Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by marktippins1981 View Post
    I predicted that when the trust was setup, that Bowlen would have written in a sneaky part to his Will that, if he should die, then control goes to Elway, with all his children having equal shares of the rest. He loves Elway, and I have never really seen admiration quite like it, from an owner to player dynamic anyhow.

..wishful thinking on my part, but I also would love to see it remain in the Bowlen family too. I just don't want some dodgy big business oil tycoon swanning in and buying it and running it like a business. I want a passionate owner who cares about the game, the fans, and the team, as much as Pat did. He truly was a fantastic owner and advocate for the NFL; he was instrumental in getting the London NFL games I recently found out too, which as a UK Fan, has made me feel even closer to the NFL.

Miss you Pat
    It would be great to see Elway as owner, unfortunately NFL bylaws strictly prohibit it. They lay out exactly who can be left the franchise (spouses and direct relatives) and also make painfully clear that anyone that doesn't fit into those two categories has to pay full market value for the share of franchise they own. Even the trust violated NFL bylaws, but the league owners changed that bylaw because of Pat Bowlen's situation.

Almost like the Billionaires in the club don't want anyone devaluing their assets in any way whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    If the Courts don't take up Bill Bowlen's complaints against the Trustees, I would assume that Brittany Bowlen will get the nod. But at least one of them will be running the team, unless they decide to sell. Maybe if the 2 have a good relationship, they can do it as a team as they both appear to be exceptional women. And yeah, hopefully they will run it less as a business, and more as a passion. And not "into the ground".

It doesn't sound like the courts will take it up, since they outright said that they believe it's a league matter. I think the league with give Carmen Policy (their appointed arbitrator) the chance to solve it, if he can't get it resolved I wouldn't be shocked if the league forced a sale of the team. The last thing the league wants is for this to drag into endless disputes that get played out in the media.

Would be very happy with the Mannings having ownership

There will be an ownership change in the next 24-36 months. I believe that if Brittany does not become sole or at least majority owner the league will force a sale.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an, "I owe you".

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    It would be great to see Elway as owner, unfortunately NFL bylaws strictly prohibit it. They lay out exactly who can be left the franchise (spouses and direct relatives) and also make painfully clear that anyone that doesn't fit into those two categories has to pay full market value for the share of franchise they own. Even the trust violated NFL bylaws, but the league owners changed that bylaw because of Pat Bowlen's situation.

Almost like the Billionaires in the club don't want anyone devaluing their assets in any way whatsoever.
    Ahhhhh ok, I didn't know that. Can he leave at least part of the team to Elway? I would personally love it if Elway, Manning, and other former players collaborated and bought the team. Every ex-Bronco has a share in the team, no matter how small. How awesome would that be? Or a Green Bay setup, where the fans buy the team. That would honour Pat's ethos of having the Broncos for the Community, rather than as a greedy owner wanting to make money from it, which I imagine he did a lot of anyway. He seemed to really care about Colorado, although my view of it is from afar, so not really qualified to judge that side of it; if only I could move to Colorado
    Denver Broncos Fan from UK

Quote Originally Posted by marktippins1981 View Post
    Ahhhhh ok, I didn't know that. Can he leave at least part of the team to Elway? I would personally love it if Elway, Manning, and other former players collaborated and bought the team. Every ex-Bronco has a share in the team, no matter how small. How awesome would that be? Or a Green Bay setup, where the fans buy the team. That would honour Pat's ethos of having the Broncos for the Community, rather than as a greedy owner wanting to make money from it, which I imagine he did a lot of anyway. He seemed to really care about Colorado, although my view of it is from afar, so not really qualified to judge that side of it; if only I could move to Colorado
    Unfortunately no. The ownership of a team can only be left to a spouse or direct relative of the deceased owner. In theory an owner could leave a person $X dollars to buy a piece of the franchise, but then the league would be able to do a background check on the potential new owner. With the owner directly to relative transfer the NFL doesn't do any background checks or vetting of the relatives.

As far as Broncos ownership goes, I'm just wondering which Canadian will be the next to own the team? Given that Kaiser was from BC and Bowlen was from Alberta (I met one of his grandkids when I was going into a bank one day and he commented on my Broncos hat during the 4-12 season) it would appear the next owner should be from Saskatchewan. That would be N.Murray Edwards the owner of the Calgary Flames. Unfortunately he doesn't have enough money to buy the team outright and he's moved to London to get away from Alberta tax laws, so he's unlikely. I guess we may have to give ownership of Canada's team back to an American....

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Unfortunately no. The ownership of a team can only be left to a spouse or direct relative of the deceased owner. In theory an owner could leave a person $X dollars to buy a piece of the franchise, but then the league would be able to do a background check on the potential new owner. With the owner directly to relative transfer the NFL doesn't do any background checks or vetting of the relatives.

As far as Broncos ownership goes, I'm just wondering which Canadian will be the next to own the team? Given that Kaiser was from BC and Bowlen was from Alberta (I met one of his grandkids when I was going into a bank one day and he commented on my Broncos hat during the 4-12 season) it would appear the next owner should be from Saskatchewan. That would be N.Murray Edwards the owner of the Calgary Flames. Unfortunately he doesn't have enough money to buy the team outright and he's moved to London to get away from Alberta tax laws, so he's unlikely. I guess we may have to give ownership of Canada's team back to an American....
    i honestly hope it stays in the hands of a bowlen kid.
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 06-27-2019 at 11:14 PM.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait