Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 701
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    8,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    I did a little more digging...... Current projected possible starting DB's

    DENVER

    CB 1 - Harris
    S - Simmons
    S - Parks
    CB 2 - Jackson
    NCB - Callahan

    CHARGERS

    CB1 - Hayward
    S - James
    S - (currently listed as Phillips but could be the rookie Nasib)
    CB2 - Davis
    NCB - King

    PFF has them ranked within a point of each other on avg. ( 77.82 and 76.26) I think it's a toss up, but again, PFF has 3 Denver players in the top 10 and LAC...... Nope.


    As for D-line, we can only go off the point from last season to rate..... (What have you done for me lately)

    DENVER

    OLB - Miller
    DE - Wolfe
    NT - Harris
    DE - Gotsis
    OLB - Chubb

    CHARGERS - Keep in mind, this is what the current depth is listing. I know Tillery will be in there, but there's no ranking on him, and we truly won't know what's there until he plays.

    OLB - Nwosu
    DE - Bosa
    DT - Jones
    NT - Mebane
    DE - Ingram
    OLB - Wilson

    Current PFF rankings for these has Denver avg. at 78.9 and LAC avg. at 65.9...... Denver has 2 players above a 90 ranking..... We can debate all we want on Nasib and Tillery, but we just don't have a bench mark for them in the NFL........... YET.....
    Nice post!!!! Baphs lives by PFF and claims his team is PFF Champs on paper, then they have to play the games and fail to sweep our squad and get schooled in the playoffs ( against teams who split with the dolphins).

    Canít wait to see this defense with experienced coaching staff and on offense PFF has our oline improved:
    https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...cus-133530670/

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,567
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    yes i use pff a lot because none of us watch all the players and grade every snap from every play like those guys do.




    front 7 includes LB'ers and the chargers lb'ers were their weakest aspect of their defense and absolutely decimated last season. they got their guys healthy back and brought in Thomas Davis as well, so that has been addressed but we will see.



    yes ingram didn't have as successful of a year but according to pff it was still better than chubb's who had 12 sacks and had von on the other side the entire time.



    no, you had two corners in the top 10, not three. jackson was rated the 14th corner and callahan only played part time.

    the chargers? Desmond king was the second rated corner in the league but only "cracked" the top 10 according to you

    casey hayward had a down season but he played at an elite level just the year before and is looking to bounce back.

    trevor williams who also played at a very high level before getting hurt

    derwin james, nuff said.

    then the addition of nas adderley who was the best FS prospect in the draft. the chargers are loaded across the board in the secondary, don't want to take my word for it? okay......

    https://www.pff.com/news/pro-nfl-sec...after-17-weeks





    https://sportsnaut.com/2019/06/nfl-d...chicago-bears/

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-draft#slide31

    I honestly cannot find anyone that isn't a broncos fan that thinks it's arguable that Denver has as good of a secondary as the chargers, let alone the defense as a whole.





    that is the one aspect of the broncos that's clearly better but we will see what happens because the chargers did draft a couple lineman and are finally getting a healthy forrest lam[p into the mix at guard this season.
    Why post a PFF post from before the season was even over and Denver's secondary is different???...... Here's a PFF report showing 3 Broncos in the top 10....... And King is the only Charger in the top 10......

    https://www.pff.com/news/pro-top-25-...he-nfl-in-2018


    Forgot to add...... You can say all you want about rookies but they haven't played an NFL snap..... You have no idea what you're going to get.... Maybe great, maybe not.... Time will tell. Active players, Denver is just fine.
    Last edited by Stackhouser; 07-10-2019 at 11:58 AM.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    8,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Baph----------------------

    PFF - Top rated Corners in 2018

    https://www.pff.com/news/pro-top-25-...he-nfl-in-2018

    3 Broncos in the top 10.........
    This is interesting, and good to see Elway moved on from Talib and Roby at the right time. I think Yiadom makes strides this year with Fangio. Also scary to think what our corners can do with a lead and what our pass rush can do with these guys covering.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North Bend, Oregon
    Posts
    3,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Why post a PFF post from before the season was even over and Denver's secondary is different???...... Here's a PFF report showing 3 Broncos in the top 10....... And King is the only Charger in the top 10......

    https://www.pff.com/news/pro-top-25-...he-nfl-in-2018


    Forgot to add...... You can say all you want about rookies but they haven't played an NFL snap..... You have no idea what you're going to get.... Maybe great, maybe not.... Time will tell. Active players, Denver is just fine.
    Facts...those nasty things. You're going to confuse baph again.


    2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Adopted Bronco: Chris Harris Jr.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Why post a PFF post from before the season was even over and Denver's secondary is different???...... Here's a PFF report showing 3 Broncos in the top 10....... And King is the only Charger in the top 10......

    https://www.pff.com/news/pro-top-25-...he-nfl-in-2018


    Forgot to add...... You can say all you want about rookies but they haven't played an NFL snap..... You have no idea what you're going to get.... Maybe great, maybe not.... Time will tell. Active players, Denver is just fine.
    It was after week 17, the last time your team played and the last week where the grades were recorded.

    Your secondary is simply not on the same level across the board.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,549
    Also, We are talking dbís and not just corners. Find me just one article this year that had the broncos secondary listed as a top 5 unit like the chargers are rated

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    8,975
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    It was after week 17, the last time your team played and the last week where the grades were recorded.

    Your secondary is simply not on the same level across the board.
    And Last time this defense you keep bragging about played they gave up 35 pts in the first half of a playoff game vs a team who split with the Dolphins 🐬
    Lol!!!í

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    12,564
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    this is just an absurd take. between you thinking the broncos have a deep receiver class and arapaho thinking the broncos have better DB's than the chargers, it's clear you guys are living in pure denial.

    you want to talk about a leaping threat? mike williams broke out last season and is better than any receiver currently on your team including the declining sanders and he's our #2 guy
    Why do you keep comparing your playoff losers to Denverís WRs? Where did I make any comparisons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Duh Iím DARPH
    mike williams became rives go to deep threat because of his leaping ability and the fact that he is so good catching the ball in traffic.

    Williams earned the second-best pff grade in the red zone last season (82.6) ranking only behind Green Bayís DaVante Adams, and among wide receivers with 10 or more red-zone targets, only Chris Godwin had a higher contested-target percentage.

    never mind keenan allen who is an elite WR in the game. hunter henry who is now healthy and will be an elite TE like he was before the injury.
    I dont CARRRRE! Iím was talking about Denverís talent being a lot better than you want to accept.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duh Iím Darph
    yet the broncos are stacked huh? stacked with nobody's.
    Ok itís clear that the playoff loss has really gotten to you.

    Your taking far too much offense when I say my team/the better team has more talent than you can accept.

    I think you need to take a chill pill and then go talk it out.

    WTH Did you have a lot of greens tied in the AFC championship last season?

    Perhaps you lost another sig bet? (Should be used to that because we all know you lose sig bets all the time). Either way no matter the reason, you really need to talk to someone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duh Iím Darph
    who? a bunch of nobody's with sanders who's best football is behind him due to his age and injuries.

    there is potential at TE but how will a rookie coordinator absolutely know how to utilize these unproven players and how will they will have success with flacco throwing them the ball? sounds like pure wishful thinking to me.
    Heís an NFL rookie coordinator but however heís no rookie to coaching at the NFL level but keep putting stock into youíre asinine assumptions, youíll just lose another bet!

    Quote Originally Posted by Duh Iím Darph
    how do you know this?? sorry if i don't take your word for it. If you still had the peyton manning from 2013 then maybe i could see the confidence but you have no QB worth a damn and you have a rookie OC, how can you possibly know if he will use these unproven players in a manner where they will have success?

    I am waiting for a take that actually makes sense and that isn't just wishful thinking optimism.
    The guy slept on a couch in a closet in his free time to learn a very complicated Mike Shanahan coaching system and style. Thatís determination.

    Not only that but he has a ton of talent and untapped potential to work with in the wide receivers that Iíve already mentioned.

    It isnít my fault that you could not recognize talent in Cortland Sutton, DeSean Hamilton, Tim Patrick and, Jordan Taylor while watching them all play last season.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duh Iím Darph
    when was the last time the broncos beat them? who was the QB? who won the SB that year? how good is your team now compared to that team? who is the QB now? yeah you know where this is going.....

    rivers was under duress all game and the pats offense could do anything they wanted on offense. ive already listed all the reasons why before but all those issues have been address this off season.
    We beat them with Brock Osweiler in 2015, while Philis with all that ďdamnĒ talent around him bent over dry...

    Quote Originally Posted by Duh Iím Darph
    I also like how you call my smoking joke "3rd grade" but your "bend over dry" joke isn't immature at all! maybe you have a fetish for that kind of thing but smoking is just stepping over the line!
    At least my joke was funny and pretty accurate!

    No I am not smoking the devils lettuce mind you but did Philis and the Chargers not get their asses handed to them by an extremely stupid dodo whoís led down the field like puppet on a string in Gronkowski?

    Or by an undersized hobbit catching really short passes over the middle against that great defense featuring Derwin James?

    Or by an aging cheating QB that doesnít like to get hit however the great pass rushing Bosa and Ingram couldnít muster one single sack for loss?

    Your so funny sometimes but in the words of ManningRules, ďaccept it or seek helpĒ, meaning, your team may be the greatest team of all time on paper but in reality theyíll just exit the playoffs early once again if they even make it that far at all!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 07-10-2019 at 06:53 PM.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,567
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    It was after week 17, the last time your team played and the last week where the grades were recorded.

    Your secondary is simply not on the same level across the board.
    Again....... You showing grades from last season holds zero merit for Denvers DB's.... I provide a pff report showing 3 Broncos CB's ranked in the top 10. 2 of those players weren't in Denver week 17 of last year. Those rankings mean nothing now.

    So I'd guess if you added the safeties to that, maybe the Chargers could add James up the list but that would still not change the fact that Denver had 3 ranked in the top 10 in your beloved pff grades.

    So with that being said, from what pff shows across the board....

    King is a high grade and James is a high grade

    Harris, Jackson, and Callahan are still graded higher than the rest of the Chargers DB's not named King and James..... I think your board you're looking across is a bit slanted in a powder blue shade...

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Again....... You showing grades from last season holds zero merit for Denvers DB's.... I provide a pff report showing 3 Broncos CB's ranked in the top 10. 2 of those players weren't in Denver week 17 of last year. Those rankings mean nothing now.

    So I'd guess if you added the safeties to that, maybe the Chargers could add James up the list but that would still not change the fact that Denver had 3 ranked in the top 10 in your beloved pff grades.

    So with that being said, from what pff shows across the board....

    King is a high grade and James is a high grade

    Harris, Jackson, and Callahan are still graded higher than the rest of the Chargers DB's not named King and James..... I think your board you're looking across is a bit slanted in a powder blue shade...
    so let me get this straight........last years grades mean nothing except when it suits you? you mentioned the front 7 rankings and used it to make your argument, yet those rankings came out after week 17 as well.

    even though the chargers lb'ers were absolutely decimated and not one guy is returning that finished that season healthy. also, no you did not have 3 corners in the top 10



    that was the top 10 corners from last year taking directly from their website and that's just corner back, the argument was about "defensive backs" which includes the entire secondary, not just corners.

    the chargers have two elite quality corners right now, casey hayward and desmond king are elite players at the CB position, even though casey had a down year. his entire career he's posted 85+ pff ratings every single year except lats year. the year before last he was the #1 cover corner in the league.

    that's not even considering derwin james at SS. your secondary may or may not be improved (just like the additions of adderley and tillery as you said) but it still isn't on the level of the chargers, it's no longer the "no fly zone"

    lastly, if i'm looking at it through a powder blue lens, then why is it literally everyone agrees with me? show me someone credible that thinks denver's secondary is better than the chargers going forward. ive already posted multiple links supporting my claims.

    ever stop and think that maybe you are the one looking at things through puke orange glasses?

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Why do you keep comparing your playoff losers to Denver’s WRs? Where did I make any comparisons?


    I dont CARRRRE! I’m was talking about Denver’s talent being a lot better than you want to accept.
    i am not replying to all that nonsense. i laughed at the notion that the Denver WR's are "stacked" no they are not. ive acknowledged that the broncos look improved on paper but not in a major way.

    if you don't want me to compare the chargers WR's who actually are stacked then don't try to make those asinine claims.

    just say they have potential and leave it at that.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    8,975
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    so let me get this straight........last years grades mean nothing except when it suits you? you mentioned the front 7 rankings and used it to make your argument, yet those rankings came out after week 17 as well.

    even though the chargers lb'ers were absolutely decimated and not one guy is returning that finished that season healthy. also, no you did not have 3 corners in the top 10



    that was the top 10 corners from last year taking directly from their website and that's just corner back, the argument was about "defensive backs" which includes the entire secondary, not just corners.

    the chargers have two elite quality corners right now, casey hayward and desmond king are elite players at the CB position, even though casey had a down year. his entire career he's posted 85+ pff ratings every single year except lats year. the year before last he was the #1 cover corner in the league.

    that's not even considering derwin james at SS. your secondary may or may not be improved (just like the additions of adderley and tillery as you said) but it still isn't on the level of the chargers, it's no longer the "no fly zone"

    lastly, if i'm looking at it through a powder blue lens, then why is it literally everyone agrees with me? show me someone credible that thinks denver's secondary is better than the chargers going forward. ive already posted multiple links supporting my claims.

    ever stop and think that maybe you are the one looking at things through puke orange glasses?
    What happen to your elite secondary in the playoffs last year?
    35-7 at half time? PFF May be overrated 😏

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    12,564
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i am not replying to all that nonsense.i laughed at the notion that the Denver WR's are "stacked" no they are not. ive acknowledged that the broncos look improved on paper but not in a major way.

    if you don't want me to compare the chargers WR's who actually are stacked then don't try to make those asinine claims.

    just say they have potential and leave it at that.
    ďNonsenseĒ? Dude youíre full of nonsense, itís what you do In here every day.

    Learn to accept defeat. Realize that your team isnít half as good as your sheet of paper suggests.

    Stop relying on PFF so much, stop going off their eye test and try going off your own for once.

    I will continue to say Denverís Receiving core is stacked. Iíve watched them myself and I donít rely on a 3rd party like PFF to give me all my information.

    Nonsense? You do a damn good job of defining it.


    Oh yeah and whatís this bologna with Melvin Gordon saying he is not going to report to training camp unless he gets a contract extension? 😂😂😂

    I suppose weíre now going to hear how good ekeler is. LOL
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 07-11-2019 at 07:10 AM.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    8,975
    Team to beat!!!! Now unless they pay him wants out lol!!

    https://mobile.twitter.com/bleacherr...16683221389315

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,549
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Team to beat!!!! Now unless they pay him wants out lol!!

    https://mobile.twitter.com/bleacherr...16683221389315
    He is pulling a bell, guess heís done as a charger then.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •