Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I Have Won The Lottery

I did not have to buy a ticket.....I just made the best decision of my life, and was fortunate that she said yes. That was many years ago.

It's been the best journey I can imagine.

Great/best day to have an anniversary
    May I suggest some Paul McCartney ... I hear he has a lot of love songs!

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Great/best day to have an anniversary
    May I suggest some Paul McCartney ... I hear he has a lot of love songs!
    You mean like "silly love songs"....

And yah, seems like a great day all around!!

Happy anniversary!

I am veerrrrrry happy for both of you boooth. HAPPY ANNIVERARY CAN!!!!

I can understand, the best thing about me is my wife imo. I looked at her and have never looked back. I wouldn't trade for anything if it meant going through life without her.
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Happy anniversary!
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I am veerrrrrry happy for both of you boooth. HAPPY ANNIVERARY CAN!!!!

I can understand, the best thing about me is my wife imo. I looked at her and have never looked back. I wouldn't trade for anything if it meant going through life without her.
    Thx gents!!

Happy anniversary!

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Happy anniversary, Mr. ando Mrs. Can !

Good week for anniversaries. Ours was yesterday.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post

HAPPY Anniversary P!!!
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an, "I owe you".
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    Happy anniversary!
    Thx pal!

Thank you. Congratz to you both!

Thanks, Saddle and Can.

Can, in your opinion, what is the secret to a long, happy relationship? You obviously found something.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

How many years?

I have always believed that people who feel like they never get their share of luck should look around, and reconsider given the wonderful people they may have in their lives. And yes, most of us hope that some day, we will win a lottery. Maybe take care of some debt, get a nicer house, help the kids, and hopefully donate something to charity. That sort of thing. BUT....I firmly believe that my wife was a major lottery win, and then some. A once in a lifetime blessing. No dollars can be attached. How do you value "everything"?

Awesome! Congrats!

Thanks, Saddle and Can.

Can, in your opinion, what is the secret to a long, happy relationship? You obviously found something.
    Sorry I missed this post earlier.

Very good question, and you might know the answer better than I actually do. But let me give it a shot....

At some point, once you get far beyond the initial "glow" that often comes with a special relationship, which is often when you will do anything for your partner because you care that much, there may come a time when it is not as seemingly perfect. When maybe we've had some harder times together. When we may have lost some of that glow. I believe that, what happens after that point, is crucial. Do we try hard or do we take the other person for granted? Do we overlook the so called flaws or imperfections that may be annoying to us, or do we start to lose interest? Do we make sacrifices when we really don't feel the need? Do we keep showing affection/interest or do we spend our time elsewhere, or not paying attention? Do we choose to be as classy as we can, or do slide into a dangerous path of disrespectful behaviour, or at minimum, rudeness and inattentiveness?

This is just my take, and what I have just laid down may not be relevant to others. They may wonder if in fact, I have a great partnership. Lets me just say, I am trying to assess from what I have not only experienced, but what I have observed with others.

I digress. Before I go too much further, there are two sides to this of course, so this is not about one person's take. It would be incredibly interesting if you could ask my wife the same question. I might be shocked to hear here side, and even more so, why she has been so loyal, and kind, and supportive.

Anyway....I feel like, if we get to that crossroad situation described above, when the initial energy and feelings may be different, I believe many of us realize that we are indeed lucky, and that we love our relationship, even with imperfections. And most of all, we become the best of friends. And the very thought of not being together would be extremely difficult, possibly life ruining.

P....I think those of us who have been partnered for many years have had our "moments". We need to be mature enough to handle those moments, and use them wisely. And we need to forfeit any of those little things that are not worth worrying about. And if we're lucky, all the good outweighs that other stuff, and the key factors that help bond a relationship are ingrained in our daily lives.

I believe there is some luck for sure. Not every person can forgive, and sometimes rightfully so. Some mistakes can not be forgotten.

But definitely I believe there is a lot of maturity/wisdom involved. There seems to be a constant monitoring in place that keeps telling us the score, and for those of us lucky ones, the score in favour of the partnership is always better than the score against. And quite possibly, once you realize that in itself, the chances of long term success get better and better, because there are very few, if any, surprises to deal with. You've experienced most of everything, and you realize you love it the way it is. It may not be even close to the same as when you first had a crush on that person, but it has grown into something much more meaningful.

Hey, maybe it's simpler. Maybe we are just meant to be together. But I don't think it quite that way, although there may be some merit to it. No doubt we need to have some key bonding characteristics. But I also I believe we have an active role, and that we have to make the right decisions along the way, to preserve what we have, and to prove how much we care, from time to time. And if that means just being great friends for a while, that's all good....because if you can keep the friendship, there is no telling how great you can keep the relationship.

Sorry.....you know me, say more when you can say less.
    Last edited by CanDB; 06-19-2019 at 11:48 AM.