Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 89
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Section 120 Row 26
    Posts
    2,811
    OK you asked for it (well not really, but I want to continue to nerd out on this best of all time list thread) here is the top 10 all-time seasons for Broncos RBs ranked by AV:

    1. 1974 Otis Armstrong (22)
    1. 1998 Terrell Davis (22)*
    3. 1997 Terrell Davis (19)
    4. 1996 Terrell Davis (16)
    5. 1973 Floyd Little (16)
    5. 2003 Clinton Portis (16)
    7. 1976 Otis Armstrong (15)
    7. 2002 Clinton Portis (15)
    9. 2000 Mike Anderson (13)
    9. 2013 Knowshon Moreno (13)

    * - League MVP

    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...t=&order_by=av

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Section 120 Row 26
    Posts
    2,811
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Don’t show this list to the people still mad and don’t get why Shanny replaced Plummer with Cutler.
    What's weird is 2005 Plummer = 2008 Cutler. We actually didn't gain any value with Cutler at his peak in 2008 vs Plummer at his peak in 2005. I suppose we prolonged good QB play, because 2008 Plummer probably wouldn't have been as good as 2008 Cutler...
    Last edited by BroncoStampede; 06-18-2019 at 11:27 AM.

  3. #63
    broncolee is offline
    Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,093
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Don’t show this list to the people still mad and don’t get why Shanny replaced Plummer with Cutler.
    While I was originally on the Cutler train, I think anyone should realize, in retrospect, that the switch to Cutler was premature.

    Cutler is on a list for top ten single seasons for the Broncos, for one season. I don’t think it’s cause to applaud Shanahan for a mistake he made in a previous season.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Section 120 Row 26
    Posts
    2,811
    All time Broncos WR/TE seasons ranked by AV:

    1. 1998 Rod Smith (17)
    1. 2000 Rod Smith (17)
    3. 2014 Demaryius Thomas (16)
    4. 2001 Rod Smith (15)
    4. 1997 Rod Smith (15)
    6. 1998 Ed McCaffrey (14)
    6. 2014 Emmanuel Sanders (14)
    6. 1997 Shannon Sharpe (14)
    6. 2013 Demaryius Thomas (14)
    10. 2013 Eric Decker (13)
    10. 2000 Ed McCaffrey (13)
    10. 2005 Rod Smith (13)
    10. 2012 Demaryius Thomas (13)

    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...t=&order_by=av

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,410
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    While I was originally on the Cutler train, I think anyone should realize, in retrospect, that the switch to Cutler was premature.

    Cutler is on a list for top ten single seasons for the Broncos, for one season. I don’t think it’s cause to applaud Shanahan for a mistake he made in a previous season.
    Well considering you could easily argue Cutler had a better pro career than Jake Plummer then no I don’t think he made a mistake.

    2007 was easily Plummer’s worst year as a Bronco.

    They both reached a conference title game in which they both were an embarrassment.

    But statistically Cutler exceeds Plummer in a majority of categories for a career.

  6. #66
    broncolee is offline
    Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,093
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Well considering you could easily argue Cutler had a better pro career than Jake Plummer then no I don’t think he made a mistake.

    2007 was easily Plummer’s worst year as a Bronco.

    They both reached a conference title game in which they both were an embarrassment.

    But statistically Cutler exceeds Plummer in a majority of categories for a career.
    I think you mean 2006 when Plummer was pulled after a 7-4 start and still in playoff contention.

    Plummer was not impressive on an individual level but the defense was keeping them in games. One could argue that it’s possible that Plummer wasn’t putting the defense in bad situations where they couldn’t be effective. Once Cutler was put in, the offense was more productive but the defense was booty.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Section 120 Row 26
    Posts
    2,811
    All time top 10 seasons by a Broncos Offensive Lineman by AV:

    1. 2013 Louis Vasquez (20)
    2. 2000 Tom Nalen (18)
    3. 2003 Tom Nalen (17)
    4. 2012 Ryan Clady (16)
    5. 1993 Gary Zimmerman (14)
    5. 1995 Gary Zimmerman (14)
    5. 1996 Gary Zimmerman (14)
    8. 2008 Ryan Clady (13)
    8. 2009 Ryan Clady (13)
    8. 1998 Tony Jones (13)
    8. 1997 Tom Nalen (13)
    8. 1998 Tom Nalen (13)
    8. 1998 Mark Schlereth (13)

    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...t=&order_by=av

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    15,914
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    All time top 10 seasons by a Broncos Offensive Lineman by AV:

    1. 2013 Louis Vasquez (20)
    2. 2000 Tom Nalen (18)
    3. 2003 Tom Nalen (17)
    4. 2012 Ryan Clady (16)
    5. 1993 Gary Zimmerman (14)
    5. 1995 Gary Zimmerman (14)
    5. 1996 Gary Zimmerman (14)
    8. 2008 Ryan Clady (13)
    8. 2009 Ryan Clady (13)
    8. 1998 Tony Jones (13)
    8. 1997 Tom Nalen (13)
    8. 1998 Tom Nalen (13)
    8. 1998 Mark Schlereth (13)

    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...t=&order_by=av
    That’s interesting. I would have thought Cladys rookie season would have been higher. That’s probably the most dominant season I’ve seen from a Bronco offensive lineman; of course I’m biased.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rawlins, Wyoming
    Posts
    1,661
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    Ridiculous that Peyton Manning is #5 and Von Miller is #10, no Simon Fletcher??? Peyton Manning belongs behind only John Elway in Broncos history. Manning was a better QB in his career than Elway (my opinion), and set the NFL all-time records for most yards, TDs and most team offensive points for a single season in a Broncos' uniform. He also won a league MVP wearing a Broncos jersey, which Champ Bailey and Shannon Sharpe never did. Von MIller is a Superbowl MVP and future hall of famer.

    Here's my list:

    1. John Elway
    2. Peyton Manning
    3. Terrell Davis
    4. Von Miller
    5. Floyd Little
    6. Shannon Sharpe
    7. Simon Fletcher
    8. Steve Atwater
    9. Champ Bailey
    10. Rod Smith
    Shannon Sharpe retired with the most receiving yards ever for a TE, the most Receiving TDs ever for a TE, the most receptions ever for a TE.... he was John's go to guy in every big situation, he is probably closer to number 2 on this list in my opinion than anyone else. I love TD, but Sharpe was just as important to this team, it would be a tie for 2 for me with these two... Now Champ... He could not be on the list and i wouldn't care.
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Section 120 Row 26
    Posts
    2,811
    Top 10 seasons for defensive players by AV:

    1. 1989 Karl Mecklenburg (20)
    2. 1997 Darrien Gordon (17)*
    2. 2012 Von Miller (17)
    2. 2015 Von Miller (17)
    2. 2016 Von Miller (17)
    2. 1997 John Mobley (17)
    2. 1996 Alfred Williams (17)
    2. 1979 Louis Wright (17)
    9. 2004 Champ Bailey (16)
    9. 2006 Champ Bailey (16)
    9. 1977 Randy Gradishar (16)
    9. 1981 Bob Swenson (16)
    9. 1977 Bill Thompson (16)

    * - His elite special teams play that year contributed to his value

    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...t=&order_by=av

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,778
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    While I was originally on the Cutler train, I think anyone should realize, in retrospect, that the switch to Cutler was premature.

    Cutler is on a list for top ten single seasons for the Broncos, for one season. I don’t think it’s cause to applaud Shanahan for a mistake he made in a previous season.
    Neither QB knew how to play good enough within their limits to win a Championship so the Plummer vs Cutler thing is pretty much a crap vs crap

    If one is happy to just win football games only to see the QB become a turnover machine some where in the playoffs I guess there is a discussion to be had but if the goal is to win a Ring neither qb had the ability to play within their own limits to get that done.
    Vic Fangio "Von Miller can play better than he has ever played in his career"
    Preventing Death by Inches

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Section 120 Row 26
    Posts
    2,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    That’s interesting. I would have thought Cladys rookie season would have been higher. That’s probably the most dominant season I’ve seen from a Bronco offensive lineman; of course I’m biased.
    Yea Clady was good that year, it was pretty amazing. One guy I think we're forgetting for an all time Broncos great is Garret Bo...uh, nevermind.

  13. #73
    broncolee is offline
    Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Neither QB knew how to play good enough within their limits to win a Championship so the Plummer vs Cutler thing is pretty much a crap vs crap

    If one is happy to just win football games only to see the QB become a turnover machine some where in the playoffs I guess there is a discussion to be had but if the goal is to win a Ring neither qb had the ability to play within their own limits to get that done.
    If Plummer has Haloti Ngata on defense instead of Cutler as his usurper, would that be true?

    If the Broncos had played smart defense against the Steelers, would the Broncos have won that AFCCG? Let’s not forget, the way to beat the Steelers that season was to make Ben read the defense, but the Broncos decided to blitz him.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    15,914
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    If Plummer has Haloti Ngata on defense instead of Cutler as his usurper, would that be true?

    If the Broncos had played smart defense against the Steelers, would the Broncos have won that AFCCG? Let’s not forget, the way to beat the Steelers that season was to make Ben read the defense, but the Broncos decided to blitz him.
    The biggest mistake Shanny made in that game was leaving our outmatched LT one on one with Joey Porter.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Section 120 Row 26
    Posts
    2,811
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    If Plummer has Haloti Ngata on defense instead of Cutler as his usurper, would that be true?

    If the Broncos had played smart defense against the Steelers, would the Broncos have won that AFCCG? Let’s not forget, the way to beat the Steelers that season was to make Ben read the defense, but the Broncos decided to blitz him.
    Hindsight is 20/20, but man Ngata over Cutler would have been better for the team at the time. Ngata is a possible HOFer, and Cutler was a starter for Denver for 2.5 non-playoff appearance years before he was traded for Orton (who started 2 more non-playoff appearance years after that) and picks that became Robert Ayers, Alphonso Smith and Richard Quinn. It's OK if you don't know who any of those players are, nobody else does either.

    in the 2006 draft, Denver was coming off a deep playoff run and was in win-now mode. We really probably shouldn't have taken Cutler there. That was the beginning of the end for Shanny.

    https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/201...trade-details/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •