Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    “Numbnuts”? God you’re a baby anyway i was pretty certain it was over who would get to 40 but anyway I’m sorry if I don’t keep my conversations with little ole you stored in my memory like you do.

Either way it’s another bet you’ll lose but hey I know you’re just so used to losing, so it really doesn’t matter!
    LOL yeah i'm a baby for keeping track of a sig bet we literally just made and you already forgot. i'm guessing both teams will get 40 sacks, the chargers had 38 last year without bosa most of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I doubt anybody would give up a first rd pick for a running back who struggles to stay healthy.
    Running back is a tough position because teams don’t value them past a certain age due to their workload.
    you could be right but gordon is only 26 years old and one of the most productive RB's in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    you could be right but gordon is only 26 years old and one of the most productive RB's in the game.
    Gordon is a talented player but a first rd pick and then having to sign him to a new 3 or 4 year deal at $12 to $14 million a year would have to be a team that is just a player away from contending. Seeing what a more talented back in Bell got, I just donít think the market is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Didn't you know that Ekeler is better than Gordon? PFF says so at least....

Ekeler rated at 83.6 to Gordon's 83.1..... No Problem!!
    Plus didnít you know

Ekeler flashed!!!

LOL yeah i'm a baby for keeping track of a sig bet we literally just made and you already forgot. i'm guessing both teams will get 40 sacks, the chargers had 38 last year without bosa most of the season.
    No itís because of the name calling anyway there really isnít a need for me to remember such a bet because the broncos are going come out with more anyway so Iím not worried about it.

The Chargers were actually better without Bosa... it wasnít until his return that their pass rush numbers started to decline a bit.

Gordon is a talented player but a first rd pick and then having to sign him to a new 3 or 4 year deal at $12 to $14 million a year would have to be a team that is just a player away from contending. Seeing what a more talented back in Bell got, I just donít think the market is out there.
    Your right, the market isnít there plus Gordonís scheduled to earn 5.4 million this season if Iím correct. Itís really hard to see him going the Leveon Bell route and giving that up.

Heís good but heís not leveon Bell good nor is he Zeke Eliot good therefore I donít see anyone giving up more than a 3rd for him if that!

Your right, the market isnít there plus Gordonís scheduled to earn 5.4 million this season if Iím correct. Itís really hard to see him going the Leveon Bell route and giving that up.

Heís good but heís not leveon Bell good nor is he Zeke Eliot good therefore I donít see anyone giving up more than a 3rd for him if that!
    The guy has only played a full season once

No it’s because of the name calling anyway there really isn’t a need for me to remember such a bet because the broncos are going come out with more anyway so I’m not worried about it.

The Chargers were actually better without Bosa... it wasn’t until his return that their pass rush numbers started to decline a bit.
    #1 https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...91#post5816291

you really are a giant hypocrite. ive gotten posts removed for doing what you did in that post. it's all fun and games until you start picking on samantha!

#2 do you actually think its because of bosa that their pass rush was less effective? or possibly that teams started tio realize that there was no inside pass rush?

you can believe what you want, you think your team has a stacked WR core.....nuff said right there.

Your right, the market isn’t there plus Gordon’s scheduled to earn 5.4 million this season if I’m correct. It’s really hard to see him going the Leveon Bell route and giving that up.

He’s good but he’s not leveon Bell good nor is he Zeke Eliot good therefore I don’t see anyone giving up more than a 3rd for him if that!
    are you sure about that? look what happened when connor stepped in to run behind that line, they barely missed a beat running the football. look at the line that zeke runs behind? both those lines are elite OL's in the NFL while the chargers are bottom 5 units.

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-nfl-off...-entering-2019

gordon runs behind much weaker run blocking than those guys, the chargers OL is by far the weakest unit on the team currently.

Only 3 NFL running backs averaged 70+ rushing YPG and 40+ receiving YPG in 2018:

1. Todd Gurley
    2. Saquon Barkley
    3. Melvin Gordon

Of those 3, Gordon was the ONLY one who averaged MORE than 6.0 yards per TOUCH.

Since 2016, Melvin Gordon’s production:
    * 28 rushing TD, T-2nd most in the NFL
    * 10 receiving TD, T-4th most amongst RB
    * 38 TD from scrimmage, 2nd most in the NFL

Melvin Gordon is the only running back in the NFL to earn an 80.0-plus grade when carrying the football against a defense with eight or more men in the box

if you put gotdon behind a line like dallas or pits? he would definitely be as good if not better than both zeke and bell. the only issue would be staying healthy.

that said, I am not down for giving him the kind of money he wants especially if hes going to demand a trade if he doesn't get what he wants by TC. I say to any player that makes a threat like that......

Last edited by baphamet; 07-14-2019 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    The guy has only played a full season once
    same with elliot, gurley, and bell if we're being honest. he has been out slightly more than those guys, though. the health isn't as big of a concern as you are pretending it is but it it's enough of a concern not to pay him a ridiculous contract. although, i wouldn't pay any of those guys a contract like gordon wants.

are you sure about that? look what happened when connor stepped in to run behind that line, they barely missed a beat running the football. look at the line that zeke runs behind? both those lines are elite OL's in the NFL while the chargers are bottom 5 units.

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-nfl-off...-entering-2019

gordon runs behind much weaker run blocking than those guys, the chargers OL is by far the weakest unit on the team currently.

Only 3 NFL running backs averaged 70+ rushing YPG and 40+ receiving YPG in 2018:

1. Todd Gurley
    2. Saquon Barkley
    3. Melvin Gordon

Of those 3, Gordon was the ONLY one who averaged MORE than 6.0 yards per TOUCH.

Since 2016, Melvin Gordon’s production:
    * 28 rushing TD, T-2nd most in the NFL
    * 10 receiving TD, T-4th most amongst RB
    * 38 TD from scrimmage, 2nd most in the NFL

Melvin Gordon is the only running back in the NFL to earn an 80.0-plus grade when carrying the football against a defense with eight or more men in the box

if you put gotdon behind a line like dallas or pits? he would definitely be as good if not better than both zeke and bell. the only issue would be staying healthy.

that said, I am not down for giving him the kind of money he wants especially if hes going to demand a trade if he doesn't get what he wants by TC. I say to any player that makes a threat like that......

Royce Freeman 4th in that group!!!! Dang you said Denver was trash and heís not even out best back.
    Thank you for sharing 👍

Put Melvin Gordon on the Giants and nobody would know who the hell he is. And if you think Melvin Gordon is injury prone, give Austin Ekeler 20 touches a game, and watch him disappear from the NFL. Gordon can't even stay healthy with 20. He doesn't even average 20 for his career, and he's always hurt. Ezekiel Elliott averages 25. It's not even debatable. Gordon isn't worth half the money he thinks he's worth.

Since he's been in the league, Elliott has rushed against a stacked box 6.4 times per game. In that same time, Gordon has rushed against a stacked box 5.2 times per game, and he's always hurt. Comparing Elliott to Gordon is delirious.

Royce Freeman 4th in that group!!!! Dang you said Denver was trash and he’s not even out best back.
    Thank you for sharing ��
    he's also 240 lbs, a bruiser like that should be good against a stacked box. he gets those opportunities because lindsay isn't as good against stacked boxes or in 3rd/4th and short situations. gordon can do it all and do it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Put Melvin Gordon on the Giants and nobody would know who the hell he is. And if you think Melvin Gordon is injury prone, give Austin Ekeler 20 touches a game, and watch him disappear from the NFL. Gordon can't even stay healthy with 20. He doesn't even average 20 for his career, and he's always hurt. Ezekiel Elliott averages 25. It's not even debatable. Gordon isn't worth half the money he thinks he's worth.

Since he's been in the league, Elliott has rushed against a stacked box 6.4 times per game. In that same time, Gordon has rushed against a stacked box 5.2 times per game, and he's always hurt. Comparing Elliott to Gordon is delirious.
    stacked box percentage has very little to do with that. consider Elliott runs behind arguably the best run blocking OL in football and gordon's OL is on the opposite end of the spectrum. find the yards before initial contact average stat and you will see what i'm talking about (i can't find it right now)

you put gordon on the cowboys and watch him become a superstar, even if he does get hurt. he's still played in 55/64( 85% )of his possible games. for example, bell, who played 62/80 (77%) of his possible games (not including his hold out last year) and ran behind an elite OL like elliot does, isn't considered a lesser back because he's been "always hurt".

yes injuries are a concern but if you put him behind a better OL he's going to dominate even more and possibly be injured less because he's taking less punishment per run.

if you're really not considering the difference in the lines they run behind and assume they both take the same punishment per run, that's straight up delusional.

stacked box percentage has very little to do with that. consider Elliott runs behind arguably the best run blocking OL in football and gordon's OL is on the opposite end of the spectrum. find the yards before initial contact average stat and you will see what i'm talking about (i can't find it right now)

you put gordon on the cowboys and watch him become a superstar, even if he does get hurt. he's still played in 55/64( 85% )of his possible games. for example, bell, who played 62/80 (77%) of his possible games (not including his hold out last year) and ran behind an elite OL like elliot does, isn't considered a lesser back because he's been "always hurt".

yes injuries are a concern but if you put him behind a better OL he's going to dominate even more and possibly be injured less because he's taking less punishment per run.

if you're really not considering the difference in the lines they run behind and assume they both take the same punishment per run, that's straight up delusional.
    If Dallas' offensive line is so much better than SD's, then why the hell did Austin Ekeler average 5.2 yards per carry, and Rod Smith average 2.9? If Melvin Gordon was on the Cowboys, they wouldn't have been a playoff team last year. Facts, man.