MLB Challenge - Need Help !!!!!

Hi, I'm doing a world sports challenge with a few friends and with most sports I'm fairly knowledgeable, but we have moved onto the Baseball round and I don't know anything about Baseball.

Anyway, we have picked this Wednesdays slate of games and we all have to pick 5 teams to win and rank them 1-5.... so if our number one pick wins we get 10 points, number 2 pick is 8 points, and so on.

Can anyone give me 5 winners in the order of most likely, it will be most appreciated, thanks. Here are the games -

Blue Rays @ Yankees

White Sox @ Red Sox

Royals @ Indians

Padres @ Orioles

Dodgers @ D-Backs

Rockies @ Giants

Mets @ Phillies

Nationals @ Marlins

Rangers @ Tigers

Athletics @ Cardinals

Braves @ Cubs

Reds @ Angels

Rays @ Twins

Pirates @ Astros

Mariners @ Brewers

OK Bronx....

Lets try to pick 5 first. I'd take:

Yanks over Blue Jays
    Astros over Pittsburgh
    Red Sox over White Sox
    Brewers over Mariners
    Dodgers over DBacks

Not sure about the order, though I may not maneuver much.

BUT I have not studied who is starting each game, and that could mess with a couple of the games and priority.

Hope that helps a wee bit.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    OK Bronx....

Lets try to pick 5 first. I'd take:

Yanks over Blue Jays
    Astros over Pittsburgh
    Red Sox over White Sox
    Brewers over Mariners
    Dodgers over DBacks

Not sure about the order, though I may not maneuver much.

BUT I have not studied who is starting each game, and that could mess with a couple of the games and priority.

Hope that helps a wee bit.
    Thanks for the help Can

I have studied some Baseball scores and it just looks really unpredictable.

The Blue Jays are near the bottom of the standing but beat the Yankees a day or 2 ago and are beating them again.

The Red Sox are getting smoked at home to a team they should be beating.

I also scrolled back through a few Astro games as they are doing well this season and they lost 12-0 at home to Toronto !!!!!!

Is Baseball one of the hardest sports to pick a game winner from ?

With the NFL although you get the odd surprise you generally know that if KC are at home to the Bengals or Raiders then they will smoke them. NE at home are almost a banker W, but the MLB just seems really random.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Thanks for the help Can

I have studied some Baseball scores and it just looks really unpredictable.

The Blue Jays are near the bottom of the standing but beat the Yankees a day or 2 ago and are beating them again.

The Red Sox are getting smoked at home to a team they should be beating.

I also scrolled back through a few Astro games as they are doing well this season and they lost 12-0 at home to Toronto !!!!!!

Is Baseball one of the hardest sports to pick a game winner from ?

With the NFL although you get the odd surprise you generally know that if KC are at home to the Bengals or Raiders then they will smoke them. NE at home are almost a banker W, but the MLB just seems really random.
    Baseball is hard to predict, given a really good season means you won 6 of 10. And on any given day, if a weaker team has their best starter, you just never know.

Hey Bronx.....I am a Blue Jays fan. But their #1 starter - Stroman, pitched yesterday, so he won't pitch Wednesday. And if you ask me, they really do not have much other pitching. Now, I would assume a lot of your competitors will choose that game and quite possibly with their #1 pick, but if not, you might gain a few points on others.

And if my young Jays come swingin that day.....sorry!!!

Sorry I don't have any advice for you, bronx. I have certain teams that I like, but not knowledgeable enough to recommend some winners.

Normally, I would say pick any team against the Orioles, but the Padres are kind of iffy.

Hope you do good in the challenge.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Hey Bronx.....I am a Blue Jays fan. But their #1 starter - Stroman, pitched yesterday, so he won't pitch Wednesday. And if you ask me, they really do not have much other pitching. Now, I would assume a lot of your competitors will choose that game and quite possibly with their #1 pick, but if not, you might gain a few points on others.

And if my young Jays come swingin that day.....sorry!!!
    Sorry Bronx....I hope you took my advice, BUT so far only on this one game!!! OMG, unless there are some comebacks, I will go 1 for 5! And no, I don't think picking priority #1 was such a big deal, given The Yanks barely beat The Jays.

Hope you ignored me (other than the obvious!)

Sorry Bronx....I hope you took my advice, BUT so far only on this one game!!! OMG, unless there are some comebacks, I will go 1 for 5! And no, I don't think picking priority #1 was such a big deal, given The Yanks barely beat The Jays.

Hope you ignored me (other than the obvious!)
    LOL, I didn't do too good but never mind, I knew the MLB was not my strong area