Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 92
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    688
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel51 View Post
    Just watched this on youtube this morning while eating breakfast and thought I’d share for discussion.

    10 - Von Miller
    9 - Karl Mecklenberg
    8 - Randy Gradisher
    7 - Steve Atwater
    6 - Rod Smith
    5 - Peyton Manning
    4 - Champ Bailey
    3 - Shannon Sharpe
    2 - Terrell Davis
    1 - John Elway


    An interesting comment was made about Davis. One commentator said, next to Jerry Rice, he thought Davis was the greatest non-QB in playoff history. Quite the compliment.
    So...I have no qualms with this list....only questions....became a Bronco fan because of Elway....watched him his rookie year and saw that competitiveness, and became a true fan the following year. I've never seen Gradisher play....I'm not questioning him....I am questioning Mecklenburg. Saw him play plenty and was entertained....but, wasn't Tom Jackson better ? Loved Al Wilson and would have loved to see him on the list....also....Tombstone Jackson....isn't he in the "he changed the game " type of player ? I hate getting old, but I wish I had seen the older years to have a better stance to take here.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    15,952
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    So...I have no qualms with this list....only questions....became a Bronco fan because of Elway....watched him his rookie year and saw that competitiveness, and became a true fan the following year. I've never seen Gradisher play....I'm not questioning him....I am questioning Mecklenburg. Saw him play plenty and was entertained....but, wasn't Tom Jackson better ? Loved Al Wilson and would have loved to see him on the list....also....Tombstone Jackson....isn't he in the "he changed the game " type of player ? I hate getting old, but I wish I had seen the older years to have a better stance to take here.
    Karl M could play any position in the front seven, had multiple all pro’s and was a perennial pro bowler. He is in the discussion for best LB to ever wear orange and blue.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Section 120 Row 26
    Posts
    2,811
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel51 View Post
    Just watched this on youtube this morning while eating breakfast and thought I’d share for discussion.

    10 - Von Miller
    9 - Karl Mecklenberg
    8 - Randy Gradisher
    7 - Steve Atwater
    6 - Rod Smith
    5 - Peyton Manning
    4 - Champ Bailey
    3 - Shannon Sharpe
    2 - Terrell Davis
    1 - John Elway


    An interesting comment was made about Davis. One commentator said, next to Jerry Rice, he thought Davis was the greatest non-QB in playoff history. Quite the compliment.
    Ridiculous that Peyton Manning is #5 and Von Miller is #10, no Simon Fletcher??? Peyton Manning belongs behind only John Elway in Broncos history. Manning was a better QB in his career than Elway (my opinion), and set the NFL all-time records for most yards, TDs and most team offensive points for a single season in a Broncos' uniform. He also won a league MVP wearing a Broncos jersey, which Champ Bailey and Shannon Sharpe never did. Von MIller is a Superbowl MVP and future hall of famer.

    Here's my list:

    1. John Elway
    2. Peyton Manning
    3. Terrell Davis
    4. Von Miller
    5. Floyd Little
    6. Shannon Sharpe
    7. Simon Fletcher
    8. Steve Atwater
    9. Champ Bailey
    10. Rod Smith

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,155
    1. Elway
    2. Peyton
    3. Floyd
    4. TD
    5. Gradishar
    6. Champ
    7. Meck
    8. Von
    9. Zimmerman
    10. Tom Jackson, Steve Atwater, Dennis Smith, Louis Wright (tie)

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    1. Elway
    2. Peyton
    3. Floyd
    4. TD
    5. Gradishar
    6. Champ
    7. Meck
    8. Von
    9. Zimmerman
    10. Tom Jackson, Steve Atwater, Dennis Smith, Louis Wright (tie)
    I like the idea of a tied for 10th place TOP 10 level.
    Add Tombstone Jackson to 10. Rod Smith. Chris Harris. Lionel Taylor. Tom Nalen.
    Sharpe has to be somewhere on the list.

    Fun to think about all of the really good players over the years.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    688
    https://thegruelingtruth.com/footbal...bstonejackson/

    Interesting article

    Looking at Wikipedia.....Tom Jackson had only 13 Sacks, but 20 interceptions = 13 years
    Karl Mecklenburg only 5 interceptions, but 80 , yes 80 sacks = 11 years 1200 tackles
    Randy Gradishar only 5 sacks, but also 20 interceptions = 9 years - 2050 tackles though
    Last edited by skeeter01; 06-15-2019 at 05:51 AM.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    12,935
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    Ridiculous that Peyton Manning is #5 and Von Miller is #10, no Simon Fletcher??? Peyton Manning belongs behind only John Elway in Broncos history. Manning was a better QB in his career than Elway (my opinion), and set the NFL all-time records for most yards, TDs and most team offensive points for a single season in a Broncos' uniform. He also won a league MVP wearing a Broncos jersey, which Champ Bailey and Shannon Sharpe never did. Von MIller is a Superbowl MVP and future hall of famer.

    Here's my list:

    1. John Elway
    2. Peyton Manning
    3. Terrell Davis
    4. Von Miller
    5. Floyd Little
    6. Shannon Sharpe
    7. Simon Fletcher
    8. Steve Atwater
    9. Champ Bailey
    10. Rod Smith
    John Elway is tthe best qb to put on the uniform. John Elway, TD and Von Miller each have SB mvps and belong ahead of Manning on the list. Manning would not have won a SB in our uniform if not for Miller. I think Fletcher was a great Bronco, but no way was he better than Gradishar or a few others who didn't make the list. Great Bronco but not top 10 all time by a long shot.
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

    ― Mark Twain



  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,830
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel51 View Post
    Just watched this on youtube this morning while eating breakfast and thought I’d share for discussion.

    10 - Von Miller
    9 - Karl Mecklenberg
    8 - Randy Gradisher
    7 - Steve Atwater
    6 - Rod Smith
    5 - Peyton Manning
    4 - Champ Bailey
    3 - Shannon Sharpe
    2 - Terrell Davis
    1 - John Elway


    An interesting comment was made about Davis. One commentator said, next to Jerry Rice, he thought Davis was the greatest non-QB in playoff history. Quite the compliment.
    I am cool with this list. NFL network has a habit of over valuing recent play and team accomplishments when saying someone is the "best ever" anything.

    My list would include some older Broncos who did not win a Championship but it would be hard to knock some of those guys off the list and I am just not emotionally up to it today,

    A name I would mention is Simon Fletcher. Still holds NFL record for consecutive games with a sack and one would be hard pressed to find a guy who was more consistent at putting pressure on the QB than him.
    Vic Fangio "Von Miller can play better than he has ever played in his career"
    Preventing Death by Inches

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,089
    Without Floyd Little, the list is an automatic fail

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    2,913
    It probably needs to be a top 20 list.
    (A lot of Great Broncos)

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    7,730
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel51 View Post
    Just watched this on youtube this morning while eating breakfast and thought I’d share for discussion.

    10 - Von Miller
    9 - Karl Mecklenberg
    8 - Randy Gradisher
    7 - Steve Atwater
    6 - Rod Smith
    5 - Peyton Manning
    4 - Champ Bailey
    3 - Shannon Sharpe
    2 - Terrell Davis
    1 - John Elway


    An interesting comment was made about Davis. One commentator said, next to Jerry Rice, he thought Davis was the greatest non-QB in playoff history. Quite the compliment.
    With the exception of Elway I don't know that I agree with the order completely but I do with the Broncos listed. Although Rod Smith and Floyd Little should be added.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 06-16-2019 at 08:20 AM.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an, "I owe you".

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel51 View Post
    Just watched this on youtube this morning while eating breakfast and thought I’d share for discussion.

    10 - Von Miller
    9 - Karl Mecklenberg
    8 - Randy Gradisher
    7 - Steve Atwater
    6 - Rod Smith
    5 - Peyton Manning
    4 - Champ Bailey
    3 - Shannon Sharpe
    2 - Terrell Davis
    1 - John Elway


    An interesting comment was made about Davis. One commentator said, next to Jerry Rice, he thought Davis was the greatest non-QB in playoff history. Quite the compliment.
    I can remember Floyd Little back in the day. He has to be top 5. I picked up the Denver newspaper for years and years and his name was in it every week it seemed. Top 5 has to have Vonster in it or it's not legit.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    4,129
    Rich Jackson, Gary Zimmerman, Riley Odoms, and Peyton Manning are 4 of the best players I've seen play for the Broncos since I became a fan at the age of 15, in 1968.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Taos, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,271
    How do you not recognize Floyd Little.

    If the next 50 posters say the same thing, it wasn't stated enough!

    List fail!!!
    [

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Section 120 Row 26
    Posts
    2,811
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    John Elway is tthe best qb to put on the uniform. John Elway, TD and Von Miller each have SB mvps and belong ahead of Manning on the list. Manning would not have won a SB in our uniform if not for Miller. I think Fletcher was a great Bronco, but no way was he better than Gradishar or a few others who didn't make the list. Great Bronco but not top 10 all time by a long shot.
    These lists always seem to be subjective. What if there was a way to objectively put together a top 10?

    Pro Football Reference has a metric called Approximate Value (AV). This metric judges a player's value to their team for a given season. It's kind of like WAR in baseball. The list below shows the players with the highest cumulative scores for all seasons played on the Broncos. This only measures seasons in which these players put on the orange and blue, so this list shows which players added the most value to the Denver Broncos.

    A player who played on the Broncos for a lot of seasons and was consistently good during those seasons will have a higher score. This list favors players who had longevity. Players with short careers like Manning and Davis did not have the chance to put up big career AV numbers as a Bronco.

    1. John Elway (203)
    2. Tom Nalen (130)
    3. Rod Smith (126)
    4. Karl Mecklenburg (113)
    5. Tom Jackson (109)
    5. Louis Wright (109)
    7. Randy Gradishar (107)
    8. Von Miller (106)
    8. Bill Thompson (106)
    10. Dennis Smith (98)

    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...t=&order_by=av

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •