pound your chest more about his performance.

jackson 79.5 pff rating

Chubb may not be elite, ( due to a lack of flashing, almost sacks, and that unicorn of moves called the spin move), but he played all 16 games something Bosa couldnít do, and had 5 more sacks than Ingram.

Bosa and Ingram combined 12.5 sacks
    Chubb 12 sacks

Lol!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Chubb may not be elite, ( due to a lack of flashing, almost sacks, and that unicorn of moves called the spin move), but he played all 16 games something Bosa couldnít do, and had 5 more sacks than Ingram.

Chubb 12 sacks

Lol!!!!!
    If Chubb gets help from Gotsis and Walker blowing up guards, he can reach 20 sacks this season especially with a healthy Von opposite of him. Either way one of them should record above average numbers this season.

stacked at receiver??? the hell are you smoking sam??? I want some!

the chargers are more stacked at receiver and TE and have a good QB to get them the ball. literally the only thing that the broncos have on offense that you can argue that's better is their offensive line. but gordon still dominates and so does ekeler, despite that.

defensively there is no comparison as well. i mean yeah you guys still have von and possibly chubb but you guys are nowhere near as stacked up and down on defense as the chargers are. yeah i have said and acknowledged that the broncos have gotten better on paper but not by much IMO and that's mainly due to the fact that you still have a crap QB and vastly unproven receiving corps.

the only way i see the broncos being a threat this year is if their defense dominates like they did a couple years ago and i just don't see it. the "no fly zone" flew away, never to return.
    Guess that smoking comment is pretty funny amongst the rest of the 3rd grade class but anyway let me remind you that denver has a very quick leaping deep threat in Courtland Sutton, someone Flacco is already making great progress with.

Also we still have a Emmanuel Sanders, Desean Hamilton, Tim Patrick, Juwann Winfrey and Jordan Taylor.

Believe me, Coach Scangarello will use them properly.

Also we have Jake Butt, Noah Fant, Troy Fugamali and Jeff Heuerman. Believe it or not Heuerman finally seems to be coming into his especially with his blocking skill. Anyway my point is that Denver has the pieces to stretch the field of utilized correctly.

Believe me, this group will be utilized correctly, we arenít just going to look good on paper but fail miserably when the bullets start flying.

Remember Denver beats New England in the playoffs, they donít bend over dry like Philis and your sparklies did!

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Chubb may not be elite, ( due to a lack of flashing, almost sacks, and that unicorn of moves called the spin move), but he played all 16 games something Bosa couldn’t do, and had 5 more sacks than Ingram.

Chubb 12 sacks

Lol!!!!!
    that's dumb and skewed stats. chubb had 12 sacks but he was horribly inconsistent applying pressure even with von on the other side. ingram is consistently being disruptive and blowing plays up, even when bosa wasn't out there. its not just about sack totals, which is why he was a pro bowler considering his sack totals but you and arapaho will never get it.

Just my 2 cents in this discussion..... Baph, you like to use PFF a lot, so I want to use it for argument sake....

Denver was ranked 12th on the front 7 in PFF - The forgotten Shelby Harris didn't have as many snaps last year and he rated 90.5. He'll see more time to mix with Miller, Chubb, Wolfe, Gotsis, Walker, etc.....

LAC was ranked 15th on the front 7 in PFF - I know Bosa missed time so that may have affected this, but we can't say that for sure being there's nothing to judge that from. PFF even said Ingram was not as effective last season, (which I think makes a strong argument that he needs a strong player opposite him to make him successful).

Claiming Denvers DB's are not as good as the Chargers is highly debatable....

PFF ranks 3 Broncos CB's, (Harris Jr., Jackson, and Callahan), in the top 10.

PFF ranks 2 Charger CB's, (King and Hayward), in the top 25. King cracked the top 10.

I'll give you Derwin James.... He's a beast. We will see how it plays out with Jackson at Safety in Denver.

Just an interesting tidbit...... PFF O-line ranking going into the 2019 season has Denver ranked at 12 and LAC ranked at 29....
    Last edited by Stackhouser; 07-10-2019 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Guess that smoking comment is pretty funny amongst the rest of the 3rd grade class but anyway let me remind you that denver has a very quick leaping deep threat in Courtland Sutton, someone Flacco is already making great progress with.
    this is just an absurd take. between you thinking the broncos have a deep receiver class and arapaho thinking the broncos have better DB's than the chargers, it's clear you guys are living in pure denial.

you want to talk about a leaping threat? mike williams broke out last season and is better than any receiver currently on your team including the declining sanders and he's our #2 guy

mike williams became rives go to deep threat because of his leaping ability and the fact that he is so good catching the ball in traffic.

Williams earned the second-best pff grade in the red zone last season (82.6) ranking only behind Green Bay’s DaVante Adams, and among wide receivers with 10 or more red-zone targets, only Chris Godwin had a higher contested-target percentage.

never mind keenan allen who is an elite WR in the game. hunter henry who is now healthy and will be an elite TE like he was before the injury. yet the broncos are stacked huh? stacked with nobody's.

Also we still have a Emmanuel Sanders, Desean Hamilton, Tim Patrick, Juwann Winfrey and Jordan Taylor.

Believe me, Coach Scangarello will use them properly.
    who? a bunch of nobody's with sanders who's best football is behind him due to his age and injuries.

Also we have Jake Butt, Noah Fant, Troy Fugamali and Jeff Heuerman. Believe it or not Heuerman finally seems to be coming into his especially with his blocking skill. Anyway my point is that Denver has the pieces to stretch the field of utilized correctly.
    there is potential at TE but how will a rookie coordinator absolutely know how to utilize these unproven players and how will they will have success with flacco throwing them the ball? sounds like pure wishful thinking to me.

Believe me, this group will be utilized correctly, we aren’t just going to look good on paper but fail miserably when the bullets start flying.
    how do you know this?? sorry if i don't take your word for it. If you still had the peyton manning from 2013 then maybe i could see the confidence but you have no QB worth a damn and you have a rookie OC, how can you possibly know if he will use these unproven players in a manner where they will have success?

I am waiting for a take that actually makes sense and that isn't just wishful thinking optimism.

Remember Denver beats New England in the playoffs, they don’t bend over dry like Philis and your sparklies did!
    when was the last time the broncos beat them? who was the QB? who won the SB that year? how good is your team now compared to that team? who is the QB now? yeah you know where this is going.....

rivers was under duress all game and the pats offense could do anything they wanted on offense. ive already listed all the reasons why before but all those issues have been address this off season.

I also like how you call my smoking joke "3rd grade" but your "bend over dry" joke isn't immature at all! maybe you have a fetish for that kind of thing but smoking is just stepping over the line!

that's dumb and skewed stats. chubb had 12 sacks but he was horribly inconsistent applying pressure even with von on the other side. ingram is consistently being disruptive and blowing plays up, even when bosa wasn't out there. its not just about sack totals, which is why he was a pro bowler considering his sack totals but you and arapaho will never get it.
    Sure he was a rookie, and still had 12 sacks
    Wait til he gets some coaching from Fangio and plays with a lead!
    Last edited by 58Miller; 07-10-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Just my 2 cents in this discussion..... Baph, you like to use PFF a lot, so I want to use it for argument sake....

Denver was ranked 12th on the front 7 in PFF - The forgotten Shelby Harris didn't have as many snaps last year and he rated 90.5. He'll see more time to mix with Miller, Chubb, Wolfe, Gotsis, Walker, etc.....

LAC was ranked 15th on the front 7 in PFF - I know Bosa missed time so that may have affected this, but we can't say that for sure being there's nothing to judge that from. PFF even said Ingram was not as effective last season, (which I think makes a strong argument that he needs a strong player opposite him to make him successful).

Claiming Denvers DB's are not as good as the Chargers is highly debatable....

PFF ranks 2 Charger CB's, (King and Hayward), in the top 25. King cracked the top 10.

I'll give you Derwin James.... He's a beast. We will see how it plays out with Jackson at Safety in Denver.

Just an interesting tidbit...... PFF O-line ranking going into the 2019 season has Denver ranked at 12 and LAC ranked at 29....
    I did a little more digging...... Current projected possible starting DB's

DENVER

CB 1 - Harris
    S - Simmons
    S - Parks
    CB 2 - Jackson
    NCB - Callahan

CHARGERS

CB1 - Hayward
    S - James
    S - (currently listed as Phillips but could be the rookie Nasib)
    CB2 - Davis
    NCB - King

PFF has them ranked within a point of each other on avg. ( 77.82 and 76.26) I think it's a toss up, but again, PFF has 3 Denver players in the top 10 and LAC...... Nope.

As for D-line, we can only go off the point from last season to rate..... (What have you done for me lately)

DENVER

OLB - Miller
    DE - Wolfe
    NT - Harris
    DE - Gotsis
    OLB - Chubb

CHARGERS - Keep in mind, this is what the current depth is listing. I know Tillery will be in there, but there's no ranking on him, and we truly won't know what's there until he plays.

OLB - Nwosu
    DE - Bosa
    DT - Jones
    NT - Mebane
    DE - Ingram
    OLB - Wilson

Current PFF rankings for these has Denver avg. at 78.9 and LAC avg. at 65.9...... Denver has 2 players above a 90 ranking..... We can debate all we want on Nasib and Tillery, but we just don't have a bench mark for them in the NFL........... YET.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    yes i use pff a lot because none of us watch all the players and grade every snap from every play like those guys do.

front 7 includes LB'ers and the chargers lb'ers were their weakest aspect of their defense and absolutely decimated last season. they got their guys healthy back and brought in Thomas Davis as well, so that has been addressed but we will see.

yes ingram didn't have as successful of a year but according to pff it was still better than chubb's who had 12 sacks and had von on the other side the entire time.

Claiming Denvers DB's are not as good as the Chargers is highly debatable, even may be laughable....

no, you had two corners in the top 10, not three. jackson was rated the 14th corner and callahan only played part time.

the chargers? Desmond king was the second rated corner in the league but only "cracked" the top 10 according to you

casey hayward had a down season but he played at an elite level just the year before and is looking to bounce back.

trevor williams who also played at a very high level before getting hurt

derwin james, nuff said.

then the addition of nas adderley who was the best FS prospect in the draft. the chargers are loaded across the board in the secondary, don't want to take my word for it? okay......

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-nfl-sec...after-17-weeks

3. LOS ANGELES CHARGERS
    Along with Chicago, the Chargers were the only other NFL team to put multiple members on the PFF All-Pro secondary. Desmond King II earned the first team Flex position for his work as the league’s best slot cornerback and Derwin James was second-team safety as a rookie. The scary thing is, that doesn’t even include Casey Hayward Jr., who just last year won PFF’s award for top coverage defender.
    24. DENVER BRONCOS
    The No Fly Zone is no more. Chris Harris Jr. was still at the top of his game with an 86.0 overall grade, but Bradley Roby didn’t handle the transition to a full-time starter as well as John Elway had hoped. He allowed 807 yards, a 65.9% catch rate and a 117.3 passer rating in his coverage.
    https://sportsnaut.com/2019/06/nfl-d...chicago-bears/

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-draft#slide31

I honestly cannot find anyone that isn't a broncos fan that thinks it's arguable that Denver has as good of a secondary as the chargers, let alone the defense as a whole.

that is the one aspect of the broncos that's clearly better but we will see what happens because the chargers did draft a couple lineman and are finally getting a healthy forrest lam[p into the mix at guard this season.