Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Broncos Ownership: A Change Coming?

So sad to hear the loss of Pat, he truly was the best owner, and it's so awful what happened to him. One of the most horrific illnesses

This might seem a bit heartless to start thinking about this so soon, but I can't be the only Broncos Fan who is now wondering what will happen with our Ownership? Or am I being too cold here?

Does this move things on from the Bowlen Trust? Who takes control, Beth, Patrick, John, Brittney? One of his other family members? Could Elway make a case for gaining control? I always thought Pat was going to hand ownership over to John, and thought there could be something in his Will to mention this.

If Elway did become majority Owner, would you all be in favour of this? Personally, I think that would be the perfect outcome; who loves The Broncos more than John?
    Denver Broncos Fan from UK

Quote Originally Posted by marktippins1981 View Post
    So sad to hear the loss of Pat, he truly was the best owner, and it's so awful what happened to him. One of the most horrific illnesses

This might seem a bit heartless to start thinking about this so soon, but I can't be the only Broncos Fan who is now wondering what will happen with our Ownership? Or am I being too cold here?

Does this move things on from the Bowlen Trust? Who takes control, Beth, Patrick, John, Brittney? One of his other family members? Could Elway make a case for gaining control? I always thought Pat was going to hand ownership over to John, and thought there could be something in his Will to mention this.

If Elway did become majority Owner, would you all be in favour of this? Personally, I think that would be the perfect outcome; who loves The Broncos more than John?
    Too soon to be asking or answering this imo

Great owner. May he RIP.

Current structure:

Ownership: Trust
    Day-to-day operation: Three trustrees (Joe Ellis, Rich Sliva and Mary Kelly)

It will continue as such until an heir has been identified. My guess is that Brittany Bowlen will become owner of the Broncos within 32 months from now.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

RIP Pat!! Great owner, he will be missed

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

I believe that if Pat had known what the Broncos would face with the current Ownership crisis, he would have been more specific in how the transfer would happen. The Broncos are a $2 Billion dollar franchise. I don't see John Elway having ANY possible "financial" interest in future Ownership. He doesn't have that kind of money. In fact, I don't see ANYONE in Denver with the kind of money it would take to purchase the Franchise should the family decide to sell.
    Last edited by gtown53; 06-14-2019 at 07:16 AM.

I personally do not like Joe Ellis but right now I think to just continue the path of the trust Mr B has setup.

Mr B saw this coming and made plans for it.

It would be nice to hope one of his children can step up at some point. Mr B taught Elway about franchise ownership and I would not be surprised if one day Elway has someone take over his role and mentors one of Mr B's children in franchise ownership. I think the NFL also would like to see one of Mr B's children take over and would support the mentoring of one of his children.
    Vic Fangio "Von Miller can play better than he has ever played in his career"
    Preventing Death by Inches

Ian Rapoport said that hes been told that Brittany Bowlen has emerged as the most likely successor to take ownership. I dont believe this would be a surprise and expect Brittany to join the Broncos in an executive role next year.

I predicted that when the trust was setup, that Bowlen would have written in a sneaky part to his Will that, if he should die, then control goes to Elway, with all his children having equal shares of the rest. He loves Elway, and I have never really seen admiration quite like it, from an owner to player dynamic anyhow.

..wishful thinking on my part, but I also would love to see it remain in the Bowlen family too. I just don't want some dodgy big business oil tycoon swanning in and buying it and running it like a business. I want a passionate owner who cares about the game, the fans, and the team, as much as Pat did. He truly was a fantastic owner and advocate for the NFL; he was instrumental in getting the London NFL games I recently found out too, which as a UK Fan, has made me feel even closer to the NFL.

Miss you Pat

..wishful thinking on my part, but I also would love to see it remain in the Bowlen family too. I just don't want some dodgy big business oil tycoon swanning in and buying it and running it like a business.
    Have you seen that Instagram post with John Bowlen with Vance Joseph? I think that's an indication of how things would go if he took over majority ownership.

It was great to see Beth and Brittany Bowlen standing together to honor their father. Who knows, maybe the two of them will run the Franchise, .............. together.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    It was great to see Beth and Brittany Bowlen standing together to honor their father. Who knows, maybe the two of them will run the Franchise, .............. together.
    Together, as opposed to, into the ground?

So I presume everyone would want Elway to take over? I should have done a poll

Quote Originally Posted by DwhitetheGamer View Post
    Have you seen that Instagram post with John Bowlen with Vance Joseph? I think that's an indication of how things would go if he took over majority ownership.
    No, not seen that. Will look it up..

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Together, as opposed to, into the ground?
    If the Courts don't take up Bill Bowlen's complaints against the Trustees, I would assume that Brittany Bowlen will get the nod. But at least one of them will be running the team, unless they decide to sell. Maybe if the 2 have a good relationship, they can do it as a team as they both appear to be exceptional women. And yeah, hopefully they will run it less as a business, and more as a passion. And not "into the ground".

Brittany Bowlen would be fine with me.
    Former Colorado resident, stuck in Texas. Broncos fan since 1987