Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NFL Network’s Top 10 Broncos of All Time

Just watched this on youtube this morning while eating breakfast and thought I’d share for discussion.

10 - Von Miller
    9 - Karl Mecklenberg
    8 - Randy Gradisher
    7 - Steve Atwater
    6 - Rod Smith
    5 - Peyton Manning
    4 - Champ Bailey
    3 - Shannon Sharpe
    2 - Terrell Davis
    1 - John Elway

An interesting comment was made about Davis. One commentator said, next to Jerry Rice, he thought Davis was the greatest non-QB in playoff history. Quite the compliment.
    Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
    Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
    Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Take out Manning and insert Dennis Smith, not necessarily at five but somewhere in the top ten.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.

I can’t argue that list too much... anything would be person preference....

Except they missed Ingle Martin....but he transcends lists..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Randy Gradishar goes back the farthest to 1974. It seems the compilers of the list don't think any Broncos before then deserve consideration. John Elway has called Floyd Little the greatest Bronco.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

No Broncos top ten list is complete without Floyd Little. It has been suggested he’s the man who saved the franchise, meaning if he didn’t give fans a reason to come watch a crappy team Denver might have lost the Broncos. Don’t be fooled by his ypc. He was the team’s only offense

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    No Broncos top ten list is complete without Floyd Little. It has been suggested he’s the man who saved the franchise, meaning if he didn’t give fans a reason to come watch a crappy team Denver might have lost the Broncos. Don’t be fooled by his ypc. He was the team’s only offense
    Right. When Floyd was inducted into the HOF, a highlight film was assembled. He appeared in the same backfield with nine different QBs during his nine year career. Besides offense, he also returned Punts and Kickoffs.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

No Floyd little and I think a solid argument could be made for Tom Jackson and Dennis Smith as well. Maybe even Louis Wright? Manning was huge for 3 years and won the super bowl in his 4th but I have a hard time with him being top 10 of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Take out Manning and insert Dennis Smith, not necessarily at five but somewhere in the top ten.
    You can't take out PFM. He may not be one of the long-time classics, but he is a NFL great, and brought us a championship... plus a bunch of exciting, winning seasons. SB50 will forever be the Denver Broncos due to PFM coming to Denver.
    Last edited by Joshua2585; 06-13-2019 at 09:01 AM.

IMO Little should be up there on the list, Grad should be higher and Zimmerman should be on it

Could prob make an argument for Alzado also. Not his fault we got rid of him
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 06-13-2019 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Could prob make an argument for Alzado also Not his fault we got rid of him
    Good day to you!

I'd say its hard not to have Floyd Little in the top 10 ... but those are 10 pretty darn good players. I am a big Mecklenburg fan but maybe that is where Little deserves to be, not that I don't think Meck doesn't deserve to be there though. Peyton having set all kinds of records in 2013, including statistically the best offense in NFL history deserves to be there, doing that as a Bronco, I think has to be recognized.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    IMO Little should be up there on the list, Grad should be higher and Zimmerman should be on it
    That pretty much covers it.

2015, 2016, 2018 Adopted Bronco: Chris Harris Jr.

In the Sixties and early Seventies Denver had a dominant D-Line in the days before sack stats. Rich Jackson, Paul Smith, Dave Costa, Pete Duranko, et al. were as good or better than most Bronco D-Linemen I've seen since. IMO they should be in the conversation.

Any top 10 list is going to have worthy names left off. I’d love to see guys like Floyd Little, Lionel Taylor, and Lou Wright up there but aside from Manning there really isn’t anyone I’d take off for sure. But yes there is definitely some age bias in here as many of the panelists likely didn’t get to watch those games in the 60s.