Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 55
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    This isnt necessarily to disagree wiwith anything you've said, but since you brought up 2014 I felt I had to add it. People often bring up Flacco's 2014 season when praising him. And on the surface, that seems fine. It's easily his best individual season and we haven't seen production like 4k yards and 27 TDs in a while in Denver. But when you really look at it, and how Flacco compared to his peers that year, you will find it painfully...average. Which is why I've maintained that at hisbest, Flacco is barely average. I hope we get that rather than the much more frequent below average Flacco.
    Given your text, I was surprised to learn Flacco had a better Pct. in '14 compared to Luck and Stafford who lit it up that year.

    Why do you think Elway traded for a "below average QB" in Flacco when he could have retained Siemian?

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    12,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    This isnt necessarily to disagree wiwith anything you've said, but since you brought up 2014 I felt I had to add it. People often bring up Flacco's 2014 season when praising him. And on the surface, that seems fine. It's easily his best individual season and we haven't seen production like 4k yards and 27 TDs in a while in Denver. But when you really look at it, and how Flacco compared to his peers that year, you will find it painfully...average. Which is why I've maintained that at hisbest, Flacco is barely average. I hope we get that rather than the much more frequent below average Flacco.
    Weíve all heard your complaints, we know your upset with the Flacco signing but none of us are going to drop to the same level of indifference.

    No offense but as Broncos fans we tend to back our team and stay optimistic. Please attempt to do the same because no matter how upset you are, this is the reality and your constant complaints arenít going to change that!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    7,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    This isnt necessarily to disagree wiwith anything you've said, but since you brought up 2014 I felt I had to add it. People often bring up Flacco's 2014 season when praising him. And on the surface, that seems fine. It's easily his best individual season and we haven't seen production like 4k yards and 27 TDs in a while in Denver. But when you really look at it, and how Flacco compared to his peers that year, you will find it painfully...average. Which is why I've maintained that at hisbest, Flacco is barely average. I hope we get that rather than the much more frequent below average Flacco.
    best seasons maybe but i think he has games where he looks super special

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    it depends on how he plays. if he keeps playing like a below average QB then i will say that. if he steps up maybe not. but alot of those years he was carried. he has some good years between 2008-2012. he also had a good year in 2014. but sense that he has been average to below average. his career averages are also meh
    Always with the negative vibrations, moriarty.
    I understand that a lot of Denver fans have hated Flacco since he beat the Broncos in the playoffs, when you thought you had the game all sewed up with less than a minute left. Its ok. But your hate is misplaced. Flacco only did what he was trained to do. Not many quarterbacks in the league could throw a ball that far, at that temperature the ball must have felt like a brick.
    But you have to give up the hate. He is the quarterback of the Broncos.
    Repeat after me, Flacco is elite. He will prove this by taking a below avg. team to the Superbowl.
    Flacco is elite. He will prove this by taking a below avg. team to the Superbowl.
    Flacco is elite. He will prove this by taking a below avg. team to the Superbowl.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    7,564
    Quote Originally Posted by crabcruncher View Post
    Always with the negative vibrations, moriarty.
    I understand that a lot of Denver fans have hated Flacco since he beat the Broncos in the playoffs, when you thought you had the game all sewed up with less than a minute left. Its ok. But your hate is misplaced. Flacco only did what he was trained to do. Not many quarterbacks in the league could throw a ball that far, at that temperature the ball must have felt like a brick.
    But you have to give up the hate. He is the quarterback of the Broncos.
    Repeat after me, Flacco is elite. He will prove this by taking a below avg. team to the Superbowl.
    Flacco is elite. He will prove this by taking a below avg. team to the Superbowl.
    Flacco is elite. He will prove this by taking a below avg. team to the Superbowl.
    after what we have had in here recently i wont get my hopes up about anything with a QB supposedly gonna be elite

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    15,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    after what we have had in here recently i wont get my hopes up about anything with a QB supposedly gonna be elite
    was manning elite in 2015 ?

    Fangio and Elway are rebuilding this defense to be a top 5 defense again, what we need is an experienced qb who can read defenses, change plays at the line based on the defense, be accurate and not scared to stretch the field...that's flacco

    I get it theres a few here that simply hate flacco, and one or two that seem like they hope flacco fails so they can say...see I was right!!

    but they use his stats on a team that rarely had great wrs, most times didn't even have good wrs

    I believe that with a great defense, a improved oline, and what probably will be the best set of WRs flacco has ever had, along with a solid run game

    will be just what flacco needs, and therefore the team will win some games

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    8,963
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    was manning elite in 2015 ?

    Fangio and Elway are rebuilding this defense to be a top 5 defense again, what we need is an experienced qb who can read defenses, change plays at the line based on the defense, be accurate and not scared to stretch the field...that's flacco

    I get it theres a few here that simply hate flacco, and one or two that seem like they hope flacco fails so they can say...see I was right!!

    but they use his stats on a team that rarely had great wrs, most times didn't even have good wrs

    I believe that with a great defense, a improved oline, and what probably will be the best set of WRs flacco has ever had, along with a solid run game

    will be just what flacco needs, and therefore the team will win some games
    I get the idea itís not just Flacco itís a disliking for anything Elway does.
    Different strokes for different folks i guess!

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,375
    Quote Originally Posted by crabcruncher View Post
    Always with the negative vibrations, moriarty.
    I understand that a lot of Denver fans have hated Flacco since he beat the Broncos in the playoffs, when you thought you had the game all sewed up with less than a minute left. Its ok. But your hate is misplaced. Flacco only did what he was trained to do. Not many quarterbacks in the league could throw a ball that far, at that temperature the ball must have felt like a brick.
    But you have to give up the hate. He is the quarterback of the Broncos.
    Repeat after me, Flacco is elite. He will prove this by taking a below avg. team to the Superbowl.
    Flacco is elite. He will prove this by taking a below avg. team to the Superbowl.
    Flacco is elite. He will prove this by taking a below avg. team to the Superbowl.


    CP's for the Kelly's Heroes ref

    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,190
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    was manning elite in 2015 ?

    Fangio and Elway are rebuilding this defense to be a top 5 defense again, what we need is an experienced qb who can read defenses, change plays at the line based on the defense, be accurate and not scared to stretch the field...that's flacco

    I get it theres a few here that simply hate flacco, and one or two that seem like they hope flacco fails so they can say...see I was right!!

    but they use his stats on a team that rarely had great wrs, most times didn't even have good wrs

    I believe that with a great defense, a improved oline, and what probably will be the best set of WRs flacco has ever had, along with a solid run game

    will be just what flacco needs, and therefore the team will win some games
    No. We had one of the best defenses of all time, however. Think we can replicate that so easily?

    Also, what happens if Flacco plays like he always had? Will the rest of the team be thrown under the bus in excuse of Flacco's poor play? This certainly is a good supporting cast, but if Flacco cannot succeed with them, then what? It can't be that he's just a bad QB, can it?

    I have no doubts that this team can win games, but rather in spite of poor QB play instead of a byproduct of it. We could have won 9 games last year with largely the same caliber QB as Flacco. I think our ceiling is around there this year as well.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,190
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I get the idea itís not just Flacco itís a disliking for anything Elway does.
    Different strokes for different folks i guess!
    I don't see much of that. I'm a big fan of everything Elway has done lately except for Flacco.

    I actually don't really care much about the move anymore anyway. Elway couldn't keep Keenum around; the the fanbase had seen enough so he had to toss them another sacrificial lamb. Flacco buys Elway time with people that haven't really paid attention to his play the last half decade. On the surface people like it and think he's an improvement over Keenum, that settles the fanbase until the season is rolling and it becomes obvious that Keenum and Flacco are darn near equals.

    We lost a 4th for Flacco, ideally we would use that to improve the team with a player that will be here longer than a year, but it's not a big deal. Like I said, I don't hate the move, I love most things Elway has done, I just have a very educated opinion on what Flacco is capable of and like to present that to those who share differing opinions.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Taos, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,290
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Flacco played well in the playoffs
    Beat the Steelers and lost a heartbreaking game at New England 35-31 ( threw 4 tds)
    Imagine if his defense got a stop.
    Flacco has a pretty big arm and a savvy vet's ability to read an offense.

    We haven't had that since Peyton, I'm in!
    [

  12. #27
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I don't see much of that. I'm a big fan of everything Elway has done lately except for Flacco.

    I actually don't really care much about the move anymore anyway. Elway couldn't keep Keenum around; the the fanbase had seen enough so he had to toss them another sacrificial lamb. Flacco buys Elway time with people that haven't really paid attention to his play the last half decade. On the surface people like it and think he's an improvement over Keenum, that settles the fanbase until the season is rolling and it becomes obvious that Keenum and Flacco are darn near equals.

    We lost a 4th for Flacco, ideally we would use that to improve the team with a player that will be here longer than a year, but it's not a big deal. Like I said, I don't hate the move, I love most things Elway has done, I just have a very educated opinion on what Flacco is capable of and like to present that to those who share differing opinions.
    Elway has spoken very highly of Flacco since trading for him.
    Do you think your opinion is more educated than Elway's?

    I would pay $12.99 to see you and Elway go back and forth.
    I'm sure it would be a quick debate. lol

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    8,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I don't see much of that. I'm a big fan of everything Elway has done lately except for Flacco.

    I actually don't really care much about the move anymore anyway. Elway couldn't keep Keenum around; the the fanbase had seen enough so he had to toss them another sacrificial lamb. Flacco buys Elway time with people that haven't really paid attention to his play the last half decade. On the surface people like it and think he's an improvement over Keenum, that settles the fanbase until the season is rolling and it becomes obvious that Keenum and Flacco are darn near equals.

    We lost a 4th for Flacco, ideally we would use that to improve the team with a player that will be here longer than a year, but it's not a big deal. Like I said, I don't hate the move, I love most things Elway has done, I just have a very educated opinion on what Flacco is capable of and like to present that to those who share differing opinions.
    Unfortunately I donít have an educated opinion on Flacco, I just like the fit. I think he is a good fit for a team that will have a dominant defense and runs the ball.
    I also canít ignore his 10-5 postseason record
    7 road wins, 25 tds & 10 ints.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...to-joe-flacco/

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    12,536
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Unfortunately I donít have an educated opinion on Flacco, I just like the fit. I think he is a good fit for a team that will have a dominant defense and runs the ball.
    I also canít ignore his 10-5 postseason record
    7 road wins, 25 tds & 10 ints.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...to-joe-flacco/
    Great post! He also went through Luck, Manning and Brady to win a super bowl.

    Iíll trust Elwayís decision to trade for that guy over the opinion of any forum member in here.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    8,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Great post! He also went through Luck, Manning and Brady to win a super bowl.

    Iíll trust Elwayís decision to trade for that guy over the opinion of any forum member in here.
    I think the main thing is expectations. Anybody who thinks Flacco will be Peyton 2.0 throwing for 40+ tds every year is going to be disappointed. Flacco can run our offense, doesnít have an ego where he needs to throw 40 times a game and will always audible to a pass at the goal line. He is the perfect QB for the kinda team we had in 2015.

    Iím expecting him to throw for 3,500 to 4K yards, 25 to 30 tds, and 12 to 15 ints in our offense.
    Most important thing Flacco brings is his experience, he 8th in wins all-time in wins of active QBs (21st all time) at 96-63.
    Elway put up his best statistical seasons from 95-98 in Shannahanís offense and thatís why he brought him in.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •